Rambo: Last Blood [Rambo 5]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rambo: The Last Stand [Rambo 5]

Wasn't part 5 going to be him hunting a mutant? When I first heard about it, I thought it sounded cheesy. But for some reason I actually want it to get made now.

Yeah like a Rambo vs. Alien.. I really want Rambo on the big screen again.. If it's not marketable enough, do a Rambo TV series, chronicling his life between Rambo 3 and 4.. That's 20 years time span to make up plot lines..

I hope this film gets made. Rambo 4 is one of my favorites films along with part 1 and 2. I just hope they don't kill Rambo, but if they do kill him, it needs to be worthy of the character and he should be recognized as a hero and there should be a statue of him, like in end of The Dark Knight Rises. Dying while fighting a drug cartel is not a heroic way to go out...getting shot by some cops or drug dealers is not worthy of the character.

If he's going to go out fighting, then let it be against terrorist...and I don't mean Hollywood Russian terrorist, I mean Isis and the Taliban. Rambo should kill all them, die like a hero, and finally be recognized by people and his country, like at the end of Avengers when people talk about them . That's the only way I'll accept Rambo dying. Getting shot by some cheap thug...screw that.

Rambo 4 closed the circle very well like Rocky 6 did. If R5 never happens I will be ok with that. If they decide to proceed with R5 then by God please let it be as great as R4

Maybe there is potential to combine Rambo and Predator movies. Call it “Ramator”!! I can see it now “Ramator First Green Blood Part 1"

you guys are taking it way too literally with the alien thing.

he will be dealing with an illegal alien. not pew pew lasers alien.

Illegal Aliens is what I thought too. LoL on those that thought space Aliens...although if done right would make one helluva interesting picture

Rambo fighting space aliens = Contra. :lol

NLi94Y6.gif
MPeDIr7.jpg

Too bad Arnold looks too old...

I wonder if Sly and Arnie can make this movie now.. Sort of like Rambo and John Matrix crossover and coming out of retirement, to make it as close to Contra as possible! :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Arnie? Was he ever meant to be involved in a Rambo film?

No, but the Contra (game) was influenced by Rambo II and John Matrix from Commando among other things, so naturally a lot of kids (including myself) at the time wanted to see both Arnie and Sly make a film like that, but unfortunately their egos got in the way. You still haven't seen First Blood?

Rambo reboot! :yess:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ks-criminal-director-942097?facebook_20161028

'Rambo: New Blood' is the title of the project and would not star Sylvester Stallone.
One man army John Rambo is poised for a return the big-screen.

Nu Image/Millennium Films is plotting a reboot of the classic 1980s action franchise that starred Sylvester Stallone, tapping Brooks McLaren to pen the script and Ariel Vromen to direct the feature.

Titled Rambo: New Blood, the new reboot would not see Stallone return as the action hero, like he did in Millennium’s 2008 outting, but would see a younger actor inhabit the role. The company is looking at Rambo as a character akin to James Bond.*

Rambo was the lead character in a 1972 novel by David Morrell titled First Blood. Hollywood adapted the book into the hit 1982 movie that starred Stallone in a story that despite its action trappings looked at issues facing disaffected Vietnam War vets. (It also veered from the book by having its protagonist live at the end of the story.)

When the series returned, with 1985’s Rambo: First Blood Part II, it was tapping into go-go 1980s America, with a script co-written by James Cameron. It was a pure high-adrenaline action movie with Rambo getting revenge, star and stripes style, on the Vietnamese. Stallone was at a zenith, the movie was unbeatable at the box office, and the character entered pop culture’s list of cinematic icons.

Rambo III, released in 1988, was a drop in quality and box office, and the character was dormant until Stallone resuscitated him for 2008’s Rambo.
No plot details were given for the new film as the project is still in early development.

McLaren has been working steadily in the action sphere since writing How It Ends, a post-apocalyptic survival tale which was on the 2010 Black List. Among his project is Line of Sight, an action thriller which Ben Affleck is developing for Warner Bros. He is repped by Verve and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Vroman is a Millennium favorite, having directed The Iceman, the 2012 crime drama that starred Michael Shannon and Winona Ryder, and Criminal, a Ryan Reynolds-Gal Gadot thriller released this year

I have a feeling that regardless of who they cast it'll just be another Red Dawn/Total Recall/Point Break generic looking remake that will last in theaters about two weeks and be just as quickly forgotten.

I'm 99% sure it's just gonna be an unofficial sequel to "Jarhead".

I have a feeling that regardless of who they cast it'll just be another Red Dawn/Total Recall/Point Break generic looking remake that will last in theaters about two weeks and be just as quickly forgotten.

Maybe. The director made a film called The Iceman with Michael Shannon. It's the only film I've seen and it was ok. Still, even if you're right, I hope that it revives the Rambo merchandise. I really want a HT Rambo....hell even a Funko Pop thing would be cool.

Back