Raiders Indy PF - Exclusive heads repaint by Boot25 *NEW PICS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Raiders Indy PF - Exclusive heads repaint by Boot25

Here's the money shot!

indy9.jpg

Just stunning work. Thanks John!

That is truly exceptional! Good job. Now I'm thinking how nice it would be to have my Indy spruced up a little.

Simply amazing. How you could own this piece and not request a repaint is beyond me. The sculpt is just too darn good.

Amazing repaint. Maybe someday I will get mine repainted.

Thanks a bunch guys! These PF sculpts are a blast to paint. I have a PF Rambo figure I'm working on that I should have done very soon.

Wow. I would love to have mine repainted, even half as well as this. Even just to correct the dark tan skin tone that doesn't match the hands.

Great work.

John - you totally nailed it. That is incredible. Thanks so much for all your efforts and for putting up with my nit-picky, obsessive suggestions! :lol

Chris

Wow, that's simply amazing. Great work! Sooo much better! I've been thinking about trying to re-paint mine myself as a hobby project but since I havent really painted anything since building modelkits some 30-ish years ago I'm afraid I will mess it up... To put on a to thick layer of paint or something like that. Wouldn't like to do that. Maybe if I use the hatless head as a test object...

Is it possible that you can share any tips & tricks about the process and materials you use to achieve such a lifelike skin-tone and texture?

Hi guys,

I received the PHENOMENALLY good hatted Indy PF head from boot25 yesterday. I can't put into words how happy I am with this and wanted to show a few pics of the head proudly reunited with the statue.
Thanks boot25 for your amazing work on this. :clap

picture104.jpg

picture103.jpg

picture106.jpg

Chris

Wow, that looks spectacular :horror You should consider darkening up the jacket. I've decided to be content with my stock PF, but when you've gone as far as replacing the belt and holster and getting the head repainted by boot, you might as well go all the way!

I hear ya MarfMaster. The jacket (and boots) colour is the only thing that bothers me about this now. Why oh why did Sideshow do that to the jacket??? It's completely the wrong color and definitely needs to be fixed.
On a more positive note, I forgot to mention that Boot25 managed to perfectly match the "sable" colour of my Herbert Johnson full size Fedora. That's quite an achievement because it's actually a really tricky colour to capture correctly.

Chris

Wow, that looks spectacular :horror You should consider darkening up the jacket. I've decided to be content with my stock PF, but when you've gone as far as replacing the belt and holster and getting the head repainted by boot, you might as well go all the way!

I hear ya MarfMaster. The jacket (and boots) colour is the only thing that bothers me about this now. Why oh why did Sideshow do that to the jacket??? It's completely the wrong color and definitely needs to be fixed.
On a more positive note, I forgot to mention that Boot25 managed to perfectly match the "sable" colour of my Herbert Johnson full size Fedora. That's quite an achievement because it's actually a really tricky colour to capture correctly.

Chris

I'm pretty sure someone here used paint to recolor the jacket at some point and it turned out great. I'm sure it wouldn't take much skill, just patience. The fedora does look ace, and the weathering really sets it off, love the effect!

I just put this before and after, side by side comparison pic together and thought it would be interesting to share. Amazing what a high quality paintjob can do for this sculpt (as well as an accurate hat color).

PF-Indy-Statue-Repaint.jpg

Chris

I think this repaint is really good, but there is something lost in the eyes, compared to the original in my opinion. The white of the eye is too pink/muddy maybe, which makes me really having to look for the pupil. The skintone is great though.

Back