Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You know what the original doesn't destroy? The $3k it sells for in auction.
I would dump that that thing so fast and go spend it on life.

This new one does just fine by me.

Yep! I a statue I own ever gets to 3x what I paid...hell even 2x what I paid..I usually sell it. The one thing I enjoy more than collectibles..is money. :)

How often does anyone here pick up a statue of a character they have no connection to? I really like this new doom, he's so menacing and the design is just cool. The only issue I have is that I never really read any comics with him in them.

I would say about 80% of the people on this board have bought and continue to buy collectibles on characters they have zero connection to. It probably becomes closer to 99% when it concerns female statues. :D

Yep! I a statue I own ever gets to 3x what I paid...hell even 2x what I paid..I usually sell it. The one thing I enjoy more than collectibles..is money. :)

I would say about 80% of the people on this board have bought and continue to buy collectibles on characters they have zero connection to. It probably becomes closer to 99% when it concerns female statues. :D
Not I.

How often does anyone here pick up a statue of a character they have no connection to? I really like this new doom, he's so menacing and the design is just cool. The only issue I have is that I never really read any comics with him in them.
This is something I play around with in my head too. Some characters transcend that though. Like everybody knows Doom is one of those comic book badasses. If you can afford it and you like the statue, that should be reason enough.

If anything, you should watch how he whoops the whole avengers team without breaking a sweat in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon on Netflix. That would show you a glimpse of how strong and smart Doom is lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Personally, I never sell anything. Unless I had some type of financial crisis, I don't see myself doing so, but that's just me. If it's something I feel I might want to sell in the future, I just won't buy it because I don't want it enough. I also could never imagine buying expensive statues for characters I have no connection with, Thus you won't see X-Men in my collection, outside of Magneto who falls in a different category than straight-up X-Men. I do, however, leave open the possibility of people just liking the look of something and purchasing it. That's no different than a lot of things if you have the money to spare. I'm not a snob about these things.

Great pics, risingstar! Thanks! I had to cancel my Ex since some many other things shipped out this and next month, but I might have to get a flexpay on the reg, it looks really outstanding.

Oh boy -- this was not an easy statue to take pictures of... lol. This is the first batch of pics taken this morning after much futzing with the cloth last night and this morning... I don't generally like to use natural lighting as it tends to whitewash the image, but I didn't have much of a choice here and unnatural lighting just wasn't working.

Agree, i think i spent about 40 minutes of futzing the cape another 20ish this morning and i'm still not 100% satisfied. you did a wonderful job around the neck of the cape. I usually take shots of both portrait but in this case i won't because the cape and hood are 2 separate are both a ***** to set up, had a few scares with the head possibly falling and adjusting the cape around the shoulders would sometimes cause the chest plate pins to pop out.

A really challenging piece to assemble but worth the time

I take the opposite approach haha. I'll pick up a trade or two on a character I don't really know, then buy entire runs of the character, then buy a bunch of statues related to the character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) Its okay. Being the nerd I am theres not too many characters I'm not familiar with [emoji38]

I'm with you, and to be not so kind to myself, being a super nerd, there's not too many I don't have an affinity for. Thus, I can only thank some higher power that the X-Men never tickled my fancy...or I'd be in big trouble.

I'm with you, and to be not so kind to myself, being a super nerd, there's not too many I don't have an affinity for. Thus, I can only thank some higher power that the X-Men never tickled my fancy...or I'd be in big trouble.
Yeah I try to stick to the ones I truly love, otherwise it would get out of hand...not that my list of statues is short [emoji38] The statues i'd love to own but I doubt anyone would make them in 1/4 would be Moon Knight, Dark Hawk, Simon Dark and Cassandra Cain Batgirl. I don't even know where I'd put them but Id have to buy them.

Yeah I try to stick to the ones I truly love, otherwise it would get out of hand...not that my list of statues is short [emoji38] The statues i'd love to own but I doubt anyone would make them in 1/4 would be Moon Knight, Dark Hawk, Simon Dark and Cassandra Cain Batgirl. I don't even know where I'd put them but Id have to buy them.

Moon Knight is on my list too. I'm also all in for Kang, Son of Satan/Hellstrom and Morbius. I will also throw money at the company (person) who does a Howard the Duck.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm a HUGE X-fan. Especially of the Byrne era X-MEN. Unfortunately, that era has been practically ignored by SSC in PF form. No Phoenix, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, or Colossus PFs from that era. If they ever made them, I'd be in for all of them.

I was totally going to go with the modern mask when I originally saw pics for this. However, after seeing pics here, I already know I'm going to go with the classic mask.

I'm definitely going for the classic, especially already having the original PF...whenever I get it. Sideshow seems to have phantom shipped it yesterday, so being on the East Coast, I may now have to wait until Monday...

Back