Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty low in my opinion. If you feel no shame in milking someone for extra money they paid out unnecessarily, that's one thing....but to brag about it like it's some Bilkoesque hustle to be applauded? I just don't get it.

:goodpost::lecture

Poor guy whoever made that deal. everything still available.
Once received is one thing. but to buy something SOLELY to flip it within a day or two of pre order..?
I get it - if you want to do it you can do it, and you did.
But to brag about ripping someone off in the forum they are most likely keeping track of is kind of low.

Yeah. I agree with you two about that. I was warned by a long time collector on here who's been a great friend to me since I first joined here that this hobby is like a ocean, not knowing what the outcome is with the sharks and those flippers lurking around! Lol! That makes sense.

It's too bad this is a cutthroat business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of Rainman's and I liked the movie The Excorist but not enough to buy this amazing set. Everything looks awesome. I hope the next release will be something I want to buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised you read it that way. The demon didn't kill Karras. He regained control when the demon was coercing him to attack Regan (as shown by the change back to his normal iris colour) and sacrificed himself to end the threat. The ultimate target wasn't Merrin, but more any observers to the corruption of Regan. Merrin himself states the reason behind targeting a little girl was to cast doubt on Gods love for man, to make witnesses question how God could let something so horrendous happen to one so young.

I agree that the demon's goal was to shatter faith to all who were around Regan (as you said, it was explained in the dialogue between Merrin & Karis in that added scene of the extended cut), but Pazuzu's main target was always Father Merrin. That's the whole point behind the opening scene in Iraq. Merrin's archaeological dig disturbed Pazuzu's sleep and they instantly became adversaries during the stand off. In the special features Friedkin says that Merrin returned to the States after that because he knew his services were soon to be needed. Also, after Karis's first meeting with Pazuzu where he uses the alleged holy water that sends the demon into a violent fit, you can hear him wailing Merrin's name when they review the recording backwards (I suspect that the reaction to the tap water was also a trick to lure in Merrin and ensure the exorcism will get approved).

Karis appears to sacrifice himself but you just can't take that for surface value and that situation can be read much deeper. The demon is a liar, trickster and manipulator. I interpreted this as him tricking Karis into suicide which subjectively can be considered as a mortal sin. Yes, the act freed Regan but it was a trade that the demon was happy to make

I always thought Herbie was not really alive but that Hank was actually hallucinating while on LSD. At no time did anyone else hear Herbie talk. That hack Steven King ripped off Herbie with the movie Christine . Herbie was considered a Jewish Love bug and Christine was rumored to be the aftermath of Satan getting down and dirty with Christine's tailpipe.

I once tried to impregnate my skateboard but received serious chaffing.

I always thought Herbie was not really alive but that Hank was actually hallucinating while on LSD. At no time did anyone else hear Herbie talk. That hack Steven King ripped off Herbie with the movie Christine . Herbie was considered a Jewish Love bug and Christine was rumored to be the aftermath of Satan getting down and dirty with Christine's tailpipe.

I once tried to impregnate my skateboard but received serious chaffing.

That's pretty low in my opinion. If you feel no shame in milking someone for extra money they paid out unnecessarily, that's one thing....but to brag about it like it's some Bilkoesque hustle to be applauded? I just don't get it.

Would you believe that guys a yoga instructor? A YOGA Instructor! :lol
What happened to peace and serenity? You think that's bad you should see his Facebook comments about women.

Where are the pics? I probably won't be trying to get one since this movie scared the day lights out of me. Mostly curious.

Seriously. And this comes from someone who totes themselves as this big old-school long time supporter know-it-all. Way to treat the new guys. The act of that kind of rape is low enough in private, but to shamelessly announce it publicly just adds to the absurdity ten fold

Isn't Bakasana a friend of yours? Or am I missing somthing here?

c2626130237d696b56402ff314c1bc37.jpg

No, it's a serious question. Maybe it's better to clear this up. There's so much talk about flippers so who really are these people then, and who associates with them. If it's brought up as a topic of discussion than let's discuss it,keep it civil of course and that includes myself.

But again just wondering who is who here.

Lakhota you've opened up this can of worms. Now I think you should give the collectors alittle bit more credit right? I can understand a quick sellout based on hype, which seems to be the main component of collecting these days, but to say that flipping is the sole motivation of all the hype is pretty irresponsible. If anything from some of the previous posts, some people are more interested in bragging about their Rainman VIP status

Last edited:
I assumed it had to be some type of monetary gain due to the initial reaction of them being all sold at first then slowly being released after a few days. After the 7th day a bunch were cancelled and not repurchased. I understand things happen and not all people follow through with the purchase of the item, but to all be available at once seemed strange

I agree that the demon's goal was to shatter faith to all who were around Regan (as you said, it was explained in the dialogue between Merrin & Karis in that added scene of the extended cut), but Pazuzu's main target was always Father Merrin. That's the whole point behind the opening scene in Iraq. Merrin's archaeological dig disturbed Pazuzu's sleep and they instantly became adversaries during the stand off. In the special features Friedkin says that Merrin returned to the States after that because he knew his services were soon to be needed. Also, after Karis's first meeting with Pazuzu where he uses the alleged holy water that sends the demon into a violent fit, you can hear him wailing Merrin's name when they review the recording backwards (I suspect that the reaction to the tap water was also a trick to lure in Merrin and ensure the exorcism will get approved).

Karis appears to sacrifice himself but you just can't take that for surface value and that situation can be read much deeper. The demon is a liar, trickster and manipulator. I interpreted this as him tricking Karis into suicide which subjectively can be considered as a mortal sin. Yes, the act freed Regan but it was a trade that the demon was happy to make

Yeah, the prologue is foreshadowing the face off to come but Merrin didn't become an adversary of Pazuzu during the opening scene though. It's actually addressed in the film that he had already faced Pazuzu previously and succesfully exorcised him from a young boy years before, nearly losing his life in the process. Hence the look of recognition and fear In Regan's eyes when Merrin arrives at the house.

The 'enforced suicide as sin' interpretation of the ending is not one I've heard anyone state before. According to the claims of the filmakers themselves, and the way I've always seen it, is Karras intentionally makes the ultimate sacrifice by giving his life to save an innocent. There's supposed to be Christ parallels at play.

Then again, there's no right or wrong, people are always going to have their own take on things and i guess.....you've always got Legion/The Exorcist III if you want to think of Karras ending up as a puppet like victim.

Thanks. I was going to head over to RM's site.
Looks absolutely amazing. But no d@mned way. Even at 1/6 the thing would freak me out. I'd be scared the dolly would float up the stairs one night, head spinning and vomiting up green demon puke on me. Yes I'm a 6'2" 200lb wuss when it comes to the Exorcist. So sue me.

Why is that even a matter of concern for you? Did you buy anything to support Lees efforts on this because you seemed very concerned about why it hasn't sold out yet? Does that even matter. It's not sold out, no big deal. Does it make his effort any less great because of it's not sold out?

First there was a lot of talk from the opposition about how this character wasn't a good choice....when in fact it's a GENIUS choice by Lee to do this, than as progress pics started floating around a lot of suspect collectors started changing their tune and commenting about their expertise on the film and what it represents...yada, yada, yada. The figure sold out and once again the usual suspects came out singing praise for it. Then all of a sudden it's not a sell out and the praise now goes back to "I told you so" and a discussion about bad subject material and flipping?

Now we have an forum member who openly admitted to taking advantage of new collector. What purpose does that serve?

Last edited:
Back