Rainman's Project (Narrator 1999)... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since I doubt that rainman is gonna send the buttons out.

Not an ideal solution, but it would be nice if Rainman sent some buttons to the Fighter 1999 customers who request some to attach to their shirts.

Id be glad if rainman offers to send this as well.

how do you plan to stick it on the shirt btw? Ive seen ones from the joker BR, and Im not sure what kind of glue they use to glue those buttons. Im pretty sure they arent super glue though.

fabric glue would be my first suggestion but if not strong enough then a tiny bit of super glue.

That shirt looks so stupid.

Not true.
vlcsnap2009112020h01m39.png

I see the buttons quite clearly.

You can try to rationalize it away if you wish, but the facts are the shirt in the movie had buttons, noticeable ones, the prototype shirt had buttons, the final shirt should have buttons, but it does not. It's a sloppy error plain and simple that weakens the overall figure.

it doesn't really matter anyway since it's never a shirt he actually wore in the movie so you can't really say it is or is not accurate. Personally I don't care. I want to replace the shirt eventually anyway

fabric glue would be my first suggestion but if not strong enough then a tiny bit of super glue.

lets discuss this further if rainman decides to send us the buttons.

God the Norton looks/ sounds AMAZING!! Two heads and outfits???

Can not wait I'm so pumped for this !

and lets not forget bout the magnetized neck and head! I like how rainman is always improvising his stuffs!

This is gonna be awesome. Im totally getting the full set. Im guessing that the PO is around middle of march, so that means we are getting this around end of april, Im assuming :banana

it doesn't really matter anyway since it's never a shirt he actually wore in the movie so you can't really say it is or is not accurate.

Yes I can say. Although the print isn't 100%, the cut, style and basic color scheme are the same as the Marla date scene shirt. That shirt has buttons so, yes, I can say it is not accurate to the shirt it's supposed to represent.

Last edited:
norton_work01.jpg

Ta-daah!~

As you see, he made the shoes and the slim chest with a magnetic neck for replacement heads.
He is working on another bonus bruised head for the full set edition... :D
BTW, he said he will make a briefcase and two kinds of clothing for the last scene from the movie... :banana

Thanks,

I just filled the cup and then some!!! _____*ING AWESOME NEWS!!! IM SO HYPE! Letsget this P.O. started!!!!:chew

Id be glad if rainman offers to send this as well.

how do you plan to stick it on the shirt btw? Ive seen ones from the joker BR, and Im not sure what kind of glue they use to glue those buttons. Im pretty sure they arent super glue though.

Yeah I use fabric glue whenever any Hot Toys buttons pop off a shirt and it holds up pretty well.

In the case of the thing being a completely inaccurate print, the lack of buttons are the last thing to complain about. He may have been inspired by that shirt but i doubt he was trying to replicate it. It's not that similar to the Marla date shirt anyway, by a long shot actually. Rainman was just going for something that felt Tyler-ish.

It's not that similar to the Marla date shirt anyway, by a long shot actually.

I disagree. You sound as if Rainman made a bright purple turtle neck sweater instead of a wide collared, open necked, short sleeved shirt with a funky white black and pink pattern. :huh I wish it were closer too, but let's not slip into hyperbole because the print alone isn't an exact match. The style, the cut of the shirt, the fabric, the drape are all the same as the Marla date shirt and the print, while not the same, is reminiscent of the date shirt. It would look finished if it had buttons.

He may have been inspired by that shirt but i doubt he was trying to replicate it. It's not that similar to the Marla date shirt anyway, by a long shot actually. Rainman was just going for something that felt Tyler-ish.

Agreed. Only disappointing part of the set in my opinion is the shirt - whether it's because you're upset with the kind-of inaccurate print, or obsessed with tiny buttons. Still hoping a customizer can help us out with another option.

Only disappointing part of the set in my opinion is the shirt

Yup. The lack of sunglasses and the tiny bar of soap are other small nits, but the shirt is definitely the weak element. Otherwise it's a really fantastic A+ figure.

Maybe Rainman can make a 1/6 scale soap and offer it with the OP Glasses. It would make the purchase that much more enticing. A Paper St. buisness card wouldnt hurt either.:D

the soap is a neat extra but its just that. an extra soap scale does not sway my opinion in one way or another. I'd prefer Rainman put the money into making the glasses, a more accurate shirt or a 1/6 briefcase with bars of soap in it.

Just no way i can afford this with Arnie and Aldo close by aswell :( it will just be head and clothes set for me :D

Just no way i can afford this with Arnie and Aldo close by aswell :( it will just be head and clothes set for me :D

To be fair mate, I ALWAYS say I will go for the full ltd. (The excitement gets to me!).

But I imagine just the clothes/HS set for me too, if offered. :D

Back