RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2WDTF7X.gif

I caught 'Drag Me To Hell' for the first time tonight - stupid crap predictable cheesefest / 10.

There were some funny moments, as you'd expect from a Raimi film, so at least there was that.

..& Alison Lohman; she's a cutie!! :duff

That's a pretty interesting observation, especially with the laugh. :lol

Yeah, watch the intro of the film, when Snipes is waiting for Stallone in an empty office, and he burns the whole building. The whole time he's laughing, talking, and fighting and by the end of it, he tricks Stallone's character, sending him to jail while he laughs.

Spotlight-10/10

A fantastic film that's often difficult to watch, where Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo do some of their best work. I'd really like to see last year's Birdman snub remedied, but, at any rate, yeah. It's not an easy watch, by any means, as the focus on sexual abuse in the Catholic Church leads to some pretty dark places, but it's one of the best films of the year, in my opinion, and very much a thought provoking one.

Jupiter Ascending: 5.5/10

It was so derivative of other “destiny” or “chosen one” type of sci fi fantasy. The designs were also nothing new. The “skates” that the lead guy wore looked pretty stupid in action. The plot had some unnecessarily confusing parts to it. And the action sequences were dull and uninspired chaos. It’s astounding that these are the same people who did the original Matrix. Hell, even the less than stellar Matrix sequels were better.

But I will say this: if I was a little kid, say probably 6-8 years old, I would think this movie was great.

:lol

It's more of a "50/50" than "this is pretty bad".
I'll elaborate in the TFA thread later, long day.

:lol

It's more of a "50/50" than "this is pretty bad".
I'll elaborate in the TFA thread later, long day.

From the looks of it, TFA is just a big budget fan film. It's a rehash of A New Hope and ESB. In a way, the prequels were more original, but the bad acting, over use of CGI, and poor story telling ruined something that should have been great. On paper, a story about Obi Wan and a young Anakin becoming Vader is better than anything in TFA. Some say that TFA feels like a SW film unlike the PT, but really, it only feels that way because of all the fan service, rather than making an original story that's good and it fits with the OT, which is what Lucas tried to do with the PT...but failed. JJ just made a fan film for SW fans..which is ok, but for people to call it great, is an overstatement.

From the looks of it, TFA is just a big budget fan film. It's a rehash of A New Hope and ESB. In a way, the prequels were more original, but the bad acting, over use of CGI, and poor story telling ruined something that should have been great. On paper, a story about Obi Wan and a young Anakin becoming Vader is better than anything in TFA. Some say that TFA feels like a SW film unlike the PT, but really, it only feels that way because of all the fan service, rather than making an original story that's good and it fits with the OT, which is what Lucas tried to do with the PT...but failed. JJ just made a fan film for SW fans..which is ok, but for people to call it great, is an overstatement.

This seems to be the common argument from reviews I read about it that didn't have a nosebleed from excitement from seeing it. A rehash of old formulas? Yes, but at least it wasn't bad for the people that really looked forward to it. Not defending it, I couldn't care either way.

And you're absolutely right, on paper, the PT was a brilliant idea... and that was as far as it went.

TL:dr version of my opinion would be...
"It was a great film that got buried under needless fanservice and poor directing.
Not bad enough to bash, not good enough to like.
"

This seems to be the common argument from reviews I read about it that didn't have a nosebleed from excitement from seeing it. A rehash of old formulas? Yes, but at least it wasn't bad for the people that really looked forward to it. Not defending it, I couldn't care either way.

And you're absolutely right, on paper, the PT was a brilliant idea... and that was as far as it went.

Weirdest sense of deja vu reading these

Last edited:
Back