Rainman Artwork 2013 Pulp Fiction Project 2- Jules the Shepard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jules paid a visit to Barneys today and upgraded his footwear! 100X's better now! :panic:

Thanks again Pops for hookin' Jules up with the proper footwear brother!! :1-1::hi5: He just traded his Payless shoes for some Duckie Browns! :lol

BEFORE:
null_zps5f825785.jpg

AFTER:
null_zps2b2217e4.jpg

null_zps719161b6.jpg

He's no Payless dude, he's a Bergdorf man!! That boy is paid!!

Looking sharp daddio!

My pleasure and I'm glad they got there quickly :hi5:

emarae I love your dork version guys! WOW! The scene in Big Kahuna is my favorite!

Makes me rethink the fact that I did not try to get Dork Jules :(

emarae, where or who made that headsculpt of Jules behind the RM ones?....really interested in that one!!!...looks 100% like Jules!!

i really hope the response is not "we all look alike"...lol...kidding but there is a CLEAR difference...i'm sure i'm not the only one that sees that if others have also mentioned it!

Last edited:
emarae, where or who made that headsculpt of Jules behind the RM ones?....really interested in that one!!!...looks 100% like Jules!!

I believe that's the Head Play sculpt that Marlo added more hair to. He has some YouTube vids on it.

Just having some fun! Gotta get some feet over to Robbie soon to hook up with flip flops! LOL..!

dorks3_zpsdf21748c.jpg

dorks4_zpsdbbaa169.jpg

What body do you have suited Jules on? He looks good and skinny! Whatever it is it's doing a good job in slimming the suit down.

Are those the ZCWO feet?

emarae I love your dork version guys! WOW! The scene in Big Kahuna is my favorite!

Makes me rethink the fact that I did not try to get Dork Jules

Thanks for the kind words! I love the dork clothes and to me, these were all about just having fun with these characters! In the end, I think you can get more reaction from them as they have more "character" than the standard black suits.

Emarae, thats a good looking bashed Jules sculpt. Is that sculpt from the spirit action figure?

JP, you got it, bro! I had to have Pulp Fiction in the collection, so I did my bashes a couple years ago now and I had no choice back then but to bash my own Jules as I didn't like the other options. It was my first time using Apoxy Sculpt, but to this day I'm still quite satisfied with the results. RM killed it with the texture on the fro compared to mine, but I think I got closer to the shape that I wanted it to have.

Those are great shots. That really makes the Dork clothes stand out. :clap:clap

Again, thanks so much! The dork clothes are just fun and even though we can all be picky about the visible joints, I can put a blind eye to it and just enjoy having fun with these characters in their "off duty" clothes!

Wow dork clothes is where its at! :panic:

I like that look better than the suits.

I need to send feet to Robbie as well.

Yup, dork clothes are fun as hell and more visually interesting if you do it right!

Nice job Marlo! Was almost sold on the dork gear but still love me these sleek suited dudes!

The sleek suited dudes is iconic for sure, so you gotta have those for sure, bro! But after that mess trying to get the boys to look just right and proper, it's nice to let them just all hang out! :lol

One day a "suit"-table body will be made for those dork clothes. :lol

For sure there will be something, but in the meantime, I'm not gonna stress myself out over it and spend all kinds of money on it when these dork clothes, at least for me, just represent a more "fun" version of these hit men that I think we can all just have some fun with!

Great work marlo

Thanks, Francisco! Damn shame I didn't see you at Famcon for some reason! :dunno

Like I mentioned, I made this a couple years back as I needed 1/6 Pulp Fiction in my life bad! I used the HT Octopus head and modded the hair over it and did a bit of repainting. Here's one of my vids on the process... [ame]https://youtu.be/ErEq7WRxg1s[/ame]

He mentioned it a while back that it was reworked Octopus head, can't remember if it was a thread or his youtube review.

I think I mentioned it a few times in various threads and definitely on my YouTube vids. See above for more..! :wink1:

I believe that's the Head Play sculpt that Marlo added more hair to. He has some YouTube vids on it.

It was the Hot Toys Octopus sculpt. Again, see above for more! :hi5:

What body do you have suited Jules on? He looks good and skinny! Whatever it is it's doing a good job in slimming the suit down.

Suited Jules is just on a Narrow shoulder TT. I think the head sculpt I used from the HT Octopus had a longer neck, so it worked out better for me to use as the suited Jules with RM's awesome suits! :)

Are those the ZCWO feet?

For Vega, I just used some left over feet from a ACI Andrew figure and for Jules I used some extra Kaustic Plastik feet. I had to drill out both feet a bit with a dremel to fit the HT foot pegs and also repainted the feet for Jules. My color matching isn't quite right, but I'll try another pass at it before I send them off to Robbie to have flip flops added. Again, I just wanted to have some fun with these and share a few pics to lighten the mood here! :lol

Last edited:
thanks Emarae...i just bought the only loose head on ebay...LOL....i will be trying my hand at sculpting that hair...:)

Wow! Well, like I said, I didn't have much of a choice back then, but now we have a little more options. Even trying to add a bit more hair to RM's sculpt might be cool. But if you're willing to give it a shot, good luck with it! You'll have to paint out the eye tattoos that the Octopus has and also part of his beard. You might have better luck with the hair than I did as it was my first time trying to use Apoxy Sculpt and I had no reference really for Jules hair texture. I think RM did an amazing job with that part, so try to emulate that if you can.

Back