Rambo PF Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should modifications be MADE to the Rambo PF?

• Total voters
I personaly dont see Stalone in the sculpt, I'm ok with the rest of it
but the face imo is wrong. I think the hair needs to be toned down
a bit should be more flat and also less teeth.
A good likeness on a PF is everything to me and that decides if I will
by it or not.

picture.php

Here are my things...
nitpicky, but i know it can be done, otherwise, it has the same feel as Elvis and Bruce Lee. "kinda, but not really".

Skin tone
-yeah, lighting has a play to it, and i know in actual face-to-face, it would not be as suntanned, but there's also the matte vs glossy appearance. Rambo does not break a sweat look.

Machine gun
-slight differences, maybe because of the angle of the shot versus actual, but it doesn't look 100% the same, and you expect 110% from SSC.

head/chest/hair
-the PF doesn't look like it's got a full comparison to the film. maybe i'm going for more of the screen look versus real life... i dunno.

face
-PF teeth spacing is too exaggerated
-creases on forehead is excessive. screen shots did not show them
-tilt of the PF head leaning towards its left. screenshot appears a little more leaning left or even centered.
-face on PF seems to jut out more forward. maybe angle or lighting, but again...

overall, i like the statue enough to order it, but if i can note some spots, these would be the ones.
Great job B.

It's the face that really bothers me, the other small nitpicks I can live with. After the amazing sculpts of Arnie with the T-800 and Harrison with Indi, I'm really bummed out with this attempt. Geez Sideshow, at least get this one right, it is Sly after all!

looks like a PF that would have been made 10 years ago.John Rambo deserves better than this.

A few changes in the face would help greatly. I could get past the weaker looking physique if the likeness was there in the face. hmmm, maybe they could add a black wife beater....didnt he have one in Rambo 3?

I just don't know what to say about this one. I love Rambo and want to love this piece. I was sold on Indy and Leonidas because SS did a bang up job and I couldn't say no. This one is easy to say no too. I don't want to be harsh but the sculpt is off. The pose isn't very good either. IMO this is probably the worst of the year for me. Granted in all fairness I am not a HUGE Rambo fan. They would have really had to knock it out of the park for me to really want this. Like the former two PF's I spoke about. However, this is far from it. My Hot Toys Rambo III figure was the best Rambo piece I have ever owned. It will be hard to top that. Good luck SS! I hope some tweaks make it great! :duff

After the Bruce Lee PF and this one Sideshow should think about kidnapping some of Hot Toys sculptors.

I was looking forward to this PF as well, particularly after Conan and some of the SW PFs, needless to say i was very dissapointed.

The body has it's issues as does the gun, but the thing stopping me from buying this is the face. To me it just doesn't look like Stallone. It's just my opinion but that's pretty much a must particularly for something this pricey. The T-800 had it's own set of issues in regards to the body, but the face was spot on and made it a must get. If only that had been the case with Rambo.

I'm actually surprised that MaulFan, of all folks, likes this thing so much. He loves Stallone and his characters as much as me or anyone. Perhaps when the thrill of simply having a Rambo PF offered by Sideshow wears off he will feel differently?

This thing needs work, period. If it's not tweaked I will definitely cancel my order. I don't care if the ES is like 50, I won't be displaying a Rambo statue with that head anywhere in my home.

Back