RATE/REVIEW Last Comicbook/book/printed stuff you read.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor: God of Thunder. Gorr saga - 10/10 Dear Thor I've read this book 4 times this year, I can't believe how much I love this run, my favorite Thor run, everything about it is ideal for Thor, the pencils and coloring make it difficult to go back to an era without Ribic and Svorcina, and Jason Aaron truly understands that Thor is a god, too bad he's currently trying to make the best out of the Lady Thor run. Best Marvel book since Marvel Now started, that's for damn sure.

4007854-4160931816-tumbl.jpg

It's been good, but I'd still say Walt Simonson's run is the best Thor has ever been. I'm so glad I bought my copy of the omnibus before the prices went crazy.

Rage Of Ultron (Marvel Original Graphic Novel) - 8/10

Great graphic novel-length one-off by Remender and Opena - only things that let it down are some occasionally sloppy pages of fill-in art and Remender being forced to use the current Avengers lineup for some parts of the story. The flashback to the old team with Beast, Iron Man, Giant-Man, etc really hammers home how ill-conceived and lightweight some of the new characters they're putting front-and-center are (the notable exception being Falcon Cap, who's great in this).

Really though, it's a character study of Hank Pym and his turbulent relationship with AI - and the creature he regards as his son, Ultron.

To be brutally honest, I think this story - and its ending - are going to stay rattling around in my head much longer than the forthcoming movie version. Really amazing comic, didn't think Marvel still had it in them.

Overall I really like All-New X-Men. There are some genuinely funny moments in it. The writing is really well done--I thought I was going to hate the addition of the original X-Men in the current time but Marvel has done a great job with them.

I like it. I'm up to the Trial of Jean Grey

Quite fond of it too. Although I am worried after reading the synopsis on volumes 6 and 7. New characters, crossovers, dimension-hopping and whatnot. The line might end for me after volume 5.

Marvel has been making them crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy quite a bit but I like seeing the two teams together. The dimension-hopping with the Ultimate universe was ok but not great.

Black Widow (2014) - 7/10 solid intro to this, going to keep reading before I lose my Marvel Unlimted.

Superior Spider-Man 33 - 8/10 Still not a huge fan of Otto as Spidey, but I think this was a pretty good intro to the Spider-Verse!

Finished (what's available on MU)

Hawkeye (2012): 9/10

Very jumpy at time with organization and story, but a fun read for sure. Loved the artwork and Clint was quite hilarious at time. Especially his relationship with Kate, overall a fun reading.

Spider-Verse: 7.5/10

Nice seeing a variety of characters, but way too over forced on some like Lady Spider and Spider Ben. While others like Assassin Spider-Man are badass! :rock

Deadpool(2012): 8.75/10

Up to issue 5, and while I have never really read a DP comic, this is just too funny. Need to read some older ones especially essential story based ones.

He-Man Eternity War #5 - 8/10 So good.

Black Science #1-13 - 9/10 Like this series a lot. I just think it moves too fast. Wish they would stay in each dimension longer allowing the characters to explore more instead of staying huddled around the Pillar.

Ant Man #1-#5

Gladiator Hulk

Civil War

In the middle of finishing DC's Blackest Night

I finished Convergence the other day. What a waste of time. "Hey everyone, Dan Didio here, remember all of those characters that you loved so much? Well, they're back, and Jeff King's here to tell you all about it. Take it away, Jeff!" "Hi, I'm Jeff King and Convergence is a celebration of over 75 years of DC history. We know how much you loved all of the Pre-New 52 characters, so we're bringing them back...and then rewriting history so that the original 'Crisis on Infinite Earths,' and, by extension, those characters, never existed. Seriously? You guys actually think we give a ****. We just needed time to move."

I'm getting real sick of your ****, DC. I'll give DC You a shot, but, honestly, I just want the classic versions of these characters back. Maybe it's petty, but I miss the Red Undies, and I miss the Big Red Cheese being called Captain Marvel. I don't know. I feel like perfect stuff like Convergence:Shazam and Multiversity:Thunderworld makes it that much more difficult. They keep rubbing our ****ing noses in it, and it's pissing me off.

So, Batman #41. The Robo-Bat/Bunny-Man/Bat-Chappie debuts and in all honesty, I'm really liking the new direction. It tackles all the criticisms and delivers an engaging story-line that, even though we know is not gonna go longer than 10 or so issues and that Bruce will be back, is on the right track.

Capullo is great as always and surprisingly the Bat-Bot doesn't look awful but actually works pretty darn great in al of the action sequences. It's big but not bulky, different but not alienating and it just works in the general context of the story. The reasoning for why he's wearing the suit is nice and not totally left field like some might have expected.

Honestly, if you were on the fence about this go ahead and buy it. Ths might be the new "Superior Spider-Man" in terms of taking a wacky idea and actually delivering something great. I give this issue a 9/10.

Back