Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friday for me! (And Sam on weds!)
Keep those amazing shots coming, folks!

When's yours arrive Sean?

Wednesday, barring any delays from UPS.

It's amazing how the Seniors are SS best figures this year!! Ben and Gandalf!!!

Actually, Ben was 2007, but you can easily say the Palpatine 2-pack and Gandalf are the best of 2008 :)

Seeing pics of the whole gang it just makes it so clear how sad it is that the line is dead.
Oh well, hopefully Gandalf will be here soon.

DSC06962.jpg

I love this pic.

And that custom One Ring Frodo has looks pretty sweet! :D

Actually, Ben was 2007, but you can easily say the Palpatine 2-pack and Gandalf are the best of 2008 :)

You're right!! :duh
Yep, Palps is also one of SS best this year!!

I love this pic.

And that custom One Ring Frodo has looks pretty sweet! :D

Thanks dude!
Yep, your rings are awesome!!!
hey, you don't secretly casted one for you to rule them all now, did you??

:ogat

You're right!! :duh
Yep, Palps is also one of SS best this year!!

They really do excel with older men. I'm sure the sculptors would probably chim in that the older faces have more character and makes things more interesting for them.

I really wanted to see Theoden and Saruman in this line just because they're older and the potential was there.

I think with more detail in the faces it allows the painters to produce better end-products. Young faces are so smooth that a lot of times the paintwork is very flat looking... not so with Old Ben, Palps or Gandalf.

Sideshow has hit a new level with Gandalf. He is truly a work of art. Here's a quick pic with the little ones.

P1040617.jpg

holy crap!! i love that picture with the hobbits. cant wait for this guy. i may call in sick so i can stay home and play with him (i mean pose him:eek:).

Mine will be here sometime this week. I was on the waitlist btw.

I suppose i'm going to have to break down and get Sam soon. (seeing BOTH hobbits with GTG)

I suppose i'm going to have to break down and get Sam soon. (seeing BOTH hobbits with GTG)

Yes you should! Everyone should get the Hobbitses!!

I'm thinking about using my giftcards and getting another set, hopefully for Merry and Pippin if someone makes some new heads!

You need to buy 4 total Ween!

Merry
Pippin
Gimli
Gollum-after stripping down Frodo:)monkey3) that would be an ok base body for Gollum with the right paint and HS.I posed it crouching over and knees bent and it looked perfect!

Sideshow has hit a new level with Gandalf. He is truly a work of art. Here's a quick pic with the little ones.

P1040617.jpg

This picture totally sold me on getting the Hobbits. Missed out on the 15% discount from cornerstore comics, but still got them for a great great price at $52 each.

Thanks all. Can't wait to get these now!!!

The hobbits are great! I'm tempted to buy some more and make a custom Merry and Pippin...

And don't forget that they also make great "crack of doom" versions with relatively little work.

frodo_sam_COD4.jpg

After see your customs over one hundred times I nver even noticed Frodo's stump! Very cool!:cool:

Hobbits are killer! Don't understand how they're not sold out with the quality of the HS, bodies, and tailoring. (frickin shame)

You need to buy 4 total Ween!

Merry
Pippin
Gimli
Gollum-after stripping down Frodo:)monkey3) that would be an ok base body for Gollum with the right paint and HS.I posed it crouching over and knees bent and it looked perfect!

I have a ToyBiz Gimli and I'm not concerned about Gollum as much since he wasn't in the fellowship. I know I can knock off Merry and Pippin's clothing alright. It's just their heads I would need.

It ticks me off that we have to do this. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Turned out great--I hope we will get Gimli one of these days, even as an SDCC exclusive if that's what it takes.

Back