Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The pictures of Doom are deceiving. His cape is HUGE in real life. Challenging to work with too. Just got him tonight. Base arrived with a crack in it, will contact Sideshow. Did anyone else's peg on the foot arrive slightly bent? At first he wouldn't go in right,but eventually he did.

e73b8d1b32dcae4b9989069cac024b5c.jpg

Camera phone isn't the best, but Doom is finally here!

Looks great, all. Still not really sure that I like this one. I think after the epicness of the first one, it's hard for me, personally, to enjoy this. That's not to say it shouldn't be enjoyed. It's just my own personal opinion.

I received mine last night. I have a lot to say about this statue (deep breath). I can understand why people complain about having to pose the cape, out of the box it is a little tuff to pose precisely however just this morning I fussed with it again and the cape is much easier to manipulate now the fabric has "dropped". I love being able get it exactly how I want it but it does require patience and effort to get it just right. The body looks fantastic and the change out heads are a nice option. I have the EX and the hand with the gun is a nice little touch nothing to crazy. While I think this statue is awesome there are some negatives. The arm and head are held in place by magnets and to say they are weak might be an understatement. If I moved mine at all the head was liable to fall off, if the cape pushed against the arm while posing the arm would come off. I was extremely lucky that someone on the forum mentioned rare earth magnets and a link. I actually ordered them and they arrived yesterday about an hour after the statue was delivered. I popped 1 in the neck and 1 in the arm and now they hold super snug. The cape chain is something that I think could of been improved, even if it was something as simple as the pegs were coming out of the body and not the cape chain itself as with this the cape chain wouldn't pop off when manipulating the cape. During assembly this tried my patience over and over. The EX arm on mine is not exactly the same color as the other arm but I would have probably never noticed until someone pointed it out in pics on here. Overall I think this statue is great it has an amazing shelf presence and it to me shows off Dr. Doom. I am happy to have gotten this into my collection and I am already looking into a few things to bring it to another level. I already started operation Doom (custom F4 stuff for this statue) last week I am really excited for that to be completed. Hope you enjoyed the read

I received mine last night. I have a lot to say about this statue (deep breath). I can understand why people complain about having to pose the cape, out of the box it is a little tuff to pose precisely however just this morning I fussed with it again and the cape is much easier to manipulate now the fabric has "dropped". I love being able get it exactly how I want it but it does require patience and effort to get it just right. The body looks fantastic and the change out heads are a nice option. I have the EX and the hand with the gun is a nice little touch nothing to crazy. While I think this statue is awesome there are some negatives. The arm and head are held in place by magnets and to say they are weak might be an understatement. If I moved mine at all the head was liable to fall off, if the cape pushed against the arm while posing the arm would come off. I was extremely lucky that someone on the forum mentioned rare earth magnets and a link. I actually ordered them and they arrived yesterday about an hour after the statue was delivered. I popped 1 in the neck and 1 in the arm and now they hold super snug. The cape chain is something that I think could of been improved, even if it was something as simple as the pegs were coming out of the body and not the cape chain itself as with this the cape chain wouldn't pop off when manipulating the cape. During assembly this tried my patience over and over. The EX arm on mine is not exactly the same color as the other arm but I would have probably never noticed until someone pointed it out in pics on here. Overall I think this statue is great it has an amazing shelf presence and it to me shows off Dr. Doom. I am happy to have gotten this into my collection and I am already looking into a few things to bring it to another level. I already started operation Doom (custom F4 stuff for this statue) last week I am really excited for that to be completed. Hope you enjoyed the read

Yeah, I agree with you. This piece requires some patience and effort to get it looking like you want. But man, once you're done and set him on your display shelf, he looks all kinds of AWESOME. Can't wait to see what custom options you come up with. Honestly, the ONLY thing that bugs me about the piece is the base. That definitely could have been better. As far as Doom himself is concerned, I think he came out great. Keep us posted on your custom changes.

Yeah, I agree with you. This piece requires some patience and effort to get it looking like you want. But man, once you're done and set him on your display shelf, he looks all kinds of AWESOME. Can't wait to see what custom options you come up with. Honestly, the ONLY thing that bugs me about the piece is the base. That definitely could have been better. As far as Doom himself is concerned, I think he came out great. Keep us posted on your custom changes.

It started with discussions about the base. I am making F4 parts to go on the base. A painted scorch for torch. Sculpting a half destroyed thing hand to cling on the side of the base and a F4 suit to either put under the foot of doom or drape over dooms hand. I really couldn't think of anything for Invisible woman but 2 of the 3 are being worked on now and how good they come out will determine me moving forward.

It started with discussions about the base. I am making F4 parts to go on the base. A painted scorch for torch. Sculpting a half destroyed thing hand to cling on the side of the base and a F4 suit to either put under the foot of doom or drape over dooms hand. I really couldn't think of anything for Invisible woman but 2 of the 3 are being worked on now and how good they come out will determine me moving forward.

Sounds cool. Let us know how it turns out.

What's the earth magnet?
They're very strong magnets. If you get thin ones you can place them inbetween the existing ones for a stronger hold.

Why SS can't just use better magnets I'll never know. Probably an extra dollar per, expensive, statue.

They're very strong magnets. If you get thin ones you can place them inbetween the existing ones for a stronger hold.

Why SS can't just use better magnets I'll never know. Probably an extra dollar per, expensive, statue.

Ah, so you have to chisel out the magnet on the statue and replace it with one of those? Do they only come in round shapes?

Ah, so you have to chisel out the magnet on the statue and replace it with one of those? Do they only come in round shapes?
Wouldn't do that personally. Buy the thinnest you can and hope it fits in the space without leaving the attached piece protruding.

Wouldn't do that personally. Buy the thinnest you can and hope it fits in the space without leaving the attached piece protruding.

Cool. Do you know which ones would be thin enough to work on this guy? Might get them in advance, and get some for my BESTA shelves since some of my doors don't close all the way, creating a gap on the sides, and I wanted to use the magnets to bring it closer that way.

Got the EX convert on Friday. Wow. So looking forward to it after seeing it in person at my LCS.

Cool. Do you know which ones would be thin enough to work on this guy? Might get them in advance, and get some for my BESTA shelves since some of my doors don't close all the way, creating a gap on the sides, and I wanted to use the magnets to bring it closer that way.

Ill take pics tomorrow and explain so you understand better

Back