Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
alien will always be great for its the classic.. aliens is the best tho because u got the marines the queen and multiple aliens. aliens 3 mehh dog alien is cool, alien 4.........

This was really tough for me. In the end I went with the classic ALIEN. That film was intended to scare when it was made. It was intended to horrify! Ridley Scott wanted to scare the s*** out of you! It was a true horror movie of its time. Aliens joined the ranks of horror mixed with action = hybrid sci-fi film! Which James Cameron nailed it IMO. Aliens was another instant classic. First time we saw the space marines hive of aliens and... THE QUEEN! The other two films are:blah.

I've only seen it five times. Needs to be at least ten before I can rate it with the others. :lol

...it would be above Alien Resurrection for sure, though.

AR had possibly my fave Xeno's (apart from the legs) I really like the dome heads with the fleshy bits of membrane left on it. Really like the long thick tail too. Made it look much more like a creature and streamlined than the first 2 movies

AR had possibly my fave Xeno's (apart from the legs) I really like the dome heads with the fleshy bits of membrane left on it. Really like the long thick tail too. Made it look much more like a creature and streamlined than the first 2 movies
The effects in A:R were better, yes.

The creature design in general i prefer to the Giger Alien. Not just that times had moved on and they could make the suit more practical.

I think if an Resurrection Xeno met a Giger Xeno that Giger Xeno would get battered just because in A:R the creatures are portrayed to be much more powerful, fast, agile and much more ferocious. And they still showed intellect and teamwork.

Well, i think they are probably the hardest Xeno's to hit the movie screen. Only a hand full of them got taken down before the ship self destructed.

Much more powerful? From what we saw in Alien, the alien couldn't be killed.

In A:R...they were blown to bits by guns and grenades.

Giger's was unique. The Resurrection drones were just...cookie cutter sci-fi monster.

The movements and actions of Giger's were nothing we have ever seen before. It was weird. It was original. It scared the ____ out of you.

And part of it is definitely the effects.

You need to watch the Fifield attack scene again. Stuff like that would not have worked very well in 1979.

Much more powerful? From what we saw in Alien, the alien couldn't be killed.

In A:R...they were blown to bits by guns and grenades.

Giger's was unique. The Resurrection drones were just...cookie cutter sci-fi monster.

The movements and actions of Giger's were nothing we have ever seen before. It was weird. It was original. It scared the ____ out of you.

And part of it is definitely the effects.

You need to watch the Fifield attack scene again. Stuff like that would not have worked very well in 1979.

The Alien couldn't be killed in Alien because the humans were using a beefed up cattle prod and a flamethrower. Just like in Alien3 when the convicts were using scissors! Aliens can be killed with heavy firearms rather easily if you can hit them. Regular pistols...not so much. Just remember the ventilation shaft sequence with Vasquez. Those bullets bounced off the Aliens dome. They're not invincible, but are sneaky as hell and rather deadly.

The one in Alien was blown out of the engine of the Narcissus. I imagine that was hot.
Alien is a fantastic movie. But it was pretty evident that there was no weapons for a reason. That reason being if they did have weapons the Movie would of ended much sooner. The Alien did get blasted with extreme heat... but we dont know what happened to it after that because it flew off into space and presumably died anyway. Just before it got caught in the engine Ripley used but a mere grappling gun to shoot the "invincible" creature out of the ship.

If the crew of the Nostromo were stuck in Space with a Tiger (or any other animal a human couldnt physically kill with his own hands )on the loose they would have the exact same problem. Except it probably wouldnt be able to use the air vents.

Vasquez dida number on a Xeno in face to face combat by merely using a pistol on it after pinning it to the wall with her leg... They are not immortal and unstoppable.

But back to my original point i think the much more aggressive A:R Aliens would make minced meat of the slower moving, less aggressive (less physically equipped) Giger Alien. I like that more in a creature.

Last edited:
OK. As far as creature design and aesthetic goes, Alien 3 is a superior look. I've been a big fan of Giger's work for years and will give him most credit naturally, but the creature evolved in my opinion for the better.

Alien - is a great design and I still love it but dare I say it still suffers from the 'man in a suit' look.

Aliens - Didn't change much apart from Cameron insisting on not having the transparant dome on the head (Big mistake in my opinion). He done this for practical reasons as well as liking the cockroach look without it.

Alien 3 - Just a beautiful development. I never liked the reference of the 'Dog Alien'. I just thought it look more insect like but threatening too. It moved so far away from looking human in form.

i am no alien expert, but i like the one with the clear see through skull, that looks awesome. All my alien statues have the clear see through skull.

is that a specific name for that type of alien? just big chap?

Back