RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

It's definitely one of the most powerful films I've seen in awhile. It's really a shame the studio didn't mount a campaign for his role. After having seen every performance this year his was by far what I thought was the best. Alas, money talks and the Weinsteins talk the loudest.

It's definitely one of the most powerful films I've seen in awhile. It's really a shame the studio didn't mount a campaign for his role. After having seen every performance this year his was by far what I thought was the best. Alas, money talks and the Weinsteins talk the loudest.

Yes incredible really, I can't confess to seeing all performances but damn they would have to be good to beat that! (he says with a Jean Dujardin avy :lol).

Battle Royale (BD) 10/10 Still sits as my 2nd favorite movie

Drive: 10/10

Holy crap was this an awesome movie! I knew it was pretty well liked, but really didn't know much about it aside from the character being a getaway driver. The film had such an interesting tone and pacing that the wife and I were hooked w/in the first few minutes.

fright night (2011) - 8.5/10

These two are next in my que on Netflix

Hero 8/10 Never seen it before, but really enjoyed it. It was absolutely gorgeous for most of the movie.

Mr. Brooks - 8.5/10
- I have a soft spot for psychotic serial killers...

Goon - 7/10
- Not much goes on & pretty lighthearted. Just a normal feel good movie about finding your place in life & hockey.

ConAir - 8/10
- Not as terrific as I thought it was when I 1st saw it years ago but still a good action flick. Cage's accent was layed on pretty thick though, which I didn't seem to mind back then.

TinTin - 8/10. This is what Indy 4 should have been. I was a bit disappointed that with a 7.1 track, it didn't have as enveloping and full of a soundstage as I expected, but the music was great, and it was an excellent watch for both myself and my kids.

TinTin - 8/10. This is what Indy 4 should have been. I was a bit disappointed that with a 7.1 track, it didn't have as enveloping and full of a soundstage as I expected, but the music was great, and it was an excellent watch for both myself and my kids.

Yeah. Tin Tin was way better than the fourth Indiana Jones movie.

8/10.

Puss and boots
Great family show with a few of those just for adults jokes that i come to expect for this type of movie.

8/10

Hugo: 7/10

I liked it. Although I LOVED the second half much much more than the first, when it essentially becomes the history of film and Melies. I loved how they recreated the filming of the Melies movies and I had such a grin on my face watching those scenes. I did question whether that much attention would be given to Melies and early films in the 1930s, when movies were only around for 30 or so years. I figured they just took some artistic license with that, and a chance for Scorsese to get his film preservation message across. And I didn't see it in 3D, but I can tell that it would have been a great experience, probably better than Avatar, judging by how the camera moved and how the shots were composed. The 3D seemed to make sense and be purposeful.

I must also comment on what an achievement I think it is for Scorsese in particular. To go from the kinds of movies he normally does to a children's movie with such intelligence and insight is very impressive. I have to commend him for also not pandering and completely dumbing down the story and characters, which I see happen too many times in movies aimed at a younger audience (like our idiot George Lucas did).

From a few weeks ago...

Puss In Boots: Graded with the children's movie curve: 7.5 / 10.

Last night I watch two movies that featured females as one of the two leads. One female character was a strong female character, one wasn't...

Game Change: 8 / 10. If even a quarter of the film is true...wow.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011 American Version): 9.5 / 10. Awesome. Fincher did the book justice, hope he finishes the trilogy. And it's no wonder why Rooney Mara got the role of Lisbeth Salander over other more well-known and established actors. Mara is Salander.

Puss in Boots 7/10

Much better than I expected and the animation/fight scenes were top notch.

Young Adult 6.5/10

This one really depends on the type of films you're into. It's an OK indie flick. The subject matter itself while entertaining is also a bit cringeworthy but that was the point and I see no reason to ever watch again.

War Horse 8/10

Really good Spielberg film. And rarely do you get to see a WWI film these days. I liked how the story revolved around the people the horse met, much like how the play was. A feel good war movie almost if that's possible.

Emerald Knights 7.5/10

Loved the animation, some pretty good stories although I wish they could have had some more interesting ones. Overall a stronger outing than Gotham Knights.

The Wild Hunt 7/10

Interesting Canadian film about LARPers and one such big event that goes bad.

UHF 7/10

I got to meet and take some pictures of Weird Al at a gallery opening in his honor a few weeks back and decided to rewatch this. I just think it's hilarious and wish he made more movies back then.

I've been away for a while so yeah... more to come hah!

Brazil- 0/10 I ____ing hated this movie. The story, the design, the acting all sucked.

I'm quoting an old post, but I just had to comment on this given that Brazil is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I loved the story, the design, the acting, the editing, the themes, the music, the sheer detail in every set... I loved that it was dripping with satire. Gilliam's thoughts on corporations, the red tape that slows us down, our need to look perfect even if it compromises our integrity, and I absolutely loved how it ended. In my mind I thought it was a happy ending, but maybe I'm twisted. (I've never seen the "love conquers all" version, and never will)
Oh, and DeNiro was awesome. Definitely not nostalgia for me. I just saw it again recently and loved it as much.

Criterion, where is my blu-ray!!

To each his own though! I've heard from people that they thought it was too long, and that it felt all over the place in terms of editing.

Last edited:

I'm quoting an old post, but I just had to comment on this given that Brazil is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I loved the story, the design, the acting, the editing, the themes, the music, the sheer detail in every set... I loved that it was dripping with satire. Gilliam's thoughts on corporations, the red tape that slows us down, our need to look perfect even if it compromises our integrity, and I absolutely loved how it ended. In my mind I thought it was a happy ending, but maybe I'm twisted. (I've never seen the "love conquers all" version, and never will)
Oh, and DeNiro was awesome. Definitely not nostalgia for me. I just saw it again recently and loved it as much.
Criterion, where is my blu-ray!!

To each his own though! I've heard from people that they thought it was too long, and that it felt all over the place in terms of editing.
I can understand how someone would love this film, that's probably why my film professor had us watch it. Don't get me wrong the design just wasn't my cup of tea, same with the actors and story. (though DeNiro was the best part).

I watched the Director's cut
Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure if that's the "love conquers all" ending.

I can understand how someone would love this film, that's probably why my film professor had us watch it. Don't get me wrong the design just wasn't my cup of tea, same with the actors and story. (though DeNiro was the best part).

I watched the Director's cut
Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure if that's the "love conquers all" ending.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back