Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think Dracula as a tragic, romantic lead, Gary Oldman with the handbrake snapped right the **** off, Winona Ryder making people wonder if she would really have been that much of an improvement over Sofia Coppola in The Godfather Part III and Anthony Hopkins totally wasted. Actually, scrap that. Just think...Keanu Reeves...English accent :pow

To be fair though, Coppola could still pull off some cracking visuals back then and it's certainly gorgeous to look at.

Lol it is a tragic 80's remake you are correct about the beautiful visuals. The love story is a bit sappy and Oldman does steal the show. It is an iconic character and stirs up some nostalgia but is not a Godfather II. I will be interested in seeing how quickly he starts production.

Very good points there - It's surely about subject matter but With all the respect in the last 3 releases - taxi driver, Bill butcher (redone so not counting) and Jack - none of these are his strongest sculpts or figures in past few years! Great ones but not his best! I am waiting for him to do his bill butcher, milkshake man and doc holiday magic! Wherein there was absolutely no doubt that the sculpts are just rock stars and have stood the test of time!
I think he can do that with the Gary old man sculpt especially cause he has visited it (mad dog) before!
Neutral expressions are his strengths and with Gary oldman and yunsil outfit / I think he can have a home run there!

But I agree to the larger issue - there are very few "home run / will be "sold out" appeal characters available for him to play with and this release was surely not that!
For me it was not about Satan! The satan part was fiction even for a moderately religious person like me! The physical pain that the little girl went through - was surely something I dint want to be reminded 24x7 being displayed!

To represent exorcist I was thinking I will buy just the bed and then if someone made father karras I will pick him up - just to represent the movie - but the bed dint wow me so all and all - waiting for the next one! Very eagerly!!! :) :)
I would still be game for rainman father karras but does not seem likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason this didnt sell out immediately is subject matter. I see no other reason behind it - simply put people dont want it in their house. Torrance sold (including hc) like 150+ sets. If this was more to everyones taste, it would be a mad scramble. But its satan and a lot of religious ppl just dont **** with satan.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I am a fan of Rainman's project, but i have to agree.. not everyone want this in their house! or comfortable to have it to display! but never less it is a great figure!

Going to be a small edition size If he takes them down, I'm surprised Vary's birds didn't whisper to take them down ....

Stannis Baratheon is true king

A shame that there were so many cancelations. Guess some folks had second thoughts for whatever reason in the end.

My pump is growing daily for this. Can't wait!! :rock

Once at my old house there was a banana that would never go bad and I thought maybe it was possessed, I used to stare at it while I ate my fruit loops and drink my fruity milk from the bowl. For 3 years I stared at that banana during Thanksgiving, Kwanzaa, Ramadan and Yamim Tovim, nothing changed. I poke it with a stick , my finger, my wifes finger, a strangers finger even had the mailman touch it but NOTHING. One day I got the courage to finally ask the banana " Are you the SPAWN of Satan you evil BANANA?", he got so mad he got up and left! I guess That's how you make a banana split.......

View attachment 194175

The reason this didnt sell out immediately is subject matter. I see no other reason behind it - simply put people dont want it in their house. Torrance sold (including hc) like 150+ sets. If this was more to everyones taste, it would be a mad scramble. But its satan and a lot of religious ppl just dont **** with satan.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

That's definitely the main factor. If it makes anyone out there feel better, it's subjectively a big misconception that she was possessed by Satan himself. In the book it was Pazuzu who was the culprit, so based on that and despite the fact it was never clearly stated in the movie, it could definitely be assumed that it was him in the film as well.

^^^ I think there was never a fault of that poor lil girl! Great movie but was painful to see her in so much misery! :(

Yes it's a shame so many cancelled! I would have been happy for rainman if it sold like hot cakes!

But the brighter side is that whoever wanted one got one / so that's the best outcome you can expect from a release!

I think there was a lot of people that bought it because they thought it would sell out and they could flip it. Once everybody saw it was not selling out they had no interest. Also the subject matter is a tough sell. This can be a really low Edition number for the people that did buy it, I hope the ones that lobbied for her enjoy either figure. I have only been in the customs Rainman era for two years, has anything ever sat this long?

Last edited:
I think there was a lot of people that bought it because they thought it would sell out and they could flip it. Once everybody saw it was not selling out they had no interest. Also the subject matter is a tough sell. This can be a really low addition number for the people that did buy it, I don't the ones that lobbied for her enjoy either figure. I have only been in the customs Rainman era for two years, has anything ever sat this long?

Glad I locked-in someone for a cool $400 bucks over retail during VIP ordering. The pre-game hype gets people all jittery and loose with their pockets. :)

^^^ I think there was never a fault of that poor lil girl! Great movie but was painful to see her in so much misery! :(

Yes it's a shame so many cancelled! I would have been happy for rainman if it sold like hot cakes!

But the brighter side is that whoever wanted one got one / so that's the best outcome you can expect from a release!

I was actually blown over to see that most everything was gone within 2-3 days, but I should've known better and realized that the cancellation grace period was still open. My bet from day one was that this was going to minimally take 3-5 weeks to sell out.

She was in pain and was tormented but at least she was able to get free in the end. The truth is she was never the target and was only used as a pawn to lure Father Merrin into the situation. The demon ended up killing both priests, so although Regan got free, evil actually won this battle in the end.

I think there was a lot of people that bought it because they thought it would sell out and they could flip it. Once everybody saw it was not selling out they had no interest. Also the subject matter is a tough sell. This can be a really low Edition number for the people that did buy it, I don't the ones that lobbied for her enjoy either figure. I have only been in the customs Rainman era for two years, has anything ever sat this long?

Maybe. A shame there are so many flippers amongst us now. It never used to be that way.

I think there was a lot of people that bought it because they thought it would sell out and they could flip it. Once everybody saw it was not selling out they had no interest. Also the subject matter is a tough sell. This can be a really low Edition number for the people that did buy it, I hope the ones that lobbied for her enjoy either figure. I have only been in the customs Rainman era for two years, has anything ever sat this long?

There was a Jules H&C sitting around for months, but nothing like this.

Glad I locked-in someone for a cool $400 bucks over retail during VIP ordering. The pre-game hype gets people all jittery and loose with their pockets. :)

That's pretty low in my opinion. If you feel no shame in milking someone for extra money they paid out unnecessarily, that's one thing....but to brag about it like it's some Bilkoesque hustle to be applauded? I just don't get it.

Seriously. And this comes from someone who totes themselves as this big old-school long time supporter know-it-all. Way to treat the new guys. The act of that kind of rape is low enough in private, but to shamelessly announce it publicly just adds to the absurdity ten fold

The truth is she was never the target and was only used as a pawn to lure Father Merrin into the situation. The demon ended up killing both priests, so although Regan got free, evil actually won this battle in the end.

I'm surprised you read it that way. The demon didn't kill Karras. He regained control when the demon was coercing him to attack Regan (as shown by the change back to his normal iris colour) and sacrificed himself to end the threat. The ultimate target wasn't Merrin, but more any observers to the corruption of Regan. Merrin himself states the reason behind targeting a little girl was to cast doubt on Gods love for man, to make witnesses question how God could let something so horrendous happen to one so young.

That's pretty low in my opinion. If you feel no shame in milking someone for extra money they paid out unnecessarily, that's one thing....but to brag about it like it's some Bilkoesque hustle to be applauded? I just don't get it.

:goodpost::lecture

Poor guy whoever made that deal. everything still available.
Once received is one thing. but to buy something SOLELY to flip it within a day or two of pre order..?
I get it - if you want to do it you can do it, and you did.
But to brag about ripping someone off in the forum they are most likely keeping track of is kind of low.

At the Wax Museum in Buena Park California they had an Exorcist display. It scared the **** out of me, they kept the room cold and I think I remember fans blowing cold air. The head would spin also!

976e8521fd4a83bb5d10e664a41d43e3.jpg

I cried to my mommy

I genuinely won't be surprised if many still bought this not cause they love it but cause it's a rainman release and a dx "partying" out later can get them top $$$ - but probably won't get that mileage due to lackluster response!

Last edited:
At the Wax Museum in Buena Park California they had an Exorcist display. It scared the **** out of me, they kept the room cold and I think I remember fans blowing cold air. The head would spin also!

976e8521fd4a83bb5d10e664a41d43e3.jpg

I cried to my mommy

Pretty awesome. I was really impressed by this bust I saw at Jersey-Fest. I forget the artist's name but he's big in the modeling and 1:1 world.

Back