RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lion King (2019) - 5/10 - I think I've had enough of the live action remakes from Disney. This movie is hard to take at times since the cgi animals can't emote as easily as they did in the animated original. At times it just felt like a badly dubbed movie with voice actors halfheartedly reading script.

Yeah I watched a bit of it on Disney+ and it reminded me of movies where they just animate real animals' mouths like Babe or something. It didn't suck me in at all.

Birds Of Prey (AND THE FANTABULOUS EMANCIPATION OF ONE HARLEY QUINN) 8/10
?
?
?
So much fun, a bit sloppy, but soooo much fun. Deadpool meets John wick meets kill bill. Very high energy. Not for those looking for a big scale superhero type movie.

Birds of Prey was amazing!!! Another Hit!!! Mary Elizabeth Winstead killed it[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] 8/10, went it with no expectations and actually got blown away by ewan mcgregor and Margot the action as expected was very john wick because it was the same team that did it, there was a small nod to Cesar Romero if you have a good eye!! you?ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birds of Prey...

FUN out of 10

Owes a debt to Deadpool and Guy Ritchie films; light (albeit violent) entertainment, worth a watch on the big screen.

My Hero Academia 7.5/10.. hard to cover 25 volumes.So having read the Manga by Horikoshi it was nice to see this animated film.Like the recent Dragon Ball:Super Broly the Battle scenes are long and loud.Cool Villian and an excellent story in this.

Dr Sleep 7.95/10:

Pretty good adaption of the book, dare I say a bit better than the book for pacing and tightness.

Excellent cast and acting. Nice creepy factor.

The score was odd, as it was a clear callback to the original film, but did not fit at all with the cinematography of the first Shining. Which made the ominous themes seem to fall flat......until they got to the hotel.....then the music seemed to fit.

Damn shame they didn?t get Jack back for those scenes.....I imagine if they had it would have elevated the film to another level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched Knives Out last night. Great ensemble cast and story was really good. Nice who dunnit mystery throwback to the old Agatha Christie books and movies. I really enjoyed it. Everyone was really good in it. 9 out of 10.

I watched Knives Out last night. Great ensemble cast and story was really good. Nice who dunnit mystery throwback to the old Agatha Christie books and movies. I really enjoyed it. Everyone was really good in it. 9 out of 10.

I'm sure I'll eventually catch this one.

As for me:

Underwater (2020): 6/10

Like Bird Box another Lovecraftian horror film that didn't market itself as such. Awesome production design, claustrophobic atmosphere, score, and likable characters. Its main problem was having too much take place off screen IMO, which severely undermined what should have been a more pervasive sense of dread. Otherwise I found it to be very similar to Alien 3 in a lot of ways, right down to the shaved head heroine. Glad I caught it on the big screen before it was gone.

I haven't even heard of that one. I watched Bird Box and thought it was ok for what it was. Nothing great but not bad for a one and done viewing. I will have to look at UnderWater.

10/10

Single shot was great. And didn?t end in the typical fashion.

It?s darker than you think it is with potentially two heartbreaking endings.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Midway 7/10 - Had some pretty good actors in it. Woody H, LukeEvans, AaronEck, DennisQ, All of which did an outstanding job. The main character Ed Skrein did alright. He just isn't a big name. I get that it's hard to fit everything from Pearl Harbor that lead up to the battle of Midway in a 2 hour film and it did feel rushed. The visuals were good and I'm a huge fan of this war time period. These men were braver than I think anyone in our generation will ever know or come to realize. Hats off to them. From all the historical elements I've learned over the years it seemed like they didn't stray far from it.

Binged some movies over the last week...

21 Bridges - 6/10

Spoiler Spoiler:

Knives Out - 9/10. Really didn?t want to watch this because of Rian Johnson, but I?m glad I wasn?t fooled by that man. Overall good movie, fun cast, but Craig?s accent kind of annoyed me as I could only think of The Office and ?A Murder in Savannah.?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Guns Akimbo - 10/10. Watch this movie! Unique, fun, great action, crazy at times, comic-book-esque, some twists. Really enjoyed it. Radcliffe has had some great movies after Potter, really liked his roles and is a great actor.

Zombieland 2 - 7/10. Not as good as the first one, but nice to see the gang back together with some new characters.

Toy Story 4 - 2nd viewing. 4/10 still. GARBAGE. They Last Jedi?d the Toy Story franchise. Holy hell. Woody is now a dumb coward and turned his back on everything he stood for. This is the Cowboy that was in a moving plane and saved Jesse and is just deathly afraid now? Has to have Bo Peep do everything? Come on. Just come on. Bo is Rey and Woody is Luke. Complete disgrace.

And for that matter... Toy Story 3 - 7/10. Who gives away there child hood toys? Seriously? As much as Andy loved them, just gives them away. Andy about to give them away, Woody speaks and yells Andy. Fade to black... 15 years later you see Andy with a son/daughter... playing with his old gang of toys with them. Boom. End franchise. Or reboot it with adult Andy.

Toy Story 3 is the last Toy Story movie for me. Anything else is non-canon to me.

Or reboot it with adult Andy.

vzuti15g0kq31.jpg

Last edited:
Back