Rambo PF Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should modifications be MADE to the Rambo PF?

• Total voters
Where did I say it was "wrong" that he likes it? :huh It just surprises me is all. As soon as I saw it I figured he'd be the first one to point out that it doesn't look like Stallone.

Where did I say it was "wrong" that he likes it? :huh It just surprises me is all. As soon as I saw it I figured he'd be the first one to point out that it doesn't look like Stallone.

Well how many times can you post your discontent with this piece? You and I both know Sideshow will not change a thing. At least I don't think so. This release feels just like their T-800 PF. There were plenty of I suppose justified complaints but not a single thing was changed.

The piece ended up being really nice in the end.

Well how many times can you post your discontent with this piece? You and I both know Sideshow will not change a thing. At least I don't think so.

I heard the very same things when I pointed out the faults with Sideshow's initial 1:6 Episode III Clone helmet sculpt. Guess what? Sometimes they do actually care enough to go back and make changes. And this isn't something with design or fabrication (like T-800)... it's the HEAD SCULPT and likeness. They've tweaked those on PFs many times (Anakin, Aragorn, Dooku, etc). There is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing discontent over how the prototype looks as long as there is any hope that fixes are made. If that bothers you so much, feel free to stay out these threads or put us all on Ignore. :lol

Minor mods are needed. I think the base is rather blah and the pose could use just a bit of tweeking. Overall I think SS was on the right track.

I agree with this. Really, if they just fixed the face and likeness it would be perfectly acceptable to me. But if they don't, I'll have to cancel. It just doesn't look like Stallone as Rambo to me. At all. It looks more like Sideshow's artistic interpretation of the character. Personally, I prefer actor likenesses and screen accuracy on the $300 statues I choose to display in my collection.

I heard the very same things when I pointed out the faults with Sideshow's initial 1:6 Episode III Clone helmet sculpt. Guess what? Sometimes they do actually care enough to go back and make changes. And this isn't something with design or fabrication (like T-800)... it's the HEAD SCULPT and likeness. They've tweaked those on PFs many times (Anakin, Aragorn, Dooku, etc). There is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing discontent over how the prototype looks as long as there is any hope that fixes are made. If that bothers you so much, feel free to stay out these threads or put us all on Ignore. :lol

Who said it bothers me? :confused: You seemed very concerned that Maulfan was not on the same page as you and I said whats the big deal. No need to make baby posts when you disagree with me. Relax. I'm not even against you on the revision needs, I just truly don't believe a single change will be made to this PF. So why bother posting the exact same thing over and over again? Is that so hard to understand? No need to threaten me with "If you don't like it don't read here or put on ignore"

Jeez.

Who said it bothers me? :confused: You seemed very concerned that Maulfan was not on the same page as you and I said whats the big deal. No need to make baby posts when you disagree with me. Relax. I'm not even against you on the revision needs, I just truly don't believe a single change will be made to this PF. So why bother posting the exact same thing over and over again? Is that so hard to understand? No need to threaten me with "If you don't like it don't read here or put on ignore"

Jeez.

Dude, I'm not "concerned" with MaulFan liking it. I'm surprised. Genuinely. That's it and that's all. I've used that term to describe it each and every time. Just because I express that doesn't mean I'm losing a second of sleep over it or anything, believe me. :lol

And you don't think any changes can/will be made. That's fine. I disagree. Therefore, I will point out the faults I see in this piece until such time it's 100% clear that a) they've listened to the majority and made tweaks, or b) it is what it is. We're not there yet, so the call remains. I'm a tenacious, stubborn Irishman. Surely you've figured this out by now. Hehe.

I wasn't "threatening" with my suggestion that you can put me/us on Ignore at all. You seem to be much more bothered with those of us taking issue with this piece than vice versa. I'm just saying we're not gonna shut up until we know something for sure one way or the other and if that vexes you it might be time to consider ignoring us. I was trying to help you out, bro. :lol

Dude, I'm not "concerned" with MaulFan liking it. I'm surprised. Genuinely. That's it and that's all. I've used that term to describe it each and every time. Just because I express that doesn't mean I'm losing a second of sleep over it or anything. :lol

And you don't think any changes can/will be made. That's fine. I disagree. Therefore, I will point out the faults I see in this piece until such time it's 100% clear that a) they've listened to the majority and made tweaks, or b) it is what it is. We're not there yet, so the call remains.

I wasn't "threatening" with my suggestion that you can put me/us on Ignore at all. You seem to be much more bothered with those of us taking issue with this piece than vice versa. I'm just saying we're not gonna shut up until we know something for sure one way or the other and if that vexes you it might be time to consider ignoring us. I was trying to help you out. :lol

You don't find this piece at all similar in fashion to their T-800 release? Thats all i'm comparing this one too .......... SW's is different, its their cash cow so they have to make sure each peice is done right.

Hey man if they make changes because of your commitment to pointing out the flaws then good for you and all the power to you. Hell, thank you even. I hope so too, I like the piece, I will buy this piece regardless but if they do make improvements then of course it would be great as well.

I just believe in my heart, not a damn thing will be changed. Prove me wrong SS.

Btw why are you selling all of your Hot Toys Rambo pieces? Are they just spares?

You don't find this piece at all similar in fashion to their T-800 release? Thats all i'm comparing this one too .......... SW's is different, its their cash cow so they have to make sure each peice is done right.

Well, you're right in that RAMBO is similar to T2 as far as franchises and licensed properties go. And neither one is in the same ballpark as SW. But I think the difference here is that the #1 complaint by people over this piece (and it's an obvious, vast majority) is the head sculpt and likeness. That is a much different animal. Were that the major complaint with the T-800 PF I do believe it might have been tweaked. But Trevor's sculpt was terrific and obviously looked like Arnold, so that was never an issue. Not so here. As it stands, the likeness/head sculpt is a deal-breaker for many (even some who have orders in). The Rambo PF reminds me more of the Dooku, which had the same reaction: "That's a decent Dooku statue, but it looks nothing like Christopher Lee". If you're Sideshow and your bread-and-butter is producing licensed, high-end collectibles that actually look like their onscreen counterparts this is a legitimate concern. Actor/character likenesses should be Priority #1.

Hey man if they make changes because of your commitment to pointing out the flaws then good for you and all the power to you. Hell, thank you even. I hope so too, I like the piece, I will buy this piece regardless but if they do make improvements then of course it would be great as well. I just believe in my heart, not a damn thing will be changed. Prove me wrong SS.
:rock :rock :duff

Btw why are you selling all of your Hot Toys Rambo pieces? Are they just spares?
Yeah, I had dupes of a few for customs that I never got around to even starting. I only have one RAMBO III figure, though, and that ain't going anywhere. :lol

Yeah, I had dupes of a few for customs that I never got around to even starting. I only have one RAMBO III figure, though, and that ain't going anywhere. :lol

I hear you there, its still my favorite figure ............

2ighpjl.jpg
IMG_4522-2.jpg

There is no such thing as perfect likeness but damn this thing comes very close.

mmm.........The way in which it he supports the bullets is very sweet jajajajajajajajajajaja come on sideshow , he does not look like a brave boy !!!

:rock:rock:rock

I had put alot of money into having almost an extra of each item. I figured if I wanted to afford buying newer items i'd have to sell a few. From that pic I have 2 pieces left. Some of the earlier weaker sculpts played a part in selling too. I kept the most recent ones, Rambo III and FB V2.

Back