Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom takes off his mask periodically, like the last issue of secret wars

someones wait list might get converted soon. i might cancel my exclusive for this. i have til friday to decide (that's when i get charged fully). i dunno. i'm not totally sold on this piece.

I don't mind the base tbh but I understand why people would want something different. Whoever mentioned an infinity gauntlet or cosmic cube custom are onto something. I would gladly pay for one or both if available.

Doom takes off his mask periodically, like the last issue of secret wars

So 1 issue published in 2015 makes for a compelling portrait? Not bagging on you, I just don't see it...not to mention it shouldn't have happened anyway, but Hickman.

It's actually the 3rd time his face has been shown....I believe.

Scan-41-e1433352528222-600x409.jpeg

FF278pg8.jpg

kirbydoom.jpg

Sideshow did a LSB of him unmasked in 2006....

2938_press01-001.jpg

I am still working on my Doom wiring for that perfect pose before he goes in a Besta...work in progress but here's my 941/1500. Can't stop looking at it, overly happy to have this in my collection!

doom.jpg

I'm aware of all this, but even just read that first instance. I'm just saying it makes no sense to me. People can want anything they want, and I'm making no judgement on their desires. I just don't want it.

I am still working on my Doom wiring for that perfect pose before he goes in a Besta...work in progress but here's my 941/1500. Can't stop looking at it, overly happy to have this in my collection!

View attachment 200542

I now have more time to think about mine since my fears were realized. Sideshow didn't actually ship mine on Tuesday night, so I have to wait until Monday!

I now have more time to think about mine since my fears were realized. Sideshow didn't actually ship mine on Tuesday night, so I have to wait until Monday!

Same with mine, but it wasn't Sideshow's fault, UPS didn't process Doom until Tuesday, even though they picked him up on Monday, so now I have to wait until Monday for him while I get the rest of my stuff on Friday.

Same with mine, but it wasn't Sideshow's fault, UPS didn't process Doom until Tuesday, even though they picked him up on Monday, so now I have to wait until Monday for him while I get the rest of my stuff on Friday.

Same for me. I had three orders processed on Monday and the other two shipped out Monday night and Doom shipped out yesterday so he won't be here until next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, sounds like we are in the same boat. Oh, well. Patience is a virtue, they say...

Same for me. I had three orders processed on Monday and the other two shipped out Monday night and Doom shipped out yesterday so he won't be here until next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, sounds like we are in the same boat. Oh, well. Patience is a virtue, they say...

Yep, just sucks knowing you were so close to getting him this week. But oh well.

I'm aware of all this, but even just read that first instance. I'm just saying it makes no sense to me. People can want anything they want, and I'm making no judgement on their desires. I just don't want it.

I can see your side of it, the mask is Dr. Doom's signature. It's like the soon to be released Thor PF Ex. It comes with a sword but there no way I would display it without the hammer. However the Doom reveals are considered huge events in the Marvel Universe. It's nice that SSC added this feature, but like you i'm not sure I would display him unmasked.

I don't really cancel my orders anymore. It's actually cheaper for me, on most SSC items to get the item in hand and see if I truly like it or not and just send it back, rather than loose my NRD. From my location the NRD is a bigger loss than the return shipping. I also made myself a rule on collecting that I have to follow the character or don't buy it since there's just too much stuff to collect nowadays. This statue is pretty nostalgic for me though. I really think this statue shines in hand versus photo justice. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Last edited:
Back