Rambo 4 Statue by HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but there are plenty of products that you can get for $150 that come with really nice paint jobs, while yes, a 1/4 piece should look nicer than 1/6, the 1/6 statue wasn't the best it could be. I'm happy both have been made available though, especially the 12", I have every Rambo movie represented in 12" form and for now, the statue is my Rambo 4 representation unless HT ever makes a figure or the means to make a satisfactory custom come about.

It wasn`t the best it could be, that`s right. But after a long time without merchandise about Rambo/Rocky I was surprised how it came out.
I`m really a huge Stallone Fan and love both characters Rocky/Rambo,
therefore I`ve ordered also the PF Ex. from Sideshow, but my opinion is the 20" from Edinho looks much better (spec.the face), what do you think?

I think they're about equal. I grew up with Rambo being shirtless and wearing the red bandana as his look between the old 80's cartoon and Rambo 2, so the Sideshow PF is really nice for me because it captures how I've always thought of Rambo.

One thing I don't like about Edinho's sculpt work on Rambo stuff, and it's the same on this staute as the 12" one, is his style of hair, there's something almost cartoony about the definition and strand work. His body work, the details, even his face sculpts are nice but something about how he does the long hair for Rambo looks a bit iffy.

No piece is perfect though, I have things I like and dislike about every Rambo item I own, but I love Rambo and I'm glad to be able to add this latest statue to my collection. Ever since the first Rambo statue showed up on StalloneZone during production of Rambo 4, I've been following Edinho's work. When I saw his unpainted proto for the 12", I had big hopes I could buy it and I was very excited that it hit the market, and awhile back I saw photos of this latest one being worked on and contacted Edinho about it being sold by HCG again as one of his images mentioned them, he thought they would be putting it out sometime like last fall and they didn't, I followed up with HCG and they told me they had no plans.

Rambo 4 is my favorite of the films, so while the Sideshow PF captures his look more for me, I welcome this because I just thoroughly enjoyed the character in the 4th film. If Hot Toys ever makes a figure, I'll probably by several to make his various looks.

wow you must be a really a huge RAMBO fan:peace

It´s difficult to compare the PF with Edinho`s 20".... I like the PF also, because of its real clothes for example. Also the gun looks great, the only way I´m a little disapointed is the likeness of his face... but I cannot wait to get this PF, hope Sideshow ships next month:rolleyes:

I think we both can be happy to get this collectibles in our collection, each with his own character:D

I don`t understand why HT does nothing for Rambo IV..

something I put together quick for all of us fans of rambo.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1i6W-nw6rtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1i6W-nw6rtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This statue looks so bad ass.

Well, Rambo 4 came out in 2008 and I think by then, they were already setting their sites on Iron Man and the Dark Knight, I keep hoping they'll do one as a filler type product between their other releases, and now, with all the custom bodies they do, it should look more accurrate than it would have 2 years ago, so could be for the best, I just want them to do it. When there were only 3 Rambo films, I remember getting their first figure and immediately hoping they'd make all 3, and I was very excited when they finally showed the Rambo 3 prototype and I knew I'd have a figure for each movie, now I keep hoping for a Rambo 4.

I love Rambo, probably my most favorite character in movies, followed by Rocky.

Here are some collection images.

Rambo_1-9-10_1.jpg

RAMBO9.jpg

Not shown are my Rambo 4 print from Bill Pruitt, my 12" statue because it's out with my painter to get redone, my trading card set which isn't really a display piece, my full size Rambo 4 theatrical poster and my 11 x 17 prints of all 4 theatrical posters and an 11 x 17 print of the full bodied Drew Struzan artwork for the First Blood poster.

Well, Rambo 4 came out in 2008 and I think by then, they were already setting their sites on Iron Man and the Dark Knight, I keep hoping they'll do one as a filler type product between their other releases, and now, with all the custom bodies they do, it should look more accurrate than it would have 2 years ago, so could be for the best, I just want them to do it. When there were only 3 Rambo films, I remember getting their first figure and immediately hoping they'd make all 3, and I was very excited when they finally showed the Rambo 3 prototype and I knew I'd have a figure for each movie, now I keep hoping for a Rambo 4.

I love Rambo, probably my most favorite character in movies, followed by Rocky.

Here are some collection images.

Rambo_1-9-10_1.jpg

RAMBO9.jpg

Not shown are my Rambo 4 print from Bill Pruitt, my 12" statue because it's out with my painter to get redone, my trading card set which isn't really a display piece, my full size Rambo 4 theatrical poster and my 11 x 17 prints of all 4 theatrical posters and an 11 x 17 print of the full bodied Drew Struzan artwork for the First Blood poster.

OMG:bow:bow:bow

thats a really great collection you have, congrats, it makes me happy to see all HT Rambos together, great setup!!:horror

can you tell me more about the Rambo Knives, spec. the last from John Rambo Movie?? Is this also from the HCG??

By the way, Rocky Balboa was a successful movie, released in 2006, and HT has not made a 12" until now, I don`t know why..:sick

Part 2 my fav.

John Rambo is my fav, as its so violent as Rambo has to be. I had the honor to see Stallone`s Directors Cut from John Rambo at the Venice Film Festival in Sept.2009. The movie is 12 minutes longer than the theatrical version, and this is the best version you can imagine.
Stallone said this is the movie like he loved to see in cinema.

Hope we`ll get one day a DVD/BluRay release:peace

OMG:bow:bow:bow

thats a really great collection you have, congrats, it makes me happy to see all HT Rambos together, great setup!!:horror

can you tell me more about the Rambo Knives, spec. the last from John Rambo Movie?? Is this also from the HCG??

By the way, Rocky Balboa was a successful movie, released in 2006, and HT has not made a 12" until now, I don`t know why..:sick

As far as HT and Rocky, I don't think Rocky or Rambo were big for them like Aliens, Predators, Terminators and modern movies are. That's why I'm hoping more for Rambo 4 just because it's only one figure to round out the series, unless Rambo 5 is made, where Rocky, there's a lot left unmade by them.

As for the knives.

First Blood - United Cutlery
Rambo 2 - Master Cutlery, sold by HCG
Rambo 3 - Master Cutlery, sold by HCG
Rambo 4 - United Cutlery Hibben IV, blade sanded to lose black color and oily surface.

The only knife replica I'm not happy with is the Rambo 4, there isn't an accurrately sized and shaped Rambo 4 replica that also has the forged look from the movie, the Master Cutlery version sold by HCG is quite off in shape and size, and the United Cutlery is off in the finish of the metal, otherwise the UC really got it, shape, size, handle wrap, it's just the metal part they didn't do so hot with, but UC also works with Gil Hibben, the knife maker for Rambo 3 and 4.

John Rambo is my fav, as its so violent as Rambo has to be. I had the honor to see Stallone`s Directors Cut from John Rambo at the Venice Film Festival in Sept.2009. The movie is 12 minutes longer than the theatrical version, and this is the best version you can imagine.
Stallone said this is the movie like he loved to see in cinema.

Hope we`ll get one day a DVD/BluRay release:peace

According to Stallone on the DVD, the theatrical cut was the director's cut, maybe the directors cut has the deleted materials back in. I'd love to have the movie in full with some of that in there, particularly the dialogue between Rambo and Sarah on the boat, it really gives a lot of insight into where the character's at in the start of the movie and after seeing the deleted scene on the DVD, I was bummed they cut it.

As for the knives. First Blood - United Cutlery Rambo 2 - Master Cutlery said:
I have the four knives by HCG, I´m happy with the First Blood +First Blood Part II, really great is the Rambo III Knife (Heavy, really great finish!) but i rest dissatisfied with the John Rambo knife. Mine is black, if you take it in your hand you get black fingers:banghead.

Seeing yours looks much better, is there a possibilty to get the knive from UC??

According to Stallone on the DVD, the theatrical cut was the director's cut, maybe the directors cut has the deleted materials back in. I'd love to have the movie in full with some of that in there, particularly the dialogue between Rambo and Sarah on the boat, it really gives a lot of insight into where the character's at in the start of the movie and after seeing the deleted scene on the DVD, I was bummed they cut it.

That`s right , the director`s cut shown in Venice has the content of the DVD back in (and a little bit more, for example the opening scene is longer while you can see rambo is fishing and catching the snakes, also he tells about the snakes). But these deleted scenes and the new content makes this movie complete. Seeing the DC from Venice, you can understand the feelings and the character "Rambo" much better.

Seeing yours looks much better, is there a possibilty to get the knive from UC??

eBay, it's called the Hibben IV. It'll take quite a bit of sanding the blade to get it to look like mine though.

Not my photo, but this is what the Hibben IV looks like when you get it, and there's oil all over the blade for some reason, I sanded it to get rid of the oil and the black finish.

c397_12.JPG

This is what the knives should look like.

Gil1.jpg

Hibben sells his own, but they're like $1200 and I'm not into the knives enough to spend that on my current budget.

1200:horror:horror???

that`s not my budget:confused:

I`ll look on ebay, but for me in Germany it´s difficult to get the knife from US because it will be catched by German Customs:maul .... maybe i find one in EU....

However, the HCG knife from Rambo IV is :mad::mad: I only have it because it`s a must have for the Knife-Collection, but the quality isn`t good.

I started out with intent only to get the Rambo 2 knife, it's my favorite design, and when the Sideshow PF came out with the full scale Co Boa necklace, I thought having the knife to go with it would be cool, then once I got it, it was so cool owning a Rambo knife, I wanted to get the Rambo 4 because it's so powerful looking, but UC is much better so I got that one, and then I started thinking it'd be cool to get the huge bladed Rambo 3, after that, I got First Blood because it was like, why not round off the set.

I like having the series represented in my various collections, like my Bill Pruitt art, thankfully, he's done at least one piece from all 4 so I have those.

yes I forgot, congrats , I saw the Art-Work at your wall, they look awesome! Perfect scenes from every movie, looks great!

Back