Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking forward to it too, tim. think this will be a kick-*** release, for sure. got in my bruce lee body for the arms swap and looking at the body makes me think about the figure arriving more haha. finally got myself to put it back in the box and hide it from sight.

so i have received both the EB lee GOD bod and the dx04 Lee ttm and aesthetically i prefer the EB, also it is leaner than the dx arms. the difference isnt massive or anything and i imagine the EB will be more difficult to swap... anyway just throwing it out there.

so i have received both the EB lee GOD bod and the dx04 Lee ttm and aesthetically i prefer the EB, also it is leaner than the dx arms. the difference isnt massive or anything and i imagine the EB will be more difficult to swap... anyway just throwing it out there.

Post some pics man ?

I think skin tone is going to be a big issue with the substitute arms/bodies. The EB arms are rubber, right? If so, painting/dyeing them might be really tricky. On the other hand, the stock arms apparently aren't going to match either. . .

Can you share some more of your thoughts on the EB GOD?

Are there apparent QC issues? How's the tightness of the joints (hold a pose/stand sturdily on it's own)? How passible is the skin tone? It seemed pretty good in mightq's pics a while back.

I'm assuming that the best bet in going with that body is to just do a full swap instead of frankensteining, right?

I'm guessing that the most official way to use both bodies would be: 1) full body with the EB and forget about RM's chest piece, 2) if you do the arm swap with the HT BL, you'll probably need a color match with sculpt, chest piece & arms

hey guys sorry i didnt see ythe request for pics last night. will try to get to them today.

as for the color difference, i cant say for certain how drastic it will be but one option--if they really look awful with the chestpiece--is to just use the EB body as is for the shirtless version with the holster. but then i will have to figure out the chest hair....
anyway, if the swap doesnt really work out, i'm sure i can figure another use for the extra body easily.

as for qc, mike, i havent messed with it too much--put it back in the box until the moment of truth--but i think it stacks up well. have always shied away from seamless bodies in the past as theytended to get ugly when posed: their skin bunching up and sitting strangely near a bent joint. i have not found this to be the case with this body tho. at leastnot yet. when i post the pics, i will be sure to include some posed.
and yeah, i agree with you about possibly just forsaking the chest piece for the shirtless version but it does seem a bit of a shame to lose. i do have an extra painted driver sculpt i can use on the eb shirtless body--so i wont have to take apart the full set--but then the accurate chest pieces stay hidden under the clothing. but whatever, quality problems, as theysay.

hey guys sorry i didnt see ythe request for pics last night. will try to get to them today.

as for the color difference, i cant say for certain how drastic it will be but one option--if they really look awful with the chestpiece--is to just use the EB body as is for the shirtless version with the holster. but then i will have to figure out the chest hair....
anyway, if the swap doesnt really work out, i'm sure i can figure another use for the extra body easily.

I also have the EB Lee body and judging from how pale the Bickle sculpt looks...I don't think it will match well at all but it might be passable. Using RMs chest piece and HT BL arms aren't gonna match that well though either and have ugly joints..:dunno

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think they're just plastic, so that should work. But from my understanding painting joints effectively can be difficult, requiring additional mods such as shaving off some of the joint to reduce potential wear on the paint.

Elvis1976 used a dyeing process for Hot Toys PVC bodies (Darth Maul). My guess is you could use something similar for rubber bodies, but trying to get human skin tone right via dyeing would seem extremely difficult. Based on his input, I don't think paint would work.

Er. . .what? :lol I haven't had any experiences myself, but Elvis has, and I'm just trying to reiterate what I've seen him say. Of course, it would be great if someone with experiences of their own chimed in.

Best to just wait and see how the skin tones match up/ don't match up once we get these in hand. Pretty sure guys like Elvis or Surfer can make a better judgement call then.

Are the EB GOD bodies cheaper than Hottoys BL bodies? I'm liking the arms on the EB GOD.

Elvis1976 used a dyeing process for Hot Toys PVC bodies (Darth Maul). My guess is you could use something similar for rubber bodies, but trying to get human skin tone right via dyeing would seem extremely difficult. Based on his input, I don't think paint would work.

Why not ask a REAL professional painter like silent surfer? :dunno

Are you implying that Seb is not a REAL professional painter? What's your problem? What are you trying to achieve with that comment and those Caps?

Last edited:
Dying a body a paler colour is not possible.

I already dye lots of bodies but always to get something like red or blue. Dying a bruce lee body a paler colour or even a skintone colour is impossible.

So yes painting is possible but yes the paint will probably not hold around the joints if you pose the figure too much. Alos you will probably have to repaint the whole thing so everything match properly.

But hey it seams that i'm not a REAL professional painter.

Back