RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t watch trailers so when I watch a movie it’s seeing characters, one liners, environments for the first time.

Toy Story 4: 5/10 A story that didn’t need to be told!! Loved the first two but after the airport scene in TS2 and into TS 3 & 4 these movies started giving me anxiety. “C mom guys let’s go!! On no we’re separated there’s driving away we need to get them back. Ok good we’re all together now!! Oh no he fell, oh no he’s trapped in a bag, oh no they been taken away we have to go get them. Ok we’re together now..... oh no where he go???

Also didn’t Bo Peep break the rules in movement? All toys motions are confined to the toy that they are. But Bo Peep broke those rules as a porcelain statue can’t move

The Good Liar 5/10.. excellent acting Helen Mirren and Ian Mckellen but last 15-20min messed up the story with WTF WWII Nazi rape vengeance alt back story line.

Speaking of alternate storyline

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - ?/10

Just wasn't sure what to make of it. The reputation of Tarantino and the cast gets you to watch and keep watching till the end but ultimately I don't think there was enough of a through line in this film. The 2 mains don't even spend much time on screen together. Pitt's character goes off on his incidental-seeming detour which leads to the concluding scenes - which would be entirely incidental as far as DiCaprio's character is concerned - which incidentally is inspired by real events but incidentally it makes them play out far differently than they did in real life because...I dunno. Quirkytino.

It's enjoyable watching these actors do their thing and Tarantino is great at crafting interesting scenes but I don't think this is his finest work. Maybe I missed something.

Speaking of alternate storyline

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - ?/10

Just wasn't sure what to make of it. The reputation of Tarantino and the cast gets you to watch and keep watching till the end but ultimately I don't think there was enough of a through line in this film. The 2 mains don't even spend much time on screen together. Pitt's character goes off on his incidental-seeming detour which leads to the concluding scenes - which would be entirely incidental as far as DiCaprio's character is concerned - which incidentally is inspired by real events but incidentally it makes them play out far differently than they did in real life because...I dunno. Quirkytino.

It's enjoyable watching these actors do their thing and Tarantino is great at crafting interesting scenes but I don't think this is his finest work. Maybe I missed something.

I got to the end of the first Bruce Lee scene, got distracted and haven't yet picked up where I left off. But just thinking about that scene afterwards really irritated me, similar to how I felt about Tarantino's ridiculous Australian cameo in Django. Tarantino skirts the line between edgy and caricature a lot of the time, and it usually works - but his Bruce Lee was a goddam lazy caricature and writing off all that's wrong in that scene as symptomatic of Booth's memory doesn't wash.

I don't know if I could be bothered finishing it tbh.

Dark Water 8/10 Dupont knowingly poisoned the World and basically got away with it.As a film it's pretty good but if you don't already know the Story you should see it.

Last edited:
The Irishman - 8/10 - Good film. Entertaining if you like mob stories. Pesci is great. Deniro plays Deniro and Pacino plays Pacino. They're both entertaining for nostalgic reasons and because of the subject matter. However, both were completely miscat and the de-aging didn't work at all because they never looked young, especially their bodies and their movements. The film would have been much better with DiCaprio as Hoffa and Woody Harrelson and Frank.

The Rise of Skywalker - 4/10 and I think that might even be a little generous.

I never could have imagined that 4 years after watching TFA I couldn’t care less that the trilogy was over.

Uncut Gems 7/10 .. this aint no Gem and I have never been a fan of Adam Sandler at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if he get's some big kudos for his performance.

Uncut Gems.

Maybe about a 5 outta 10?

It's basically nothing but stress and tension and yelling for two hours.

Two things that stand out are Sandler's performance and the almost synthwave quality of the electronic music score.

This one is for film snobs only; a casual moviegoer is going to hate this and possibly get nauseous from it.

It's basically nothing but stress and tension .

I've seen this a lot and I don't get it. How can a film that causes stress and tension be bad? It means it was effective. I rarely feel anything when watching most new films. They're either predictable or entertaining on a very superficial level, but they rarely move me in any significant way. I might have to watch Uncut Gems.

I think it's the fact that people might not have expected such a visceral experience from an Adam Sandler movie.

I was impressed by the film-making, but I didn't necessarily enjoy the experience. It reminded a lot of Gaspar Noe's stuff...that frenetic pace and tension where the audience doesn't even get a chance to breathe.

It's well done but it's really not for everyone. It's especially not a light-hearted romp that you'd go see around Christmas, so I can understand why people who just wanted two hours of escapism and instead got two hours of unease would not enjoy it.

Tough Guy 3/6 , watched it mostly cuz of Chen Sing , its nothing special

Captain Sabretooth (2003 animated) 4.5/6 , based on a norwegian kiddie pirate show , anyway its better than i thought

Babe the pig 2 , 4/6.....Babe and his owner goes into the city

Bill and Ted Exc Adv , 4.5/6....lol , Napoleon :p

Back