RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess my score is jaded since I saw it on demand, and not in the theater. Even on a TV, I did get vertigo a few times from watching it and that was one aspect that I did like. I just think the series of unrealistic extraordinary events happening over and over really made me dislike it. I didn't want a dull film, but her getting to the space station with a fire extinguisher? GTFO!! :rotfl

On a side note, I really have a hard time watching space-walk videos. I get vertigo really bad from them :lol

:lol Alfonso must've picked that gem up fom Wall-E

:lol Alfonso must've picked that gem up fom Wall-E

I imagine it COULD work, but there is no way in hell someone would be able to control it to a degree to come anywhere near the station. Did you like how Bullock's back-flips SLOWED DOWN in space? WTF :lol

Must of been metachlorians that helped with resistance :rotfl

I imagine it COULD work, but there is no way in hell someone would be able to control it to a degree to come anywhere near the station. Did you like how Bullock's back-flips SLOWED DOWN in space? WTF :lol

Must of been metachlorians that helped with resistance :rotfl

Whoa, steady on with all the hard, sensible questions Snake - the suspension of disbelief that Gravity demands is about on par with a Bond flick :lol

Whoa, steady on with all the hard, sensible questions Snake - the suspension of disbelief that Gravity demands is about on par with a Bond flick :lol

:mwaha

1PIWj9X.jpg

Little things like this would of made it more palatable for me.

What?

Ok, I've seen some nit-picking, but none of the stuff mentioned in any way detracts from the movie. Neither does watching it on a smaller screen. My main screen is only 55" and I sit a respectable 10 feet away. My sounds system is well above average and that does help, but regardless, the movie was very enjoyable and somewhat immersive in a typical living room setting.

If you don't like it, by whatever degree, that's cool, but it's kind of lame to blame it on otherwise minor suspension of disbelief issues when this movie is no more at fault/egregious than any of the stuff you see in absolutely every movie and TV show:

Cars exploding - they generally don't
Punctured propane/gas tanks exploding
Lighting liquid gasoline with a cigarette
Bullets sparking - no bullet from a hand gun will produce a spark
Hiding behind a car door for protection from a bullet - I can spit through a car door
Holding on to the hood or roof of a car - impossible at any speed except parked/zero
People getting knocked out cold with/by (name your blunt force trauma)
Empty streets during a car chase - endless road - endless runway, you get the idea here
1 to 2 hours of visible elapsed time where no one swears - what planet is this again?

The film was dizzying, and was the only thing I believe that was conveyed well. I hated Bullock in it, and the over the top, unrealistic events in it. Yes, I know all movies are unrealistic, but this film is portrayed in a serious tone and at the same time, based it's physics on a Warner Bros. cartoon. Nitpicking aside, I just thought it was a bad film.

Last edited:
Gravity - 7/10

Really enjoyed it, even though I was watching it on my television the space atmosphere was really captivating. Clooney and Bullock weren’t oscar worthy at all but they did enough to keep the movie entertaining, I didn’t mind them at all, I really didn’t think Sandra was annoying like most people have claimed.

There are some plot conveniences and some moments that require you to suspend your belief a bit, but overall the movie was moving, beautifully shot, and refreshing considering all the reboots and remakes over saturating Hollywood these days.

BUT

I do think this is one of the most overrated movies of last year, how it got nominated for all those oscars other than the technical categories is beyond me. How the hell did Sandra Bullock get nominated for this? Just proves the oscars are a joke. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I experienced it in theaters but overall I think this was an entertaining, solid movie, just far from great. I wouldn’t rank high at all on my list of best science fiction movies of all time.

Last edited:
I'm generally 50/50 on Sandra Bullock - basically take her or leave her (aka indifferent). But I thought she was great in Gravity. pturtle, very well said top to bottom.

Damn, I'm itching to see the new PotA movie - I should have taken an opportunity where I had free babysitting last week.

I'm generally 50/50 on Sandra Bullock - basically take her or leave her (aka indifferent). But I thought she was great in Gravity. pturtle, very well said top to bottom.

Damn, I'm itching to see the new PotA movie - I should have taken an opportunity where I had free babysitting last week.

I edited some stuff in, so you might not like my review as much :lol

But I did enjoy it, it’s a good movie, I just don’t feel it’s great.

I edited some stuff in, so you might not like my review as much :lol

Nope, I rated it a 7 as well. I wonder most years how movies get nominated for Academy Awards. I don't watch them because I think all awards shows are total horse *******. :clap That's an acronym, so it's fair game.

Agreed, they really are a popularity contest, and half the time it's for television ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravity - 7/10

Really enjoyed it, even though I was watching it on my television the space atmosphere was really captivating. Clooney and Bullock weren’t oscar worthy at all but they did enough to keep the movie entertaining, I didn’t mind them at all, I really didn’t think Sandra was annoying like most people have claimed.

There are some plot conveniences and some moments that require you to suspend your belief a bit, but overall the movie was moving, beautifully shot, and refreshing considering all the reboots and remakes over saturating Hollywood these days.

BUT

I do think this is one of the most overrated movies of last year, how it got nominated for all those oscars other than the technical categories is beyond me. How the hell did Sandra Bullock get nominated for this? Just proves the oscars are a joke. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I experienced it in theaters but overall I think this was an entertaining, solid movie, just far from great. I wouldn’t rank high at all on my list of best science fiction movies of all time.

I definitely agree with that. Exceedingly overrated. And I remembered hearing people saying "the best Sci-fi film since Alien" LULZ :lol

"the best Sci-fi film since Alien" LULZ :lol

Umm, definitely not. I wouldn't even classify it as science fiction even though it's obviously "science" and it's "fiction" - it's just not any part "fantasy" oriented which I include in my sci-fi definition. ;) It may be science-fact-that-hasn't-happened-yet- dramatized-for-theatrical-presentation.

Or it could be the wine talking.

Woooah, what the hell is going on? :lol

Apollo 13 is great, I won't bash it, but Gravity is better, Gravity is one of the movies with less physical and scientific inaccuracies if any, included Apollo 13, the biggest inaccuracy and it isn't physical nor mechanical was the orbit of the different space stations, that's about it.

Hair wasn't floating because she had short hair wtf? :lol
You CAN do all the things she did.

The only mechanical inaccuracy I could find was when she used the fire extinguisher, and not because of the extinguisher, but because she traveled in a straight line when she should have done so in diagonal, keeping the same horizontal momentum as the pod, other than that everything is recreated perfectly, which is way more than you can say for ANY other sci-fi movie.

If you think Gravity is too fantastic, you don't have your basic mechanics knowledge in order :lol

Cuarón did an amazing job conveying the sense of dread and hopelessness of being in a lifeless hard as **** environment like space, and Bullock acted exactly how I see a rookie astronaut acting in that same situation, when she got rocketed during the 1st debris rain and was caught in the inertia, spinning uncontrollably I felt I was going to pass out, picturing myself in that exact same situation.

And the FX and sound were mind bending.

So, people who said she was annoying, why? Really, why? Is it because a person in desperation and hyperventilating uncontrollably is annoying? Well duh! :lol

Gravity deserves all the praise it gets imo.

Last edited:
Woooah, what the hell is going on? :lol

Apollo 13 is great, I won't bash it, but Gravity is better, Gravity is one of the movies with less physical and scientific inaccuracies if any, included Apollo 13, the biggest inaccuracy and it isn't physical nor mechanical was the orbit of the different space stations, that's about it.

Hair wasn't floating because she had short hair wtf? :lol
You CAN do all the things she did.

The only mechanical inaccuracy I could find was when she used the fire extinguisher, and not because of the extinguisher, but because she traveled in a straight line when she should have done so in diagonal, keeping the same horizontal momentum as the pod, other than that everything is recreated perfectly, if you think Gravity is too fantastic, you don't have your basic mechanics knowledge in order :lol

Cuarón did an amazing job conveying the sense of dread and hopelessness of being in a lifeless hard as **** environment like space, and Bullock acted exactly how I see a rookie astronaut acting in that same situation, when she got rocketed during the 1st debris rain and was caught in the inertia, spinning uncontrollably I felt I was going to pass out, picturing myself in that exact same situation.

So, people who said she was annoying, why? Really, why? Is it because a person in desperation and hyperventilating uncontrollably is annoying? Well duh! :lol

Gravity deserves all the praise it gets imo.

I also enjoyed this more than Apollo 13, but aside from the visuals, I didn’t find much to be great. My only real beef is Sandra Bullock got another underserved nomination for this.

Back