Rainman David, Marty & Max Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainman David, Marty & Max

• David Lost Boys

Votes: 42 24.9%
  • Marty Mcfly BTTF

Votes: 68 40.2%
  • Road Warrior Max

Votes: 59 34.9%

• Total voters
Dude.... Simple answer: This would be a Rainman Mad Max. Period.

ps. Spencer already an awesome Ramirez complete with clothes and accessories. You may want to contact him or put a want to buy ad and someone might want to sell theirs.

I was interested in Spenser's set but at the time he wasn't willing to sell just the clothes.

So 46 people are saying they are interested in buying a $700 Mad Max figure, but no one is interested in the head that's being offered in the sale section? With all the recipes that have appeared on this board and that head you could put together a really nice MM for less than half of what this would cost. I didn't vote because I haven't seen any figure I could pay that kind of money for. However I might change my mind if RM made a Ramirez from Highlander. I find it interesting how so many people say they want something, then when it's time to pony up the money they disappear. Good luck to RM's regular customers. Hope you get what you want.

Max's outfit isn't that easy to make. No one makes a accurate leather jacket and the leg brace is tricky.

That said, i would prolly be down for a rainman sculpt and bits and pieces as I already have most of my figure done.

Stop voting for Max, BUTT-HEADS!

images-2.jpg

So 46 people are saying they are interested in buying a $700 Mad Max figure, but no one is interested in the head that's being offered in the sale section? With all the recipes that have appeared on this board and that head you could put together a really nice MM for less than half of what this would cost. I didn't vote because I haven't seen any figure I could pay that kind of money for. However I might change my mind if RM made a Ramirez from Highlander. I find it interesting how so many people say they want something, then when it's time to pony up the money they disappear. Good luck to RM's regular customers. Hope you get what you want.

All the mad max sculpts I have ever seen available on this board have never captured the likeness to the degree that Raiman would in my opinion. I know Snyder's sculpt is decent but still not up to scratch for the price he is charging IMO. Even if I was to get a sculpt, I would then have the custom skills of Elvis to get the outfit to look anywhere near close to the detail that would be needed for the outfit.

I personally think that Max (like him or not) is definitely worthy of a Rainman collectable.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

EFNYWeapons.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlXHCykk7fU"]Escape from New York - What did I teach you? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udBf_u_pYVU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udBf_u_pYVU[/ame]

All the mad max sculpts I have ever seen available on this board have never captured the likeness to the degree that Raiman would in my opinion. I know Snyder's sculpt is decent but still not up to scratch for the price he is charging IMO. Even if I was to get a sculpt, I would then have the custom skills of Elvis to get the outfit to look anywhere near close to the detail that would be needed for the outfit.

I personally think that Max (like him or not) is definitely worthy of a Rainman collectable.

It's all a matter of perspective. If that same sculpt was posted as a Rainman piece half the people in this thread would probably wet themselves. And then pay RM three times what the other sculptor is charging for the same thing.

Rainman's unpainted sculpts are around $50 from what I've seen. Others are charging around $15 for theirs??

My interest in Rainman has been as much his outfits/accessories and paint work as it has been head sculpts, frankly. If I could do my own customs with just a head, I'm sure I would be equally big fans of some of the other customizers 'round here.

It's all a matter of perspective. If that same sculpt was posted as a Rainman piece half the people in this thread would probably wet themselves. And then pay RM three times what the other sculptor is charging for the same thing.

Perspective has nothing to do with it. I know if an artist has captured a likeness that I connect with or not. If that same sculpt was posted as a RM piece, I'd still pass on it because while it's decent, the likeness is still not there IMO.

However, people are confident that RM will deliver the highest quality in sculpt likeness, paint and tailoring since his releass of Alex, the Dude and Bill. RM has proven himself time and time again.

Perspective has nothing to do with it. I know if an artist has captured a likeness that I connect with or not. If that same sculpt was posted as a RM piece, I'd still pass on it because while it's decent, the likeness is still not there IMO.

However, people are confident that RM will deliver the highest quality in sculpt likeness, paint and tailoring since his releass of Alex, the Dude and Bill. RM has proven himself time and time again.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Besides Rainman's interest thread isn't the place to be discussing other artist work. No harm intended.

This would make a really cool figure. But there would probably be 3 sales.

But one would be me.

If this ever happened it needs to go all the way and include Death and the chess set. I think I remember seeing a sculpt several years ago that was planned as a gargae kit, but never poduced.

Back