RATE/REVIEW Last Comicbook/book/printed stuff you read.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished Convergence the other day. What a waste of time. "Hey everyone, Dan Didio here, remember all of those characters that you loved so much? Well, they're back, and Jeff King's here to tell you all about it. Take it away, Jeff!" "Hi, I'm Jeff King and Convergence is a celebration of over 75 years of DC history. We know how much you loved all of the Pre-New 52 characters, so we're bringing them back...and then rewriting history so that the original 'Crisis on Infinite Earths,' and, by extension, those characters, never existed. Seriously? You guys actually think we give a ****. We just needed time to move."
Huh? Brainiac himself said they all still exist :dunno Furthermore, everything, like every universe is now canon thanks to convergence, there's no more "only the current main continuity is canon", stuff like Superman prime and All-Star Superman are now canon :lol there's no more; "uuuh you can't use Superman prime cause he's not canon" when arguing with Marvel/DBZ fans :lol

I'm getting real sick of your ****, DC. I'll give DC You a shot, but, honestly, I just want the classic versions of these characters back. Maybe it's petty, but I miss the Red Undies, and I miss the Big Red Cheese being called Captain Marvel. I don't know. I feel like perfect stuff like Convergence:Shazam and Multiversity:Thunderworld makes it that much more difficult. They keep rubbing our ****ing noses in it, and it's pissing me off.
Rubbing your noses? Jeez, it was a kindness on behalf of DC to have brought the old characters for a bit, because they should not be pandering to the fans like that, they should've just kept going Dini/Timm style without caring for fan tears and without bringing back the old continuities, the new 52 was doing fantastic, there was really no need for this event at all.

Red undies need to stay off and Shazam was still called Captain Marvel in the new 52.

Man, DC can do no good apparently :lol

Bizarro #1 - fun/10 Oh man, this is my new comfy series, really fun and cute, love Bizzaro, definitely collecting this one physically.

My new wallpaper.

DRB3ZY7.jpg

Some more cool art:

burB5uw.jpg

Bonus, SJW dbags getting rekt by DC. :lol

282fJZO.png

Death Of A Citizen - Donald Hamilton
Finished. Normally I don't like books written in the 1st person (bios are exempt), but I found this an easy read, as if Helm was recounting the story to us in a pub. The end didn't come as that much of a surprise, as I stumbled across it while reading up about the series. Still an enjoyable read though. And i'm curious to see where Helm goes from here.
I have 'The Wrecking Crew' ready, and 'The Removers' & 'The Silencers' on order.

JL #41. Don't usually review single issues of overarching stories, but there's enough substance in this to draw a bit of an opinion.

Fantastic issue, Johns is at his finest, this issue was very cinematic, the art is exquisite, Fabok's style is a mix between Jim Lee's better days and a bit of Gary Frank, but more tasteful than both.

JL_41_CVR_fnl.jpg

The story was engaging from the start, these two make sequential art grab you by the neck, they accentuate the characters' traits beautifully, Darkseid's daughter is a tough *****, I can't wait to see what this story develops into, honestly, Justice League New 52 has been fantastic from the start.

Well, since I'm already talking about singles.

New depowered Superman. Loved it, fantastic change of status quo, both action comics and Superman, I love Romita Jr's and Kuder's styles.

New Batrobot Eeeh, doesn't appeal to me yet, need to read more.

New Martian Manhunter Don't think I like the new origin, don't think I like the new costume, new 52 costume was perfect, I'll give it a chance, the issue itself wasn't bad, art was meh.

Now, on to my Marvel backlog :lol

Huh? Brainiac himself said they all still exist :dunno Furthermore, everything, like every universe is now canon thanks to convergence, there's no more "only the current main continuity is canon", stuff like Superman prime and All-Star Superman are now canon :lol there's no more; "uuuh you can't use Superman prime cause he's not canon" when arguing with Marvel/DBZ fans :lol

Rubbing your noses? Jeez, it was a kindness on behalf of DC to have brought the old characters for a bit, because they should not be pandering to the fans like that, they should've just kept going Dini/Timm style without caring for fan tears and without bringing back the old continuities, the new 52 was doing fantastic, there was really no need for this event at all.

Red undies need to stay off and Shazam was still called Captain Marvel in the new 52.

Man, DC can do no good apparently :lol

My emotions got the better of me. Also, he's called Shazam in the New 52. Also, it's just that those two books were so damned good. So good, and it caught me in a whirlwind of nostalgia. I'm one of the people who have defended the New 52, believe it or not, but I miss the DCU that I grew up with, and I feel like all of these attempts to revitalize the brand just don't have the longevity. I don't know. I will say that, even though this response is a few months late, since I pretty much always forget about this section, I was talking about the New 52, not the DC You, and, while I haven't read much of it, I've really enjoyed the DC You stuff I have read, thus far. Also, for context, the thing that set me off was Earth 2 Batman murdering a ton of the Pre-New 52 versions of the Rogue's Gallery (it was self-defense, but **** you, King!:lol), a lot of whom were from Morrison's amazing Batman & Robin series.

Even though the universe may still exist, it'd be awful hard to return to it with a gap like that. Of course, again, my emotions got the better of me, and, for a second, I forgot that we were talking about comic books.:lol No, but, I don't know. I just miss the classic versions of the characters. Even though it's not the version I grew up with, I'd like to see Batman return to the blue and greys of the '70s. Don't mind me, anyway, yeah; back to DC You. I'm enjoying Capullo and Snyder's new direction on the Batman series, I was a little adventurous, and, while I still hate the artwork and don't know whether or not I'll continue with the rest of it, I checked out the first issue of Superman, pose-Convergence, as well, as I'd heard great things about Gene Yang's writing, and, honestly, I enjoyed it. With Howard Porter coming along, I may actually start reading Superman again.

JL and JLA were both good, though, JL was amazeballs with #41. I'm really intrigued by all the new stuff coming. I definitely want to check out Max Landis' Superman book, and I'm still debating on whether or not DKIII will be worth the hefty price of admission for just the novelty of Miller's insanity (which may not even be all that crazy, with Azzarello reigning him in). That Neal Adams Superman book sounds interesting; I love the idea of Morrison doing more Multiversity and Black and White. Holy ****. I think DC actually succeeded in really getting me interested, this time around. :lol

Bizarro #1 - fun/10 Oh man, this is my new comfy series, really fun and cute, love Bizzaro, definitely collecting this one physically.

My new wallpaper.

DRB3ZY7.jpg

Some more cool art:

burB5uw.jpg

Bonus, SJW dbags getting rekt by DC. :lol

282fJZO.png

Oh, man. I loved Bizarro. I'm an issue or two behind, but, yeah, hilarious and fun; the artwork is quirky and unique, and Bizarro is just a lovable lug. Also: Colin the Chupacabra. I'll simply say: "yes."

back to DC You. I'm enjoying Capullo and Snyder's new direction on the Batman series, I was a little adventurous, and, while I still hate the artwork and don't know whether or not I'll continue with the rest of it, I checked out the first issue of Superman, pose-Convergence, as well, as I'd heard great things about Gene Yang's writing, and, honestly, I enjoyed it. With Howard Porter coming along, I may actually start reading Superman again.

JL and JLA were both good, though, JL was amazeballs with #41. I'm really intrigued by all the new stuff coming. I definitely want to check out Max Landis' Superman book, and I'm still debating on whether or not DKIII will be worth the hefty price of admission for just the novelty of Miller's insanity (which may not even be all that crazy, with Azzarello reigning him in). That Neal Adams Superman book sounds interesting; I love the idea of Morrison doing more Multiversity and Black and White. Holy ****. I think DC actually succeeded in really getting me interested, this time around. :lol

I actually don't quite feel the new BatJim, I'm just not interested in seeing anyone else as Batman, I never cared for anyone other than Bruce being Batman, on the other hand I am loving DCYou Superman.

-Golden Age powers
-Awesome design with 1941 S logo
-Best characterization probably since the 90's or at least the closest to the original Superman since I can remember

But honestly, other than the 1st few issues of New 52 Superman, both Action Comics and Superman have been great since the start of the new 52, the same for all the other major character series.

The Master Race sounds interesting, it could possibly be Miller's last work, have you seen the state the poor guy's in?

DC is currently considered better than Marvel and consistently releasing very good reads, yet all progressive all SJW Marvel with their ****** writing is out selling DC, it's ****ing sad.

Oh, man. I loved Bizarro. I'm an issue or two behind, but, yeah, hilarious and fun; the artwork is quirky and unique, and Bizarro is just a lovable lug. Also: Colin the Chupacabra. I'll simply say: "yes."

You said it :lol I still haven't read #3 but I'm loving it.

If you want to see the best version of Bizarro imo, read Forever Evil, if you haven't already, guaranteed to catch feels.

I actually don't quite feel the new BatJim, I'm just not interested in seeing anyone else as Batman, I never cared for anyone other than Bruce being Batman, on the other hand I am loving DCYou Superman.

-Golden Age powers
-Awesome design with 1941 S logo
-Best characterization probably since the 90's or at least the closest to the original Superman since I can remember

But honestly, other than the 1st few issues of New 52 Superman, both Action Comics and Superman have been great since the start of the new 52, the same for all the other major character series.

The Master Race sounds interesting, it could possibly be Miller's last work, have you seen the state the poor guy's in?

DC is currently considered better than Marvel and consistently releasing very good reads, yet all progressive all SJW Marvel with their ****** writing is out selling DC, it's ****ing sad.

You said it :lol I still haven't read #3 but I'm loving it.

If you want to see the best version of Bizarro imo, read Forever Evil, if you haven't already, guaranteed to catch feels.

Oh. I read Forever Evil. That was a fantastic iteration of the character. A fiercely loyal Frankenstein's Monster with all the power of Superman. The beauty of it is that, ironically, it seemed like they humanized Luthor through his interactions with good ol' B-Zero.

As for Miller, yeah, I've seen him; it's rough, that's for sure. Part of it is that the Collector's Editions sound appealing, but, I still don't want to pay $12 a pop. Plus, I've never actually read TDKSA; so, what I might do is wait it out and see if, maybe, they release a new edition of the Absolute DK from years ago with DKIII in there. Also, Batman: Europa's finally happening, so, maybe, there's still hope that Jim Lee can actually move his ass and finish the tale of the Goddamn Batman that, according to him, Miller's been done with for years.

I can't stand the new Batman mech. The entire book has lost the "Batman" feel.

It's a little too early for me to tell, personally. I don't know about you guys, but I've only read Batman #41, and I liked it and Snyder and Capullo enough to see where it goes, but I still don't think I've read enough to be able to form an opinion on it, either way. I collect Detective, too, and I haven't read any of those post-Convergence, yet.

Last edited:
I picked up Volume 1 of both Harley Quinn and Grayson on that Batman Day Digital Sale (since they were literally the price of a regular comic), and I feel that I've made a grave mistake. Loved 'em both...which means that, now, I want to go back and buy them all.:lol

Nailbiter vol 3: 9/10 - I am loving this series, if anyone is into horror/mystery books check this one out.

I had been reading They're Not Like Us from Image every month, cause I heard good things about it, but could barely keep the characters or plot straight.

Yesterday I sat down and re-read 1-12 in one sitting. It was awful. The dialogue is stiff and unnatural, there really is no plot to speak of, and all the characters are drawn so similarly it's a chore to tell them apart. None of them have any personality either.

I don't get why this book gets good ratings. It's horribly written. The writer, Eric Stephenson, is the publisher of Image. Did he finally think after reading comics he had what it takes to write them too? I don't know if he's done anything else but his writing here is painfully amateurish.

I wanted to like this book cause the art looked really fresh, but in the end, it's a mess. I won't be reading any more issues.

I'll second Nailbiter. Consistently awesome stuff! I picked up the deluxe hardcover vol. 1 a few weeks ago.
Joshua Williamson is one of my new favorite writers and I'm curious to see what he does with The Flash this summer.

I've always wanted to read that ^ because of the art, I absolutely love Ribic, probably my favorite or second favorite Thor artist.

So if you're reading it that means it's good right?

Back