Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just need the right glasses.

ZgtJniW.jpg

Exactly! Can't wait for Robbie to have some free time.:pray:

If only eyes didn't contribute to one's likeness. . .but yeah, those Robbie glasses will make a world of difference. The Rainman ones really miss the mark, as do a handful of others I have tried.

Not that anyone has attacked rainman's glasses, but to be fair, he offered a good solution that could be mass produced with some strength even though its not ideal. His other option would have been resin and there is no way they could have been handle. Even my metal ones are too fragile. That's why there is the delay in me offering them.

Yeah, as I recall he initially balked at doing them at all for those reasons. Considering the time constraints he puts on every release, I think the issues with them are understandable, but they don't really scream Travis Bickle to me.

Pop... all this is fine... We need right glasses to make him look accurate etc... That the accessories are hard to find, that the tailoring is awesome and no one can come close.... I have a simple way to look at it... These are custom art, and the head sculpt should be like RDN (near perfect) even without glasses and or accesories. Its quite a failure in that department and i have that figure right in front of me when i say that. All the sculpts i put in my quote, bill by rainman to blondie from iminime to even godfather from hot toys... None of them need any glasses or hat, or guns to make them look like the the original human counterparts... Just as is those sculpts are a piece of art... Plain and simple... Need no further reinforcement... No accesories etc. in that department trust me its a question of plain simple admitting that the likeness on bickle is just not there.
Do i love the outfit he made... Absolutely, the guns... Sure i do, the boots, simply awesome, but .... the head sculpt is definitely weak... Quite weak!

I get what you mean but to understand and truly appreciate these sets for what they are, you can't base the whole value on the level of likeness. Do you think HT always hits it out of the park? In reality if you tallied up all of HT hits compared to their misses you'd be look at around a 60/40 ratio. And when they do hit I don't really feel like it's ever a TOTAL grand slam. What did they ever give us that's pure perfection? DX08 Joker? Wayne? Stark? Their best IMO isn't better than Blitzway's Carlito or Enterbay's Jordan & Agent K. Likeness is very important, no doubt but you have to look past that at what the entire set is made of to properly judge.

A set like Bickle is the epitome of what customs are all about. Where on Earth are you going to find a 1/6 nickel-plated snub nose .38 with pearl grips on the market. Or how about that hand-cannon of a .44 beast? Those guns themselves are near impossible to find, much less top quality casts with top quality paint in the accurate colors. That arm-slide and those gun rigs are the very definition of custom. That belt buckle is a work of art in and of itself. Hand crafted, real silver and super accurate???!!! Come on man!!! What do you think HT's version of that would look like? That crappy thing that doesn't want to close that we got in the original Wolverine set? It goes without saying that the outfit & boots are completely custom and can't be found to the same level of accuracy nor quality anywhere on the market.

As far as comparing RM to Iminime... I think that you're basing your judgment primarily on pictures. Take it from someone who has a fair amount from each producer, Iminime pieces aren't on Rainman's level. I say that with the utmost respect to Denny; I have nothing but love for him and I've been an Iminime supporter from their very start (and of course I will continue to be) but quite honestly it's the truth. I won't make an item by item comparisons between the two products because there's no way for me to do that without sounding like I'm picking Iminime apart, but there are differences on multiple levels. The early Iminime stuff can’t even be compared to RM’s (and understandably so because they were just starting out), but now that they’ve gotten past their growing pains for the most part, the only set that I can say is somewhat close to RM’s quality is Bateman (and I’m not being biased :D). As fantastic as Bateman is he’s extremely close, but still not 1000% on par with what we’ve come to expect from a RM set. I’d say Blondie is up there but the two parts of the set that make it most interesting didn’t even come from Iminime (Trev’s sculpt and Battlegear’s gun belt).

No one here is saying that RM is the best sculptor in the world, or he's a perfect person and can do no wrong, but he's earned his spot in the top tier of the customs world for very good reasons

Well... you either get it... or you you don't :lol. I agree the sculpts aren't bang on but I definitely wouldn't go as far as calling them "quite weak". We all wanted to see the nose improved and it was suggested by many of us. He said he would but it never happened and that's too bad. It would have been a sizable improvement if it was tweaked

Well... you either get it... or you you don't :lol. I agree the sculpts aren't bang on but I definitely wouldn't go as far as calling them "quite weak". We all wanted to see the nose improved and it was suggested by many of us. He said he would but it never happened and that's too bad. It would have been a sizable improvement if it was tweaked

Should have, would have, could have.. But it dint happen... I get it completely ;)

So you mean with those #0's it ended up being a little more ?

Exactly ,

At first the edition size for the DX was 20 only , then we asked him to open more & he officially increased the ES & opened another 5 "DX" spots

After that Rainman boss have opened a few more fullsets & DX's by mistake LOL

Fortunately the time of that mistake some people were checking the site :hi5: & they placed a handful of these too :lol

Lastly Rainman have sent an email to these ppl & asked them if they are okay to get a #0 cert or he can refund them if they want.

Exactly ,

At first the edition size for the DX was 20 only , then we asked him to open more & he officially increased the ES & opened another 5 "DX" spots

After that Rainman boss have opened a few more fullsets & DX's by mistake LOL

Fortunately the time of that mistake some people were checking the site :hi5: & they placed a handful of these too :lol

Lastly Rainman have sent an email to these ppl & asked them if they are okay to get a #0 cert or he can refund them if they want.

OMG, the poor guy was drowning in Bickle :lol

speaking of bickle, did anyone successfully zip up Driver's jacket? I got my Heisenberg jacket from Yunsil and I cannot get it to unzip. I couldn't zip up Driver's jacket either and same thing happened with the soldier jacket, it did not unzip, I had to slip it on him. Is this normal or am I just a total noob with Yunsil Jackets?

I was under the impression that the couldn't open so I never tried but I see that Chili & Marf (was it?) got their Heisenberg jacket open so IDK.

I’d assume that you could get it open but it’s not meant to be opened.

If anybody want to sell RM Travis jeans and boots please pm me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back