Rank the Spider-Man movies.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite SM movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You grew up watching POWER RANGERS, didn't you?

LOL i liked the GG costume in SM1 but i woulda preferred a more comic look. But it works for me... And William Dafoe :cool:

I woulda liked to seen these instead of organic webbing myself.

webshooter.jpg

webshooter-1.jpg

All they had to was throw a tatterd purple tunic on the Goblin and I think people would've been fine with the costume.

I actually pretty much hate anything thats close to the comic in terms of designs. Because most of the designs are really....goofy. There....I said it,

And no, I didnt grow up watching Power Rangers. I think I watched mabye...one episode.

While not perfect, and easy to see why people hate it, I thought the Green Goblin's movie suit was a HUGE improvement on screen over the comic version, which wouldn't make much sense. No disrespect intended, but the comic book Goblin looks like an eccentric quierdo at a Halloween pary.

Hmmmm. Looks like opinions vary on the suit here.

I think this looks neat

552D3C73C7.jpg

Last edited:
Loved 2 and 1 although 2 started getting pretty silly, almost campy. Venom sucks and could have waited another 10 films so we could get Mysterio, Rhino, Electro, Vulture, Lizard, etc.

BB

2 (Well, I think it's better than the other tWo)

1 (it goes by so fast, I feel like I need add to watch it. "In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you" pops up in the scene right after!)

3 (some good stuff, but above all was disappointing)

I thought the first one was really good with only complaint being the design of the Green Goblin costume. They needed something that showed Willam Dafoe's face better and I felt he was wasted once he had the mask on. Great actor but the mask hid all the great nuances that guy's face can muster.

Second one was my favourite one. I thought Alfred Molina was great. Everything was just right.

The third one was not so good for me. Some great parts. (I really liked Harry as the new Goblin and that story development etc) I felt the addition of Venom was too much and neither he nor Venom were given enough time to be well served by the film. With Harry in there too it was just too crowded. The Dunst singing scene and that awful dance sequence was so annoying and I got the feeling it was done to placate two bored leads. I liked it, it was a romp and what have you but just did not deliver enough.

I would rank Spider-Man 3 as being better than the first film, which I think is a pretty lackluster film all around. The second film is quite good, but it leans more towards average for me. So far, I've yet to be impressed with Raimi's Spider-Man films. They're too generic and banal for me, lacking an individual identity as a film series that I think it needs. And the films are incredibly repetitive. And I don't want to start a fanboy war here, but the series follows the first three Superman films kind of closely.

Spider-Man - Peter Parker, raised by his foster parents, his aunt and uncle, gains superpowers, witnesses his uncle's death, becomes Spider-Man and starts working for a major metropolitan newspaper.

Superman: The Movie - Kal-El is rocketed to earth from Krypton, raised by kind older couple, witnesses father's death, becomes Superman and works for a major metropolitan newspaper.

----------------------------

Spider-Man 2 - Peter loses his powers and tries to become closer to Mary Jane in the process before regaining his powers to fight the villain atop an elevated train in the middle of the city and save Mary Jane from certain death at the hands of Doc Ock at the end.

Superman II - Superman gives up his powers to be with Lois only to, in a last ditch effort, regain his powers once Zod takes control of Earth. A battle ensues in the middle of the city and Superman has to save Lois in the Fortress from certain death at the hands of Zod and his fellow Kryptonians at the end of the movie.

----------------------------

Spider-Man 3 - Peter Parker becomes infected with a weird goo substance that turns him into a smarmy jerk with anger issues. Regains himself near the end to save his Mary Jane from certain death at the hands of Sandman and Venom.

Superman III - When Superman is exposed to a mutated form of Kryptonite, it changes his personality drastically and he quickly becomes a temperamental jerk to everyone around him. Eventually regains his virtuous personality to fight the villain(s) at the end of the movie.

Y'know...just saying... ;)

The Power Ranger inspired Goblin suit is one of the worst things about the film. How they can put one of the most expressive faces on the planet behind two inches of molded plastic is beyond me. It's a cinematic crime.

Another thing i dig about the SM movies is the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHnzJn0Gm4&feature=related

I agree.

Elfman did a very good job with both 1 and 2 in the score department. I really don't see why people are always complaining saying it is basically the same as his batman score. Also Young did a very good job on the 3rd film and I really wish they would release it on cd but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Just watched 1 again and it confirms my vote. I love it! It is fantastic! It's so emotional to me on many levels. I dunno if it's the whole Ben Parker dealio and the "with great power comes great responsibility" stuff. But damn, i just love it.

And William Dafoe was perfect as Norman!

Spider-man 2 is the best, followed by Spiderman. The third one didnt really have the punch and heart as the previous two. I guess the storyline suffers due to to many baddies in it (new goblin, sandman and venom). If only they concentrate on just one.

Back