Rainman's Projects... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo EC, found some road warrior custom by elvis on KD's thread:

SDC12385.jpg

SDC12393.jpg

Just got my fight club blu ray!

Anybody else experienced a bit of 'never been kissed' in the beginning before the movie, or is it a glitch on mine?

Was done on purpose to f with people, their was a discussion in one of the threads here about it when it came out. Something like Ed or Will are friends with Drew Barrymore and thought it'd be funny, like a project mayham sort of thing.

marla02.jpg

He put the hair on the headsculpt.
The hair is more redish than the shots.
and the second shot is black and white.

BTW, He has a trouble with selecting a female body for her.
Could anyone help him?
Hottoys or the others?

Thanks,

Could anyone help him?
Hottoys or the others?

Thanks,
:horror

she looks awesome :drool

I second the triad toys evalution body:

TT-EVAC.jpg

since marla has a flat chest, the triad toys come with 3 different chest size, to accommodate the accuracy.

HT's new female body is nice, but wont suit marla, IMO, since the chest is too big and voluptuous.

w204516953.jpg

But then again it all depends on whether rainman is going to release the head+clothing set etc or just the full set?

Because if hes going to offers the head+clothing set etc, I think he should use HT's female body, as those are easier to find than the Triad evalution body.

But if hes planning to release just the full set, then he should use the triad evalution body, IMO.

I think rainman doesnt really like going for the rooted hair, unless its a must, like marla's hair as its impossible to sculpt, and even if he did, it'd be time consuming and wont look as good as the rooted hair.

I dunno, I'm glad he went for the sculpted hair for tyler instead of rooted hair.

Ive seen rovo jin's beckham figure with rooted hair. As nice and sweet as he looks, it somehow looks like he's balding and the hair is to thin.

wow that is looking amazing. hmm. still can't go for a full set, but, iI'd be mighty tempted to go with a head/clothing set!

As for bodies, the Triad one does seem pretty ideal, but theres never anything that matches the overall quality and feel of a truetype. I think if rainman offers a head and clothing set, id put mine on the new female TT and maybe dremmel the chest down a bit.

I would go with the Hot Toys female body 100%. They are the best constructed bodies on the market, better than the Triad body and much cheaper and easier to find, and it will have better continuity with the HT male figures. Sadly there are limits to the articulation with the HT female, especially the torso.

You guys are way too focused on the boob size. :lol The clothing should cover up the slightly larger breasts fine. Marla's breast size fluctuated during Fight Club anyway, Helena Bonham Carter discusses it on the commentary. Or Rainman could make a new torso if need be.

and the sunglasses are still wrong and need to be changed.
In fact, I'd love to see pics of the sculpt without the glasses.

Last edited:
Marla is amazing and I agree, HT female body all the way, new chest if nessisary.

As for rooted hair on Tyler or any other non female or non long hair character that's a big fat NO. Not ever IMO. I can't express how horrible I think those look.

But what rainman did with Marla is phenominal

marla02.jpg

Could anyone help him?
Hottoys or the others?

Thanks,
oh lord thats beautiful.... ____... and i thought i was done with tyler. i guess when he decides to sell the sunnies for tyler v1 having a marla wouldn't be so bad afterall..... :banana

Marla Date Scene :joy

btw is it just me or does it seem like rainy has a thing for smokers... lol

all of his figures smoke except for chaplin and tuco

Norton could never match this. I have no idea how a guy in boxer shorts, tshirt and a trench coat could ever be an amazing figure design or more impressive than the Tyler figure. Even if done 100% accurate, it's a plain, boring costume and nowhere near the detail, originality, flash or complexity of Tyler or Marla. Only the beaten and bloody paint would give it any pizazz at all.

Norton could never match this. I have no idea how a guy in boxer shorts, tshirt and a trench coat could ever be an amazing figure design or more impressive than the Tyler figure. Even if done 100% accurate, it's a plain, boring costume and nowhere near the detail, originality, flash or complexity of Tyler or Marla. Only the beaten and bloody paint would give it any pizazz at all.

I'm referring to it being more along the lines of a sculpt that looks like the character.

Back