Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freud called it the "uncanny." I did my Masters Thesis on this movie - talked about that a LOT.

Wow you got your Masters? That's a lot of discipline to get through that much school, I got my associates degree in culinary and I know how much work that was. I could not imagine Your student loans, I'm still paying mine from 2003!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to admit, my finger hovered over my shopping cart...but...nup, not going to do it.

Good luck to whoever decides to step up (although can't really understand why RM isn't just letting cancellations slide into the ether?)

I don't blame him. He's only doing the one run so the cancelled spots should go to someone, if possible. If I were him, I'd wouldn't want to forego the revenue, either.

in my opinion, those who are cancelling or backing out should be done with - no more chances, and their set erased from the final numbers.

this way it just puts the set back up there for them to think about, and if they buy it again it gives them 7 more days to pay. This could be done over and over. and in no way was it a 24 hour limited release if this is whats going on.
please someone communicate this to Lee.

EDIT: someone must have grabbed that set real quick.

All people have to do is put it in their cart but not pay for it and It will be taken off the for-sale page. I think lots of people checked out a grand package but are taking the seven days to decide, so basically it's a seven day decision until payment is placed. I think the numbers will be a lot different when the payment due expires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in my opinion, those who are cancelling or backing out should be done with - no more chances, and their set erased from the final numbers.

this way it just puts the set back up there for them to think about, and if they buy it again it gives them 7 more days to pay. This could be done over and over. and in no way was it a 24 hour limited release if this is whats going on.
please someone communicate this to Lee.

Agreed!:hi5: I just sent payment for Dx:yess: Picked up this. The Twins will be There in Photo Form.:lol

I kinda didn't want to think it was about revenue...but hey, the guy's gotta eat!

On another note:

If you haven't already, check out ("Go check it out, Wendy!") Lee Unkrich's website: The Overlook Hotel (theoverlookhotel.com). He's the director of "Finding Nemo" and "Toy Story 3", and is apparently quite the fan addict and collector of props (Robbie, you might contact him?) and little known facts. I've only had a quick look, but it seems quite fascinating, so far.
m

This will be many of us soon. Love this pic.

tumblr_mterfoePqF1r858p5o1_1280.jpg

Back