Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
realistically, you almost expect it to happen. There's no obligation to add it to your cart and checkout until you pay so...Why not "secure" a set and give yourself some time to think? Completely understandable and probably expected on rainman's end.

I'm still debating over whether to go with the DX or the full set, and have checked both out. Freakin' $1,200. . .justifying it is hard, but damn do I want that Danny and trike. My fear is that the longer I procrastinate, the greater the chance that Rainman will pull these out any day without notice, and I'll be left with nothing! I say this as in the past he has canceled orders after 3 days (though he told folks ahead of time it would happen), and I think 5 days.

I'm still debating over whether to go with the DX or the full set, and have checked both out. Freakin' $1,200. . .justifying it is hard, but damn do I want that Danny and trike. My fear is that the longer I procrastinate, the greater the chance that Rainman will pull these out any day without notice, and I'll be left with nothing! I say this as in the past he has canceled orders after 3 days (though he told folks ahead of time it would happen), and I think 5 days.

All i'm gonna say, Nothing like trike will be made again and in such detail! :thud:

no words can describe how excited i am for my first rainman figure :) congrats to those who got what they wanted :yess:

That's actually one of my thoughts. This is not going to happen again. Now or never at this level of quality. . .dammit :lol

Just do it if you got it and sort it out later brother. Odd's are some new freaks will trickle in around shipping time and will be wanting to play catch up. You can't lose and you really don't want to regret missing this!

And like that the grand package is gone again!

After all the talk about the need to have an open ended order to combat flipping and aftermarket sales, I want to see if it really proves that point when all is said and done. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we end up seeing a flood of these items for sale on ebay or aftermarket threads.

Theres always a flood of sales once pieces get in hand on the last few figures. Starting with Anton it was more prominent. More pieces were made and new people jumped on the bandwagon then realized they couldn't hang. I expect a bit of that in the beginning but once all is sorted they will dissapear like the rest.

well rainman has allowed people who want it to be able to get it, compared to the old way where maybe 20 DX and 20 FS would allow 40 of the hypothetical 70 collectors to own it, the 30 left will be in tears. It's just that now whoever bought one or however many of the 40 cannot resell or scalp it if it's in their intention to do so because all 70 are accounted for and get what they want. Newcomers and people who just completely missed out at the time will have to buy it off secondary markets, i am sure people have bought a FS or even DX, or even hard core speculators buying the grand package only to resell it to make a profit down the road, but it's just how it is. Rainman's done the best he can in my opinion, so props to him :)

Kinda have regrets now about the full set i ordered.Should have pulled the trigger on the DX set :(
But it's no biggie.What's done is done,nothing i can do now...

Btw,i talked to SSF member Mudblood just now.He might do a dio or two for this set because there were quite a few that had messaged him about it.

Last edited:
Back