RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Birdman: 10/10

This was fantastic! Totally unique, story was very rich, acting was superb, editing was amazing... I can go on and on and on. Don't read too much about the movie, just see it as you will enjoy the experience so much more.

Captain America: The First Avenger

Never been a Cap fan, and saw this for the first time. It was entertaining and kept me hooked all the way trough. Really well done and trumps over Man of Steel, which is a shame since I'm a huge Superman fan. :lol

I'd love to see the sequel when I can!

3.5/5

Birdman: 10/10

This was fantastic! Totally unique, story was very rich, acting was superb, editing was amazing... I can go on and on and on. Don't read too much about the movie, just see it as you will enjoy the experience so much more.

It's really more of an experience than a movie. Keaton really deserved that Oscar.

The Raid: Redemption - 4/5

An Indonesian martial arts film with a rather simplistic plot, but brutal fight choreography. The setting and the storyline reminded me a lot of Dredd.

I liked the main hero theme.

That just hurts my ears.

I like the melody but why did they equalize it with the butt?

:lol

Not to mention the actual theme is like 40 seconds long.
Everything about that film is lazy and messy.

This is the only Spiderman theme I ever liked, from the only Nickelback song I ever liked, from the only Spiderman movie series I ever liked.... :monkey1

I remember when Nickelback used to be insanely popular, back in the early to mid 00's. Wonder why everyone hates them now. I like some of those early 00 songs.

Thor: The Dark World.

Like most Marvel movies, it's good, harmless fun and a great way to kill some time. That scene with Thor and the main baddie sliding off the tower panes had me in stitches. :rotfl

3/5.

Noroi - 7/10 Yep, Japanese are also better at found footage.
Kourei - 6/10 I hate it when protagonists turn out to be unlikable dbags.
Kyua - 8/10

Rocky III - 7/10

I thought the Hulk Hogan ''Thunderlips'' part was a bit on the silly side but it got better after that. Rocky and Apollo's training outfits are now hilarious but I don't hold that against the film. The ending elicits a big grin.

Almost don't want to watch IV because I know Apollo dies.

Ok, I'll give one of these a try.

Robocop 3 - 2/10

This one one of THOSE movies, the kind everyone has because it came with the box set, but nobody likes. See also: Rocky 5, Godfather 3, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Some geniuses decided that after 2 very hard R rated movies, it would be a good idea for business if they made a PG-13 Robocop. They were wrong. They were so wrong.

What they did right:

Basil Poledouris returns to do the score. I wish I could trade him to Robocop 2 and have Leonard Rosenman do the music for this one instead, it would kick the second one up a notch.

No Peter Weller. He saves himself the embarrassment of being in this trainwreck. Too bad Nancy Allen couldn't find a way to do the same.

Great blu-ray transfer. The movie looks fantastic. Unfortunately, it's a fantastic picture of a turd.

What they did wrong:

Everything else.
PG-13, so no ultraviolence. Gun battles take place 20 feet apart, but nobody seems to get shot and the deaths that do happen are practically bloodless.

That kid. The one that can reprogram ED-209 with her school laptop and can find Robocop's tracking device. Just because kids could program a VCR better than their parents in 1992 doesn't mean this is plausible in the slightest. Compare this kid to Hob in Robocop 2 and you can see how a younger character can work in the Robocop universe. This isn't it.

No Peter Weller, it's just some ******* in a Robocop suit. At least he picked the right movie to turn down.

The pussification of Robocop. He frequently gets knocked on his ass during the fight scenes and he generally seems pretty useless throughout the movie.

The stupidity of Lewis. She doesn't wear her body armor at all in this movie. Someone asks her if whe wants it and she declines because she's "off duty". She then goes with Robocop to the part of Detroit they're currently shooting up. Sure hope nothing bad happens...

Lack of satire. The number of TV spots and news breaks are severely cut down from the first two movies. They wouldn't have saved it, but not having them really shows how far they strayed from the original.

The heavy handed anti-capitalist "Greed is bad" message. Yep, capitalism is EVIL. Now give us money and watch Robocop 3.

Wasting Frank Miller. He gets story and screenplay credit on this one.

I could go on, but I'm sure everyone reading thinks this is too long anyway. Do not seek this one out. It might be cheaper to get the set instead of buying 1 and 2 separately though. If you've already got the box set, you're stuck, but it makes a great coaster. I've never seen the TV show, but it CAN'T be any worse than this movie. At least you get one great movie and one halfway decent movie. If you like the first two, this one WILL make your head explode though. :banghead

Back