RAH Boba Fett at Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you gonna preorder RAH fett?

• Yes

Votes: 64 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 48.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you need to stop doing it yourself. You're one of the worst at doing it so take some of your own advice would ya. Medicom makes high end 1:6th as does SS to say otherwise is nothing more than absolute ignorance of the situation. The comments you've made of SS figures are your opinion and carry no more weight than anyone else here.

He can't knock Medicom cause he got a dud but its ok for you or others to knock SS cause you feel you got a dud or two? :rotfl

You Medicom folks crack me up. Bunch of hypocrites. :rolleyes:

I never got a dud dude,so that was never an issue for me with SS 12",Just the lack of quality and main characters.:D

I dont make Medicom/SS comparisons because most of us know you cant compare the 2.Thats like comparing a dog to a cat.:lol If you still think that SS Medicom are the same in comparison then you really are a SUPERFAN.:rotfl

P.S. Oh and was the comparison part the only thing you could pick apart in my last post Mr. josh:lol

Nah I just got bored picking apart your post. I try not to pick on the slow kids. :lol

I too had some problems with this figure coming out of the box with the velcro, shoulder pads, helmet etc. I altered most of the things I found wrong with this figure. I lowered the jetpack, shoulder bells, collar piece, repainted the silver battle damage and repositioned the helmet as well. Seems like a lot to do for a $150 figure. But instead of complaining about the imperfections, i fixed them. Maybe this will give you guys some ideas in adjusting some of those imperfections.
-Ryan

With lowered jetpack:
2003_0105Image0008.jpg

2003_0105Image0001.jpg

Adjusted collar piece inspired by Scoobacca. Cut collar out and turned it around so velcro is in back.
2007_1013Image0008.jpg

Repainted helmet with adjusted shoulder armor.
2007_1013Image0003.jpg

Group shot with my other custom Medicom clones
2003_0104Image0001.jpg

With custom display stand and a Hasbro Han Carbonite block
2007_1012Image0002.jpg

2007_1012Image0024.jpg

2007_1012Image0030.jpg

MaulFan, the grated floor is actually an outdoor drainage cover I bought a Lowe's hardware store. Just spraypainted it black and added light.

MaulFan, the grated floor is actually an outdoor drainage cover I bought a Lowe's hardware store. Just spraypainted it black and added light.

Thanks, what kind of light unit is that? I've been investigating lighting equipment ideal for shooting photos of theses figures, that seems like a nice one you have under the flooring.

Originally Posted by chavez553
Oh and I hate the SS/Medicom 12" comarison..SS makes some low end figure's we know that,and Medicom makes some high end figure's we know that too.The comments I make about SS's 12" line are warranted and have value.

Dont come crying and knockin Medicom just because you got a dud

Chavez553

I will agree that Medicoms armored figs are the best around. However, you can't honestly tell me that their Luke is better in sculpt and paint better than Sideshow's. You just can't. If you do than I would suggest a doctor.

Thanks, what kind of light unit is that? I've been investigating lighting equipment ideal for shooting photos of theses figures, that seems like a nice one you have under the flooring.

I just used a lamp/ desklight that I covered with an orange colored napkin. I had to hold it under the hole in the drainage piece to take the photo. I was thinking about getting one of those push lights/ dome lights (not sure exactly what they are called) or some sort of fishtank light with a red bulb.

I just used a lamp/ desklight that I covered with an orange colored napkin. I had to hold it under the hole in the drainage piece to take the photo. I was thinking about getting one of those push lights/ dome lights (not sure exactly what they are called) or some sort of fishtank light with a red bulb.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm exploring LED options out there, the quality is nice and the low temperatures are good too.

I'm just surprised they are there. Medicom figures dont usually require stands in order the get the figure to stay upright.

Neither do Sideshow figures, but why run the risk of figures falling off shelves and such when you can drop them onto a stand, takes nothing to rattle furniture and cause a tragedy.

Do you have any SS 12 inch figures like Han,Darth Maul,etc. so I could see how tall they would be standing next to these Medicom figures?

Yes I'll say it,Medicom has sh%# stands,so there,you happy now.:D But you know what,I pay $150 for the figure and that's what I get an awesome figure not half a figure and "beautiful" stand.:lol

Yes I'll say it,Medicom has sh%# stands,so there,you happy now.:D But you know what,I pay $150 for the figure and that's what I get an awesome figure not half a figure and "beautiful" stand.:lol

No, you get 11/12 of a beautiful figure and a ****ty stand.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back