Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know if it's officially licensed?
--on eBay collectibles and kits from Thailand is usually means bootleg or unofficial creation

It is not.
The only official I am aware of is the Sideshow bronze bust. That one goes for around $2k.

no luck with the waitlist but managed to score the exclusive for less than retail! the trio is complete : )

Sad news. A couple of days ago I dropped the head of my Darth Vader and now it is damaged. I contacted SS support and asked if I could purchase a replacement head because it was my fault not a defect with the statue. SS responded that I should organise a return via my seller (PopCultcha) but PopCultcha doesn't want anything to do with it. Any ideas on what to do next?

Sad news. A couple of days ago I dropped the head of my Darth Vader and now it is damaged. I contacted SS support and asked if I could purchase a replacement head because it was my fault not a defect with the statue. SS responded that I should organise a return via my seller (PopCultcha) but PopCultcha doesn't want anything to do with it. Any ideas on what to do next?

That is awful. I had a mishap with my Mythos Kenobi statue yesterday but the only casualty was the little antenna thing that pokes up out of his pack.

Perhaps someone will sell you one of the heads they are not using (and possibly never intend to use) from the exclusive version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned, you could put out an offer for a portrait someone is not using. Sorry to hear of this.

Thanks for the suggestions, chaps. I broke off the two little pointy bits on either side of his mouthpiece. It's not a huge amount of damage but it's enough to set off my OCD :panic: Really bummed because I like these Ralph McQuarrie statues so much.

If anybody out there is interested in selling a Darth Vader head please contact me. You're my only hope...

So just an update on my Darth Vader issues. no help at all from Sideshow nor from my retailer.

It initially sounded like some spare parts would be available, but after one month of waiting, I finally found out that that is not the case. It's not their fault because I amp the one who damaged the statue, but jeebuz Sideshow's communication skills leave a lot to be desired.

I have dealt with ThreeA and a couple of 3rd party transformer companies, and boy they could teach Sideshow a thing or two about communication, even though English is not their first language.

So just an update on my Darth Vader issues. no help at all from Sideshow nor from my retailer.

It initially sounded like some spare parts would be available, but after one month of waiting, I finally found out that that is not the case. It's not their fault because I amp the one who damaged the statue, but jeebuz Sideshow's communication skills leave a lot to be desired.

I have dealt with ThreeA and a couple of 3rd party transformer companies, and boy they could teach Sideshow a thing or two about communication, even though English is not their first language.

I’m surprised that no one who has the Exclusive and doesn’t care for the second portrait is willing to sell theirs. Maybe if you say what you’re willing to pay some people will come out of the woodwork?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m surprised that no one who has the Exclusive and doesn’t care for the second portrait is willing to sell theirs. Maybe if you say what you’re willing to pay some people will come out of the woodwork?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can understand people not wanting to wanting to sell off the extra head. I know that I like to keep all accessories tucked away nicely in the box.

But I won't be collecting any more Sideshow Collectible statues that's for sure. I don't want to spend $749 on a statue that has no support in the way of spare parts when something goes wrong. I now have a Darth Vader statue that is completely useless - it's just like throwing money in the bin.

In fact that is exactly where Darth Vader is going - in the bin! My OCD won't allow me to display a statue with a damaged face, so there is no point in keeping it :(

Back