Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand people not wanting to wanting to sell off the extra head. I know that I like to keep all accessories tucked away nicely in the box.

But I won't be collecting any more Sideshow Collectible statues that's for sure. I don't want to spend $749 on a statue that has no support in the way of spare parts when something goes wrong. I now have a Darth Vader statue that is completely useless - it's just like throwing money in the bin.

In fact that is exactly where Darth Vader is going - in the bin! My OCD won't allow me to display a statue with a damaged face, so there is no point in keeping it :(

I feel your pain.
Instead, try selling the body and base. Maybe someone with the exclusive that has 2 portraits will now be able to display both!

I can understand people not wanting to wanting to sell off the extra head. I know that I like to keep all accessories tucked away nicely in the box.

But I won't be collecting any more Sideshow Collectible statues that's for sure. I don't want to spend $749 on a statue that has no support in the way of spare parts when something goes wrong. I now have a Darth Vader statue that is completely useless - it's just like throwing money in the bin.

In fact that is exactly where Darth Vader is going - in the bin! My OCD won't allow me to display a statue with a damaged face, so there is no point in keeping it :(

I also feel your pain, man. That completely stinks. Let me also say that Sideshow requires the destruction of so many parts and pieces that have small quality issues that could be refinished somehow. Or I’m sure you’d happily accept a replacement that had a little scratch or a smudge.

Anyway, I think you should hang on to it and keep checking eBay. One will show up eventually.

Or sell the pieces, like Centurion suggested, and put the money toward the Iron Studios Vader!

I have a similar sad story about that statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the level of damage you have but there are artists that can fix nearly any damage to a statue. I had a custom Batman statue arrive with a broke arm and it was repaired and looks perfect.

I would search for someone who can repair it in your area (facebook statue groups are a great resource). Good Luck

Well I have some good news to report.

A package arrived this morning and it contained a brand new Vader head & a brand new weather vane for the base. I can't believe it! I asked Sideshow whether I can purchase any spares and they told me that they don't sell spares. That had me very disappointed but next thing you know they send them out for free. I am tickled pink. The mighty Lord Vader is back on display and as good as new.

Many thanks to Sideshow Customer support & my retailer PopCultcha for working together and providing customer support beyond expectation.

Awesome news. Congrats. Was it really a surprise or did you know it was coming?

It was a complete surprise. And a welcome one was that!

Well, that is awesome. It’s nice to hear such a positive outcome. They’ve always taken care of me but it can be a rocky road from time to time.

Back