Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet set up. Looks like you're only missing the little McQuarrie Bronze Bust.

I passed on it mainly cuz it isn't blue. Of course it's bronze but I tend to like the intended colors best. Not to mention it's an arm and a leg for a bronze...

Yeah I passed on the Bronze Bust too. It was like a Grand and with the Base it was barely 8 inches. Just couldn't justify that.
What is that Large Head on your Right Corner? Never seen that before.

Yeah I passed on the Bronze Bust too. It was like a Grand and with the Base it was barely 8 inches. Just couldn't justify that.
What is that Large Head on your Right Corner? Never seen that before.

If you're talking about bottom right, that's the swap-out portrait for this 1/5 McQ.

Awesome collection LightSword and thanks for sharing.

Wow I love your setup!! Makes me wanna move to a place with more room!! Most of my collectibles are stacked around each other and you can't appreciate individual pieces as well.

Thanks , guys.

Demorathis, that used to be a room just for action figures. I built the wall unit back in 99. As the years went by, I sold by Hasbro collection and dedicated myself to collect from Gentle Giant, Master Replicas, Kotobukiya, Code 3, fan made replicas and of course, Sideshow dioramas and PF's. When our house was built in '99 I made a deal with my wife to have a room set aside for my Star Wars collectibles, and not all over the house. I've expanded my display a little bit through the years, though. Now I've also taken over the hallway leading to my Star Wars collection room :) , but the wife is fine with it so, it is all good. :)

I have to say you have gathered a nice collection of McQuarrie Vader sculpts in all sizes, which is really cool, as it brings visual appeal to your display. And just like others have asked, I'm wondering myself what that small McQuarrie Vader helmet to the bottom left corner of your picture is. It seems to be close to scale with the Riddell and MR helmets from years ago. Any info on it would be appreciated. A way to buy one, would be double appreciated :) Thanks!

Thanks , guys.

Demorathis, that used to be a room just for action figures. I built the wall unit back in 99. As the years went by, I sold by Hasbro collection and dedicated myself to collect from Gentle Giant, Master Replicas, Kotobukiya, Code 3, fan made replicas and of course, Sideshow dioramas and PF's. When our house was built in '99 I made a deal with my wife to have a room set aside for my Star Wars collectibles, and not all over the house. I've expanded my display a little bit through the years, though. Now I've also taken over the hallway leading to my Star Wars collection room :) , but the wife is fine with it so, it is all good. :)

I have to say you have gathered a nice collection of McQuarrie Vader sculpts in all sizes, which is really cool, as it brings visual appeal to your display. And just like others have asked, I'm wondering myself what that small McQuarrie Vader helmet to the bottom left corner of your picture is. It seems to be close to scale with the Riddell and MR helmets from years ago. Any info on it would be appreciated. A way to buy one, would be double appreciated :) Thanks!

That's a great collection. Mine are pretty stuffed together but I like being able to focus on individual pieces. Less is more when you have limited space, and more is a desensitizing tool when there's not enough room. I've had people searching for my Darth Vader helmets because the room is so full of Darth Vader things. And have had people surprised to find. Full sized Vader standing within feet just because of information overload in the Darth Vader room....
View attachment 344805View attachment 344806View attachment 344807View attachment 344808View attachment 344809View attachment 344811View attachment 344813View attachment 344814

That little Darth Vader head is a resin "paper clip box" distributed by Disney and sculpted by Robert Olszewski back in 2011 in a semi tiki style.
It caught my eye particularly because he obviously used McQuarries drawings as a reference. It's a wonderful piece of art and rather hard to find. I was collecting the Disney gallery of light dioramas also sculpted by Olszewski back then and this Vader piece got my attention.

I may as well post these here too :)

That's just some of my Darth Vader collection. (I thought I had pix of everything else but I didn't post it) maybe later just for eye candy. I really like to space things out but it's not obvious here!

Some of my other collections which I'm tempted to trade in for more Star Wars
This was a temporary setup at our last place --but it was still fun to unpack.
View attachment 345016View attachment 345017View attachment 345018View attachment 345019

Most of my prop replicas have been sold. I only regret selling my master replicas stormtroopers blaster :( --and my icons x-wing and tie fighter - those were given to me as part of a settlement because the logo they used was a ripoff of mine for a comic book I had published with my buddy. They were nice pieces but they went out of business quick.

Some other random pics:
View attachment 345005View attachment 345006View attachment 345008View attachment 345009View attachment 345010View attachment 345011View attachment 345012View attachment 345013View attachment 345014View attachment 345015

Got mine yesterday with thankfully no problems. Ended up setting it up in my office at work, since statues aren't something I really do in my collection, but this was an exception.

Got mine yesterday with thankfully no problems. Ended up setting it up in my office at work, since statues aren't something I really do in my collection, but this was an exception.

Awesome and congrats! I get to see my collection when I'm working too. :duff

That's a great collection. Mine are pretty stuffed together but I like being able to focus on individual pieces. Less is more when you have limited space, and more is a desensitizing tool when there's not enough room. I've had people searching for my Darth Vader helmets because the room is so full of Darth Vader things. And have had people surprised to find. Full sized Vader standing within feet just because of information overload in the Darth Vader room....
View attachment 344805View attachment 344806View attachment 344807View attachment 344808View attachment 344809View attachment 344811View attachment 344813View attachment 344814

That little Darth Vader head is a resin "paper clip box" distributed by Disney and sculpted by Robert Olszewski back in 2011 in a semi tiki style.
It caught my eye particularly because he obviously used McQuarries drawings as a reference. It's a wonderful piece of art and rather hard to find. I was collecting the Disney gallery of light dioramas also sculpted by Olszewski back then and this Vader piece got my attention.

I may as well post these here too :)

That's just some of my Darth Vader collection. (I thought I had pix of everything else but I didn't post it) maybe later just for eye candy. I really like to space things out but it's not obvious here!

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the McQuarrie Vader too. I buy anything of that. Don't know if you saw this on Ebay. There was a custom life size bust. The seller sold a few on there. I was able to win one of the auctions for one. Haven't received it yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's not life-size. It's same size as Ridell or MR .45 Scale - 21cm or 8" if you will.
Still good.

Do you know if it's officially licensed?
--on eBay collectibles and kits from Thailand is usually means bootleg or unofficial creation

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the McQuarrie Vader too. I buy anything of that. Don't know if you saw this on Ebay. There was a custom life size bust. The seller sold a few on there. I was able to win one of the auctions for one. Haven't received it yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Just saw it. Looks nice but I try to stick to officially licensed stuff. If this is I'll snap it up :) but something tells me it isn't :(

Back