Rambo: Last Blood [Rambo 5]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rambo: The Last Stand [Rambo 5]

That's essentially what I'm trying to say. These last 3 movies have been Bond's growing pains. With this next film, we should start seeing the suave agent Connery played so effortlessly.

Very good post... Agreed

Sean Connery literally invented the action hero oneliner. People seem to forget the "Roger Moore Camp" really started with DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, and was an extension of Guy Hamilton's style from GOLDFINGER. Connery was a burly dude with presence, and came off like a real tough guy who was polished into this suave agent. But he always played his cool and was on top of the situation without being hotheaded (like Dalton,) or cold (like Craig). Moore and Brosnan only carried over the most memorable aspects of what Connery started, namely charisma and humor.

By contrast, Fleming's original character is a blank slate with very little personality. The Bond the vast majority of people know and love was invented by Terence Young, Richard Maibaum and Connery in 1962.

I won't argue with you there. I can't say I hated any bond film but for me DAF was entertaining but the worst out of the first decades Bonds... Then Moore came

Hugh Jackman as Rambo would be interesting IMHO

Hugh Jackman as Rambo would be interesting IMHO

Of any one out there today, he's probably the best choice as far as bringing the qualities Stallone defined, I could see Jackman delivering a Rambo that felt like the same Rambo Stallone played.

There was talk of a Rambo prequel years ago and it keeps popping up every now and then, about Rambo's Vietnam experiences as part of Trautman's Baker Team. Ive always championed for this but only if the casting was right!!! Re-casting Rambo and Trautman would be difficult but not impossible. I thought after seeing The Green Mile that the late Michael Clarke Duncan would've been perfect for Delmar Berry had it been made at that time.

Trautman would be a tough one to cast, Crenna did a great job of playing the cold military man with a weakness for feeling fatherly toward Rambo.

I know a lot of people feel the character needs to end with death and a sequel, but I'd be more intrigued to see someone tell the story of how Rambo came to be the man introduced in First Blood, what was home life that he was left wandering alone after the war, what was he like before Trautman and the military "chipped away the rough edges", things like that. The First Blood deleted scenes give a glimpse at a less jaded Rambo, but an "origin" story of sorts could be interesting, ideally written by Stallone since the film version comes from his mind.

I know a lot of people feel the character needs to end with death and a sequel, but I'd be more intrigued to see someone tell the story of how Rambo came to be the man introduced in First Blood, what was home life that he was left wandering alone after the war, what was he like before Trautman and the military "chipped away the rough edges", things like that. The First Blood deleted scenes give a glimpse at a less jaded Rambo, but an "origin" story of sorts could be interesting, ideally written by Stallone since the film version comes from his mind.

It would flop. The American audience doesn't like to see things they're ashamed of. Same reason Over There flopped. People just won't go see a movie with Americans berating and disrespecting veterans out of ignorance and selfish ideology. Especially while we're still at war. Though, it would arguably be a bigger success overseas where people already have a low opinion of Americans. :lol

Last edited:

I still don't see that, and that's going by personality alone. Connery's Bond seemed to have a good time and kept his cool in every situation. Across 3 films, Craig's Bond is stone-faced and looks mad all the time.

I agree, there's nothing about Craig that reminds me of Connery. I just rewatched all of the films and the only Bond that reminded me of Connery was Dalton.

Ugh, the stupid comedy aspects, winking at the camera and his Mr. Furley karate. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Yeah, Moore is my least favorite Bond. He was ok in the first few, but once the character of Jaws was introduced, along with the camp, they went downhill. I will say John Glen in 81, 83 and 85 did get some better Moore films even though it was grand-daddy Bond by that time.

Trautman would be a tough one to cast, Crenna did a great job of playing the cold military man with a weakness for feeling fatherly toward Rambo.

Are these the deleted scenes you mean, this is all I can find , plus the alt ending?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjUUJIPd-Q[/ame]

As for casting a younger version of rambo this guy has the voice and acting down, but loses it a bit towards the end.
At first I thought he was miming:)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVqbdw8Ejdw[/ame]

Think it could be an interesting story to see where he came from and the previous missions but don't see it working tbh.

Novel concept, but why remake Rambo? Why doesn't Hollywood pull something original out of it's *** for a change, instead of making supbar remake after subpar remake of **** they're incapable of surpassing?

Agree totally hate all the remakes.
No independent thought.
Will probably remake that aswell.

It is very hard not to make some type of remake or a film where the idea was never used before. Lots of stuff done already on screen. Not making excuses but its just tougher to do originality, but it still can be done. IMHO plus why not do a remake if its gonna make money from a not artistic but a business point of view

It is very hard not to make some type of remake or a film where the idea was never used before. Lots of stuff done already on screen. Not making excuses but its just tougher to do originality, but it still can be done. IMHO plus why not do a remake if its gonna make money from a not artistic but a business point of view

In recent memory how many remakes were "successful?" :lol

These franchises they're "remaking" were franchises because the initial movie was strong enough to carry it. They've already shown with Friday the 13th, that they're relatively scared to move into uncharted territory after a remake. Hell, look what happened to Into Darkness which essentially tried to remake the classic Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. That barely made it's budget back domestically, and you can see from the Trekkies here, how it wasn't received as well as it should've been. Borrowing ideas to make a new story is fine. Hollywood's been doing that for almost a century. That's the way you successfully establish franchises. Doing remake after remake and expecting people to flock to it the same way they did the original franchise, when it's not even a quarter of the quality of the original, is flawed logic. They make it, people hate it, they move on to remake something else people are going to hate. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

In recent memory how many remakes were "successful?" :lol

These franchises they're "remaking" were franchises because the initial movie was strong enough to carry it. They've already shown with Friday the 13th, that they're relatively scared to move into uncharted territory after a remake. Hell, look what happened to Into Darkness which essentially tried to remake the classic Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. That barely made it's budget back domestically, and you can see from the Trekkies here, how it wasn't received as well as it should've been. Borrowing ideas to make a new story is fine. Hollywood's been doing that for almost a century. That's the way you successfully establish franchises. Doing remake after remake and expecting people to flock to it the same way they did the original franchise, when it's not even a quarter of the quality of the original, is flawed logic. They make it, people hate it, they move on to remake something else people are going to hate. :cuckoo:

Personally as for myself all I care about is enjoying a film. I could give a rats asss if it does good or anything else for that matter. Only soft spot I have is the dying/near death Western genre

They DID remake First Blood and it was more common aspects to the novel than Sly's film........Benicio del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones was Rambo and Trautmann in all but name.

The_Hunted

They DID remake First Blood and it was more common aspects to the novel than Sly's film........Benicio del Toro and Tommy Lee Jones was Rambo and Trautmann in all but name.

The_Hunted

:goodpost: Damn good comparison, and it proves my point that borrowing something is better than remaking it. :lecture:lecture:lecture

The_Hunted

Will have to watch that
Two good actors should be ok.

The First Blood similarities are what got me to watch that movie, that and I'm a Tommy Lee Jones fan.

Back