Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with fergo's axe...non of that will be a problem since its made with real wood...i'm actually not too worried about the shirt but since I did pay over 2600 for this...I would atleast like for RM to make an attempt at fixing that like he did the Butcher vests...eye color....its bleh to me...but I know we are an OCD bunch so that will eat at the souls of many...LOL

I have the correct plaid pattern for the shirt. It's certainly the closest plaid combination and color to the film. Let's see if we can get a run of shirts going because I'm loving this figure and I want to keep adding to its charm. I don't mind paying for a new shirt so as to just avoid bothering Lee about this.

I don't think the open ordering had any merit on the problems people are picking out on Torrance. The head size, unrealistic axe, the twins scale and color of the shirts are all preproduction regardless of edition size

Yea I really don't see this taking much of a hit because of the extended size. Actually the one and only thing I can see that suffered are the boots. They were fully painted in the proto and all he painted in production were the eyelets, leather trim on the back and he dry brushed some weathering around the toe. They color that they are is the color of the resin they were casted in (you can see in the protos that the sole is the raw resin color, and the rest of the boot is painted a light brown).

A hit in production??? Everything we got was as shown in the protos or BETTER!!! The axe was something that should have been brought up more often early on. We all saw what it looked like in the protos, and we all got what was shown. We all new it would've been more fitting for this level of offering if at least the head was metal, but it got mentioned a couple of times and fizzled out. Endless talk of "flips" and "curls" overshadowed anything else that should have been focused on more.

Aside from the boots and this green/brown eye thing, we got everything as advertised AND THEN SOME

I agree! Not by a lot, but it is too long.

It's not by a lot but it is a touch big. Like Pedro said we should chop it up and see what the majority thinks before he puts the call in. Personally I'd say it's only needs to lose about ½"-¾". At that reduction it would still be big and scary :lol, but that's enough to make it look normal because it does look over-scaled as is

What does everyone else think?

I'm gonna have a hell of a chuckle going back in this thread and reading up on some of "those earlier comments" about more not making a difference and yada yada yada Lee wants to continue doing these large runs..... :rotfl

Enjoy your figures boys, you got what you asked for and now Rainman finally came back to his senses about his approach to product releases.

Last edited:
Please add me to the axe list.
I also agree the RM axe is slightly large.

I didn't dig deep but just poking around quickly it looks like firemen axes come in 28", 32" and 36". I'd say this Jack's is definitely a 36"; that would translate to 6" by scale and I believe Rainman's is 7½" (someone please verify or corrct me if I'm wrong)

That said, I don't feel that everything works perfectly being scaled to that formula because a lot of aspects of these figures aren't scaled perfectly starting with the hands. I think that that shaving it down to 7" will be a noticeable improvement as it won't appear too big, and while actually measuring 3'6" by scale, it'll work for 1/6

Anyone have an Iminime Bateman? Mines packed away right now. I'd like to hear the measurement on his axe if anyone has it handy

Very well summarized!

Yea I really don't see this taking much of a hit because of the extended size. Actually the one and only thing I can see that suffered are the boots. They were fully painted in the proto and all he painted in production were the eyelets, leather trim on the back and he dry brushed some weathering around the toe. They color that they are is the color of the resin they were casted in (you can see in the protos that the sole is the raw resin color, and the rest of the boot is painted a light brown).

A hit in production??? Everything we got was as shown in the protos or BETTER!!! The axe was something that should have been brought up more often early on. We all saw what it looked like in the protos, and we all got what was shown. We all new it would've been more fitting for this level of offering if at least the head was metal, but it got mentioned a couple of times and fizzled out. Endless talk of "flips" and "curls" overshadowed anything else that should have been focused on more.

Aside from the boots and this green/brown eye thing, we got everything as advertised AND THEN SOME

It's not by a lot but it is a touch big. Like Pedro said we should chop it up and see what the majority thinks before he puts the call in. Personally I'd say it's only needs to lose about ½"-¾". At that reduction it would still be big and scary :lol, but that's enough to make it look normal because it does look over-scaled as is

What does everyone else think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha agree 100% with this.

Yeah, I'm with you. We've seen things like this on various releases in the past where edition size wasn't a concern--think of Marty's shoes that weren't weathered though they were initially supposed to be, or Jules' crappy shoes, or the sloppy blood paint on the Butcher V2 pig head, etc. Rainman's not perfect, and is not always going to devote as much attention to every detail of a release as we all would like.

Looking back at Nicholson's actual eye color, I was initially a bit bummed that I didn't get one of the green variants, but now I think I like the brown just as much. If a single color had to be chosen for his eyes, an olive drab green would have seemed most appropriate, so neither is really better or worse IMO.

The twins flip and curl hair were just as important as the Danny hair changes. A plastic axe were the least of those worries because that's an easy fix. But it makes sense that the people who don't really have a keen eye for detail would focus on the least important of all the revisions that needed to be made. Point is Rainman knew enough to see the importance of making the twins hair styles different, and made revisions to Danny's original helmet hair. The axe is an easy fix....and trying to determine the accurate size of the axe for accuracy by "determining" it's off by 1 3/4" inch or whatever is Hilarious :lol Who gives a ****! Just make it look like Rainmans....brolic and menacing.... with real wood and metal.

TChing-TheShiningWEB.png

^^^ I don't think it has to do with grand vs dx vs full. My personal view he made one batch with brown and one with green and since packaging happens afterwards in a bunch and also cause dx and grand have a 'full set Jack' within their individual sets - it will be at best random! Cause while packing he may have just put them in one by one!

The only pattern if at all - Would depend on how many he made brown vs green - cause he may have packed most of one color and then the other in a series there by skewing it to dx or full or grand! (But all purely unintentional imo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The likeness of the "twins", hair, facial sculpts... varied and I addressed to him, I constantly harped on it... they are great, but definitely an artistic stroke was used there, not accuracy.

No, haven't futz the figure aside from just putting that axe in his hand. Axe is pretty long but whatever, it's a firemans axe. The neck can be adjusted, some more padding is possible I'm sure of it. Tons of stuff to work with to make it just right to anyone's liking. But out the box looking this good!.....feeling I got when I pulled out Bill 1&2, Anton. It means it's a hitter!
Yah, lets pull up those "old" quotes of dissension and how this figure was talked about. And I quote, "whatever, it's a firemans axe."

7F53ECF6-C887-489B-A95B-72F4174680F6_zpsa0rqepzm.jpg

EPIC! Straight out the box.

Rainman got the swollen tired bags underneath the eyes and pale complexion. That manic peverted tired look! :panic:

Boots are painted perfectly, look worn and just like film. Paint job is immaculate. Some light futzing and steam out the clothing a bit to shape the jacket to my liking and presto! Lee is a machine! Figure is too much fun. Years of enjoyment from this one.
MASTERPIECE!!! Thank You Rainman! :panic:

Danny is too Sick! Twins too Sick! This set man.....my lord! :horror:

Yup...

What's a bakasana? Are you the yoga pose guy?

You sure you in the right section? The For Sale thread is the other one. :rotfl

First things first....let me ask this question so that I can figure out who I'm talking too here. Are you a Grand Package owner? There's 46 of us. Share some pics of yours and these grips and suggestions you made to Lee because this is the first time I see the name bakasana.

Post those pics playboy, show me what suggestions you were making that needed to be improved.

Mine was fresh out the box, I wasn't complaining. I have no major issues about anything in my set, nothing that isn't a small fix but based on other peoples pics I see there are some issues most obvious being the eye color. What color eyes did you get?. The axe is long and it's supposed to be. I see what Rainman was doing there. He made the axe look more menacing and it works. You where chiming in about likenesses early on in this thread? Really? I need to take another look then because I don't recall seeing your feedback, but let me get back to you on that.

Last edited:
Back