Rank the Spider-Man movies.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite SM movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really like 1 and 2, but 2 just edges out 1. I think 3 was a complete steaming pile and I would like to forget I ever saw it :lol

I really never thought 3 was "horrible" like some.(i thought there was some really well done parts, and some really bad ones) And it don't matter cause as meatloaf says "2 outta 3 ain't bad". And i have high hopes and faith in Raimi for 4/5.

SM1 9/10 (my favorite superhero movie)
SM2 8/10 ( a very well done sequel)
SM3 6/10 ( coulda been better)

Man, I love that New Goblin / Parker fight in part 3. I don't begrudge anyone their Part 3 hatred, but even as a stinker it has a lot of entertainment value IMHO.

I was watching SM3 today and i never really noticed the dialogue between Harry and Pete as they were fighting at the mansion. Man, IMO that is a really good scene i like it.

I liked the Goblin JR comment, and the "gonna cry now" Bad peter is so much fun.:) Say what ya want about SM3, but it has it's moments.

Man, I love that New Goblin / Parker fight in part 3. I don't begrudge anyone their Part 3 hatred, but even as a stinker it has a lot of entertainment value IMHO.

I was watching SM3 today and i never really noticed the dialogue between Harry and Pete as they were fighting at the mansion. Man, IMO that is a really good scene i like it.

I liked the Goblin JR comment, and the "gonna cry now" Bad peter is so much fun.:) Say what ya want about SM3, but it has it's moments.

I actually just watched SM-3 on Saturday and yes, that was an awesome moment! :rock

Spiderman 2 is by far my favorite. It's where the series really hit its groove, with a streamlined story missing the fat of the origin story that took up time in part 1 or the Venom (and other) crap that was forced into part 3. I enjoyed part 1, but it also was a little hokey from time to time. 3 started out strong, but turned comically bad as it went along, in my opinion.

I'm still a strong believer that the Sandman was BY FAR the villain with the most potential out of all of the movies. I wish we could have seen more of his character.

I'm still a strong believer that the Sandman was BY FAR the villain with the most potential out of all of the movies. I wish we could have seen more of his character.
I could get behind that. Of course, all the other villains were complete psychopaths, so. . .where do you go from there? :D

But of course, we never got to see where Sandman could go, since they wrapped up his story far too neatly and too quickly, to fit in with whatever the hell happened in the 2nd half of Spiderman 3. It's like the movie fell into the Bizarro universe.

I really liked SM2 and I thought SM1 was good also, but SM3 was the one I wound up looking forward to the most. Especially after SM2 set up the whole Harry/Green Goblin bit so well. I still have the teaser poster with black Spiderman hunched over roof of the church, it's very dramatic and emotional. Sadly the film was a huge letdown for me. I remember it seemed to take forever for him to finally get into costume and there was A LOT of Peter Parker scenes. Then it made MJ into a really jealous ^^^^^ because she couldn't deal with Spidey being in the limelight. Green Goblin II needed a better costume too, after he found his father's Goblin suit at the end of 2 I couldn't believe they didn't do something similar or even use the original. On top of that was the dancing which just torpedoed the feel of the movie and didn't fit at all.

The fight scene with Symbiote Spidey and Sandman was pretty cool and I really liked how dark he got but it was so short lived. I won't really get into Venom, but god was he terrible. In the end the symbiote part really could've been spread across two films with Venom being built up at the end and then unleashed in SM4.

I could get behind that. Of course, all the other villains were complete psychopaths, so. . .where do you go from there? :D

But of course, we never got to see where Sandman could go, since they wrapped up his story far too neatly and too quickly, to fit in with whatever the hell happened in the 2nd half of Spiderman 3. It's like the movie fell into the Bizarro universe.

I would love to see him return, but I'm not quite sure how (and if) Sam would do it.

On top of that was the dancing which just torpedoed the feel of the movie and didn't fit at all.

This was one of the highlights of the film for me. I thought it showed real well at how cool peter thought he was under the influence of the symbiote. Dancing around and feeling badass to James Brown music rules IMO. And the jazz scene when Peter rips off his jacket and Gwen's hair blows back with the force of his awesomeness i will never get sick of.

"now dig on this"

dbc720a2f4c97b93a27d669d1d42292b.gif

They kept getting worse for me.
First one was pretty good, but each subsequent one they took it either way too serious, or way too goofy.

And not to go off on a Sandman tangent, but the "Birth of the Sandman" scene (the morning after the particle separator accident) was the most visually stunning scene in the entire trilogy in my opinion. I'm still in awe every time I see it.

I thought 3 increased the cheese rather too much. And the usual complaints, too many villains, harry a bad guy - harry a good guy - harry a bad guy - harry a good guy. But yes it had some great scenes, fights etc. And dammit I can't wait for my medi-spideys to arrive.

Apparently I already voted here. I presume my vote went to Spidey 2.

To me SM2 edges out SM1 by a little but SM3 was a low for the series... hope SM4 does alot better

Just got a freebie spidey 2 dvd yesterday after eating at a restaurant. Strange, but very thoughtful of them to do so.

Will watch it, along with spidey 1 + 3 and decide then.

Back