RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A SCOUTS GUIDE TO ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

A Must see give a 10 you will laugh ASS OFF and be SCARRED. :lol

The Vatican Tapes. The end was decent but wanted much more give a 3.

King Kong- 6/10 - The first hour is useless and the film has some of the best CGI I've seen, and somehow at the same time, some of the worst CGI I've ever seen :lol
I really love the original 1933 movie, but I also like the PJ film for the things it gets right.

It was obviously a labour of love project, & it shows. Good cast, epic scope, some great classic 'monster movie' moments, & I just think it's tremendously cool that PJ acquired the original stop motion Kong model which no doubt inspired him to pay tribute to the '33 film in the most respectful way he could. :)

Please elabborate
How... ? :lol

I really don't like AOD nearly as much as I did as I did as a teen.
I can't even get into it as soon as he decides to make a hand.
Why? It is what it is - a grim TV-like comedy that makes fun of old fantasy films.
This is really odd knowing your love for "Big Trouble in Little China"...

the film has some of the best CGI I've seen, and somehow at the same time, some of the worst. lol
Oh, I know what you mean. :monkey2
This film is a mess. A very enjoyable mess.

I know AOD is parodying those, I just find it dull and uninteresting. Much like with T2, I liked AOD much more as a kid than EDII... but now it's the reverse.

Terminator Genisys - 6/10 Not as terrible as I thought but a lot of miscasting and lame jokes. These movies should be a bit more serious in tone.

An enjoyable fiddle or the Miller fiddle?

hqdefault.jpg

Rocky IV - 6.5/10

Total cheesefest, silly robot thing and perhaps a bit excessive on the training montages. Still enjoyable.

Turrible rating.

My favorite Rocky flick. It came out at the right time. USA vs USSR. Has the best training montage.

The Man From UNCLE: 7/10
Pretty good. I enjoyed the light, breezy tone and snappy dialogue. I thought the action sequences were fun, and I thought Cavill was perfect in the role. I think he would do a great Roger Moore Bond, and I don’t mean that as an insult! Although I think the script was calling for someone not quite as buff as he is, because his character kept getting beaten up! And there were some awkward parts where the scene would go quiet because they were concealing a plot point that would be a “reveal” a few minutes later. It felt very forced.

But otherwise, not perfect by any means, but light and fun.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I've never seen half of the Marvel movies and have been slowly catching up over the month before I finally watch Avengers 2 later this month. I think they're good harmless fun but nothing I would call all time classics, just really well made and thoroughly entertaining dumb movies, and coming into this one knowing nothing about the critical and fan reception, I think this is the best one of the bunch.

4/5

I really love the original 1933 movie, but I also like the PJ film for the things it gets right.

It was obviously a labour of love project, & it shows. Good cast, epic scope, some great classic 'monster movie' moments, & I just think it's tremendously cool that PJ acquired the original stop motion Kong model which no doubt inspired him to pay tribute to the '33 film in the most respectful way he could. :)

Yeah, you can tell he's a fan, and I like most of it. It's the first...30...maybe 40 minutes before they get to the Island that I could go without. Once they get to the island, it's fun. One thing I'm not a fan of is Adrien Brody. He's a good actor, but I didn't like him in that role. He wasn't bad, but it was the same in Predators, I just don't buy him in those kind of roles.

Back