Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool. Do you know which ones would be thin enough to work on this guy? Might get them in advance, and get some for my BESTA shelves since some of my doors don't close all the way, creating a gap on the sides, and I wanted to use the magnets to bring it closer that way.

The rare earth magnets I got were 1/4"x1/32" and 1/2"x1/32". You don't have to chisel anything out and you can look in the pics for yourself if they make the attached pieces protrude. There is a before and after on the arm connection. The smaller magnets are for attachments and the bigger one for heads and heavier stuff. The last pic is with doom and both magnets attached. Definitely provides a more stable and secure hold

DSC_0282.jpgDSC_0283.jpgDSC_0286.jpgDSC_0287.jpgDSC_0284.jpgDSC_0285.jpgDSC_0281.jpg

Looks great, all. Still not really sure that I like this one. I think after the epicness of the first one, it's hard for me, personally, to enjoy this. That's not to say it shouldn't be enjoyed. It's just my own personal opinion.

I agree with you Buffy. This is a good but the first one that was majestic. I don't think I'd ever let that one go. I do wish that this had gone the Secret Wars Doom variant. I really like that one and we'll probably never get a PF of it.

costumepose_Dr_Doom_God_Emperor.jpg

Saw this today at Midtown comics. I must say I was disappointed with the so much fabric. It covers up so much. The sculpt is so, so imo. Not worth the high price and so glad I passed. Kind of seem dated should have been released 5 years ago. I would have liked it a lot more back then. But again if this was 300.00 I wouldn't complain at all and just buy it now.

Saw this today at Midtown comics. I must say I was disappointed with the so much fabric. It covers up so much. The sculpt is so, so imo. Not worth the high price and so glad I passed.

If the sculpt isn't that great wouldn't the fact that there is more fabric be good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the sculpt isn't that great wouldn't the fact that there is more fabric be good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a bit of the disappointment for me. The fabric was too much. I know he's supposed to have a lot. Maybe it was just the material. If this was fully sculpted I think it would work.

Saw this today at Midtown comics. I must say I was disappointed with the so much fabric. It covers up so much. The sculpt is so, so imo. Not worth the high price and so glad I passed. Kind of seem dated should have been released 5 years ago. I would have liked it a lot more back then. But again if this was 300.00 I wouldn't complain at all and just buy it now.

IMG_3352_0538_zpskm54pie7.jpg

Are you still disappointed??

I just don't get the negative feedback about this guy. There are so many different ways to pose it differently, and if you don't know how then it's your fault, not the statue.

It's an AWESOME piece!!!!

IMG_3352_0538_zpskm54pie7.jpg

Are you still disappointed??

I just don't get the negative feedback about this guy. There are so many different ways to pose it differently, and if you don't know how then it's your fault, not the statue.

It's an AWESOME piece!!!!

Don't pay any attention to CBG. By now, it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about. He says the sculpt sucks and he doesn't like it BUT if it cost $80 less he would have jumped on it. The dude doesn't have a clue. Great pic by the way. I love my Doom PF as well. It's an AWESOME looking piece.

Don't pay any attention to CBG. By now, it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about. He says the sculpt sucks and he doesn't like it BUT if it cost $80 less he would have jumped on it. The dude doesn't have a clue. Great pic by the way. I love my Doom PF as well. It's an AWESOME looking piece.

Thanks bro!!!
It's an amazing piece, and the pose is so Dr. Doom. LOVE IT!!!

:lol bilips!

Ski :rock

Mine should be here Friday Im so goshdarn excited.

Mine should be here Friday Im so goshdarn excited.

You should be. He's a great looking PF and once you get done futzing with him to get him looking how you want, he's gonna look great in your collection.

I got mine 2 weeks ago but literally in the middle of some house renos and baby prep I havent had a chance to unbox it and find it's home on my shelves :(

By this weekend for sure!

You should be. He's a great looking PF and once you get done futzing with him to get him looking how you want, he's gonna look great in your collection.

I'm stoked. This is my second villain PF. I'm going to have him facing off with Thing!

They are gonna look great together. Right now, I have Doom displayed with Red Skull.

My Doom is going next to Red Skull as well. And I have the Bullseye comiquette that looks okay next to em (yes, I actually like the Bullseye comiquette).

Back