Rambo PF Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should modifications be MADE to the Rambo PF?

• Total voters
I agree about the face needing some work. I know people are finding issues with other things, but I think that if the likeness was better, the other issues could be forgiven by most people.

I agree about the face needing some work. I know people are finding issues with other things, but I think that if the likeness was better, the other issues could be forgiven by most people.

I 100% agree. Some more work on the face and this could be a knockout PF.

One of the things I missed is the size of the gun. I really think the gun should be bigger. I was watching the sequence where they based the sculpture on and the gun is way thicker...

my thoughts exactly! i was excited about this until i saw the face..complete turn off for me now! if the face was better..i would buy it! face needs to change!

picture.php

Here are my things...
nitpicky, but i know it can be done, otherwise, it has the same feel as Elvis and Bruce Lee. "kinda, but not really".

Skin tone
-yeah, lighting has a play to it, and i know in actual face-to-face, it would not be as suntanned, but there's also the matte vs glossy appearance. Rambo does not break a sweat look.

Machine gun
-slight differences, maybe because of the angle of the shot versus actual, but it doesn't look 100% the same, and you expect 110% from SSC.

head/chest/hair
-the PF doesn't look like it's got a full comparison to the film. maybe i'm going for more of the screen look versus real life... i dunno.

face
-PF teeth spacing is too exaggerated
-creases on forehead is excessive. screen shots did not show them
-tilt of the PF head leaning towards its left. screenshot appears a little more leaning left or even centered.
-face on PF seems to jut out more forward. maybe angle or lighting, but again...

overall, i like the statue enough to order it, but if i can note some spots, these would be the ones.

Face expression no very accurate.That picture we saw (Rambo PF) isn't a prototype,so should we expect any change at all ?

This happened before ?

Ok. I think I made it look a little better here as an example of some things I can see are wrong. Unfortunately he looks like he's worried instead off pi55ed off. I tried to make him look angry, but couldn't quite do it.

300018_press05t.jpg

Ok. I think I made it look a little better here as an example of some things I can see are wrong. Unfortunately he looks like he's worried instead off pi55ed off. I tried to make him look angry, but couldn't quite do it.

300018_press05t.jpg

Very good try. To bad there is no way to tilt the head and make the teeth a little less.

picture.php

Here are my things...
nitpicky, but i know it can be done, otherwise, it has the same feel as Elvis and Bruce Lee. "kinda, but not really".

Skin tone
-yeah, lighting has a play to it, and i know in actual face-to-face, it would not be as suntanned, but there's also the matte vs glossy appearance. Rambo does not break a sweat look.

Machine gun
-slight differences, maybe because of the angle of the shot versus actual, but it doesn't look 100% the same, and you expect 110% from SSC.

head/chest/hair
-the PF doesn't look like it's got a full comparison to the film. maybe i'm going for more of the screen look versus real life... i dunno.

face
-PF teeth spacing is too exaggerated
-creases on forehead is excessive. screen shots did not show them
-tilt of the PF head leaning towards its left. screenshot appears a little more leaning left or even centered.
-face on PF seems to jut out more forward. maybe angle or lighting, but again...

overall, i like the statue enough to order it, but if i can note some spots, these would be the ones.

Oh,wow! You really serious about the changes, huh? Good job....

I agree with what has been said.
I was looking more forward to this than most other releases! Even Star Wars releases!! ...and that is saying a LOT!

The entire dynamic of this PF is off kilter.

-The Pose is odd....he is standing too straight up. His knees should be bent more, denoting aggression and purpose. A fighting stance, if you will.

-His head is tilting in a weird manner.

-His body is more of a matte finish on the skin and he should be glistening with sweat.

-His facial expression is just a poor representation of Sly in that role. There is no beating around the bush on that. Just examine some of those comparison shots. Sideshow has more than enough talent to 'get it right'.

-The bullets laying in his hand just look cheap. It looks like a toy, not a good representation for a $300 statue (high end collectible). They should denote gravity! They should be laying more appropriately, showing that they have weight to them.

The other critiques are minor and have been mentioned. Those are the major ones for me. I also, please ask Sideshow to reexamine this piece. There are Rambo fans that have been waiting a long, long time for something like this. ....also, Sideshow does not want to lose orders on this. At this point, I am going to cancel and order the new Rambo (IV) piece when it goes on sale from HCG. That is far more accurate and to my personal liking that this SSC piece. Please Sideshow. I want to give you my hard earned money.

I don't care either way since I'm not buy it, but his mouth reminds me of the Elvis PF.

It doesn't look that bad. But it definitely could use some minor modifications.:D

His facial expression just seems so calm. Not sure what sideshow was thinking:confused:

Back