Rambo 4 Statue by HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Rambo products are rare, so I keep an eye out for quality stuff when I can get it.

damn, yeah rambo products are very rare, I look to get the HT Rambo
First Blood II + Rambo III + Col.Trautman.... high prieces, hard to find a good deal....

Yeah, the HT figures have gone up high, thankfully I got all the Rambos at retail, I passed on Trautman originally because I was hoping for a Rambo 2 version, I bought him last summe for a little over $100 after I found a Vietnam uniform set to convert him.

Got my order! Now to decide if I will cancel the pf. Not sure if there's a need for too many Rambos in my collection. I guess I'll wait and see how it turns out. I might also end up selling my HCG 12" Rambo, but I'll wait until this one comes. They'll display nice together methinks.

I don't know if I could pick just one, and even if Sideshow ever makes a Rambo 4 PF, I'd get that too :lol

Dang this thing looks great. I have never heard of HCG. Are they a good company? Are they located in CA?

Well, this topic hasn't received any new comments in a while...

Apparently the 1/4 Scale Rambo Statue by Hollywood Collectibles isn't out yet but it might be very soon.

Just out of curiosity: Do you think it is actually a mixed media statue or completely made out of Polystone? Didn't receive an answer from the company yet... When you look at the quiver on Rambo's back, it looks like it could be made out of leather and also the strip that holds the quiver looks like some stretchy material.

Is there any reliable source that can give me some information here?

Rambo and the base are statue, not sure what the bow'll be made of. The bow will be the only mixed media, otherwise it's a statue like Edinho's 1/6 Rambo HCG sold.

Just received the official answer:

The quiver (not the bow) is made of faux leather...
and the final weight will be 10lbs. :D

So it IS mixed media (even if the main parts are made out of Polystone without any additonal clothing).

The bow has me concerned about shipping, I'm curious how they'll deal with it, or if it'll be a huge box and he'll be one solid piece.

I think that the bow comes as a seperate piece... you see the wrist watch? That could be one of two points, where you're supposed to attach the bow, because you wouldn't see the line. The other point would be the right shirt sleeve with the underarm:

rambo18inches022.jpg

Just a guess, but it would make sense, wouldn't it?

Or to make it even more obvious:

rambo_bow.jpg

If Sideshow were making it absolutely, they often design such things to slim down packaging, I have little experience with HCG, and I'm not sure if they're even involved with the making of the statue or just selling it.

I think that Sideshow is not involved at all in the process of production and distribution. Otherwise, the Rambo statue would be featured on their website, which isn't the case. Also the 1/6 Scale statue they released was not distributed by Sideshow as far as I know.

The only Rambo collectible by HC that Sideshow featured, was the Rambo III Life-size Bust.

All in all, I think that HC planned the shipping part very well, concerning the time they took to finish this product (and even now we can't be sure about their promise to deliver it in Q1 2011). And they worked together with Sideshow several times (also with their other life size props - correct me, if I'm wrong).

My guess: The base comes as one solid part and the statue comes as two parts with the bow as a seperate piece. Well, to be sure, I could ask them. :)

You're misunderstanding, this has nothing to do with Sideshow, I was referring to how Sideshow packs their statues.

HCG is selling this statue, but I don't know if they're manufacturing it or if Edinho Maga has a means to produce them and HCG is just doing the packaging and such.

I'm not surprised with the delays, the 1/6 statue also shipped well after it was supposed to. I'm just glad HCG is making it, wasn't certain they would back when Edinho made the raw sculpt.

I'm sorry, I thought that you were referring to Sideshow with the

if they're even involved with the making of the statue or just selling it

part. Now I see, what you meant.

Can't tell, if Maga is responsible for the other aspects of production, such as the packaging. I don't think so. Well, there must be a certain cooperation, when it's not one solid piece. It would be very unlikely that Maga just finishes his product, says "and that's that, now see how you get this ____er shipped" and doesn't care what happens from that point on. ;)

They will find a way to guarentee that the bow or other parts of the statue won't take damage during transportation.

Back