Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cant wait till Tuesday. It will be a bitter sweet day for sure.

Losing the daylight -- tough to get good focus, but:

Gandalf7.jpg

Gandalf6.jpg

Gandalf9.jpg

Beautiful Pics Guys!

Gandalf is deep in thought in your pics Gruff, I like it!

I've never seen a SSC 1/6 look this good in pics. Whenever I see the first batch of in-hand shots of something I've got on the way I have to remind myself how much better they (usually) look in person. This thing looks AMAZING.

G's hat actually looks like its made of cloth in your pics. Excellent detail being shown off in your pics. Thanks for posting. They're the best we've seen yet! :rock

Just got him -- bad light - quick out of box pics (nothing like Gruff's)

Gandalf1.jpg

Face looks great though -- maybe a bit pink:

Gandalf0.jpg

Gandalf3.jpg

Last edited:

More:

Gandalf4.jpg

Gandalf5.jpg

Gandalf6.jpg

Gandalf7.jpg

The figure is indeed pretty amazing.

The exclusive book is awesome. His walking stick has a removable pipe in case anyone forgot. My pipe got a bit crooked in there but a little heat should fix it.

The clothing looks terrific at first glance. Love the pattern on his pant cuffs. I haven't futzed him yet, that will have to wait until Monday, but the robe, cloak, everything looks great so far.

The sculpt is really nice -- HT style -- and the beard and hair in the back have so much texture to it. Outstanding. I can see the wrinkles and cracks in McKellen's face just fine. The only nit, maybe, is that the hairline is so perfect and even it looks painted. But that really only plays in extreme close-up photography.

And it's odd -- in certain light, his eyes seem to look off to the side, while in other light they look centered. Very weird effect, I've never seen it before on a figure. Must be because they are somewhat recessed. But it's very cool.

Last edited:

Gandalf8.jpg

Gandalf9.jpg

Gandalf10.jpg

Gandalf11.jpg

Gandalf12.jpg

Gandalf133.jpg

Gandalf14.jpg

The warm light helps bring out the detail as well as balance the pink out of the sculpt. As you can see, no one should have any problems with this sculpt. One of SS's best.

Gandalf8.jpg

Gandalf14.jpg

The warm light helps bring out the detail as well as balance the pink out of the sculpt. As you can see, no one should have any problems with this sculpt. One of SS's best.

W O W !

Absolutely beautiful shots, Wor-Gar! He looks great. It's gonna be a long week waiting for me...but what a great looking figure!

For those that have him in hand, is his beard soft enough to get a decent amount of movement out of his head?

Sideshow has outdone themselves with this guy! Beautiful! Such a shame he hasn't sold out and is still available on second chance. You'd think that even those who don't collect the entire Lotr line would surely buy a Gandalf as a great stand alone.

Thank goodness they made this one before the line ended.

It seems to me as if he's about to start crying...not too sold on the melancholic look. Gandalf is a very self-confident character and as such he should have been portrayed

Back