Rainman's new project: the elephant man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maan This is my first Rainman figure,i went for the Fullset 2... and i'm really exited to recive it!!!!This is a gem!Hope soooon!:bouncin:bouncin

Rainman posted on his website that painting for the Elephant Man was taking longer than planned, and that shipping would be this month.

Anybody else notice that Bernard Pomerantz, the playwright who brought John Merrick to the Broadway stage and to modern public awareness, just died?

Just got a notice on shipping for this.

I logged on to see all of the discussion around this impending figure of genius......

Zippo.

Just arrived as I was on my way out. Not got time to unbox him properly as I'm running late as is.

20171003_160210.jpg

20171003_160306.jpg

20171003_160336.jpg

Received mine as well and it makes my day. And my month. And, let's say, my years of collecting.
At a time where such talented guys as Balloon Man & Yh Ha are kind of upgrading his classics, Rainman still remains an ultimate reference in the 1/6 world, and he proves it again with what I consider his masterpiece.
Who else today is able to re-build & paint a whole body on such an EXTRA-ORDINARY (in every meaning) figure ?...
Of course this singular character (from an atypical director's flick) does not drain interest from everyone. But for me (and I guess for the 19 other lucky ones), as said before, this is a "movie addict toy collector dream came true". I can die now.

Received mine as well and it makes my day. And my month. And, let's say, my years of collecting.
At a time where such talented guys as Balloon Man & Yh Ha are kind of upgrading his classics, Rainman still remains an ultimate reference in the 1/6 world, and he proves it again with what I consider his masterpiece.
Who else today is able to re-build & paint a whole body on such an EXTRA-ORDINARY (in every meaning) figure ?...
Of course this singular character (from an atypical director's flick) does not drain interest from everyone. But for me (and I guess for the 19 other lucky ones), as said before, this is a "movie addict toy collector dream came true". I can die now.

I agree with everything said here. This is an excellent reminder of who the king truly is. Hordes of imitators get thrown back when they run into his standards. Incredible, and this piece speaks volume. Show stopper. Pictures do not come close to doing it justice.

Rob thank you very much for those pics, this is not a 1/6 toy, this is one of the best figures from rainman,we can see he really care about this project, I know the movie is not for everybody but this is a masterpiece, maybe the figure of 2017 in terms of detail and likeness

Back