Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T vs O
I posted a few things regarding the pants early on in this thread. Did he wear 2 shades of blue pants in the film??? ive seen pics where the pants look lighter not this dark..

He did. The darker wash is more fitting for the Soldier look but a lighter wash would be accurate for the Driver. Now that's something that I'd say present to Kato because we know that we won't get that change from RM at this point

The SS jacket can be unbuttoned to give that loose look to the sleeves..

IMAG2109_zps569623d3.jpg

I think it had velcro to fasten the wrists no? and i used to have an old m65, forgot how they fastened! lol

Yes velcro on the side and to hold up the inner flap. Judging by Rainmans tailors M-65 I'm pretty sure she didint do the fold out inner flap, but I guess we can't nitpick everything :lol.

He did. The darker wash is more fitting for the Soldier look but a lighter wash would be accurate for the Driver. Now that's something that I'd say present to Kato because we know that we won't get that change from RM at this point

Rainmans jeans could use more of a worn look to them, But I think its possible to mod those jeans once in hand. But even from those proto pics you can still see "stress" points where the denim is worn out.

Rainmans jeans could use more of a worn look to them, But I think its possible to mod those jeans once in hand. But even from those proto pics you can still see "stress" points where the denim is worn out.

I think so. I usually take a little sand paper to jeans to make them look worn, i dont know how many would be willing to take sandpaper their RM jeans though, lol

I'm not a mod expert by any means but I don't think that sand paper is the solution to change the color of jeans :lol

Unless you're good with dying or lightening fabric colors, I don't see an easy way of taking RM's dark wash and making them lighter. The Bros. Pro. set came with 2 different colored jeans.

I'd be for a run of lighter colored jeans by Kato if there are others out there interested

it would actually be very easy to bleach the jeans out then just die them denim blue to whichever shade you desire fellas. Luckilly for me I still do have the first run of Kato jean ready to be used if nescessary, but I didn' really think rainman's color was to terribly off?

I'm not a mod expert by any means but I don't think that sand paper is the solution to change the color of jeans :lol

Unless you're good with dying or lightening fabric colors, I don't see an easy way of taking RM's dark wash and making them lighter. The Bros. Pro. set came with 2 different colored jeans.

I'd be for a run of lighter colored jeans by Kato if there are others out there interested

A fine grade sand paper is actually correct. However I really dont see a problem with the jeans because if you look at the proto pics it has subtle worn in "stress" points. Maybe a water treatment will tone the raw denim look down a bit.

Did the Bros. prod come with two different pairs of jeans? I wasn't aware of that.

it would actually be very easy to bleach the jeans out then just die them denim blue to whichever shade you desire fellas. Luckilly for me I still do have the first run of Kato jean ready to be used if nescessary, but I didn' really think rainman's color was to terribly off?

They're not off for the Soldier look but in the begining of the movie, Travis is usually wearing a lighter color jean before he shaves his head.

A fine grade sand paper is actually correct. However I really dont see a problem with the jeans because if you look at the proto pics it has subtle worn in "stress" points. Maybe a water treatment will tone the raw denim look down a bit.

Did the Bros. prod come with two different pairs of jeans? I wasn't aware of that.

Yis sir :). I can't dig them up now but you can see the difference in those pics of the Kai figs that were posted awhile back

They're not off for the Soldier look but in the begining of the movie, Travis is usually wearing a lighter color jean before he shaves his head.

Thats actually the color of the film changing Pop. Deniro only wore one pair of jeans and one pair of boots (both belonging to Paul Schrader) throughout the film. Scorcese needed to change the saturation of the color for the final shootout in order to avoid an "X" rating due to the blood, so that plus the fact that this was filmed so many years ago probably contributed to why the jeans look different.

The worn out look is the correct wear. This is more of a weathering job thats neccessary like Bills Jacket and we all know that weathering isn't Rainmans thing.

Last edited:
Thats actually the color of the film changing Pop. Deniro only wore one pair of jeans and one pair of boots (both belonging to Paul Schrader) throughout the film. Scorcese needed to change the saturation of the color for the final shootout in order to avoid an "X" rating due to the blood, so that plus the fact that this was filmed so many years ago probably contributed to why the jeans look different.

The worn out look is the correct wear. This is more of a weathering job thats neccessary like Bills Jacket and we all know that weathering isn't Rainmans thing.

Didnt know that. wow.

I'm not sure if it was done with saturation but whatever the case is, by eye they appear to be different jeans on screen. I have to have a look at the flick again and pay closer attention but a couple of weeks ago while watching it, I thought that I caught a third color in the mix when I originally thought it was 2 different jeans

Somthing that I did notice is that the zipper on the collar of Rainmans M-65 is green when it should be silver. It is a proto jacket though so maybe it will be changed.

sorry to make you feel that way erik; i'm sad too when i think about it, when i imagine what it must be like for Lee to read thru the thread and see what some people say about him. anyway, hopefully it will chill out some after this.

This comment makes me feel pretty sad
Its too bad that there are people out there that criticize Rainmans work knowing full well what they are going to get.
I don't get get the complaints

Back