RAH Boba Fett at Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you gonna preorder RAH fett?

• Yes

Votes: 64 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 48.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this is not 100% RAH Boba Fett but my custom at least uses the RAH Body, Helmet and Boots. :p

I'm happy with my RAH Boba after Futzing alot to make him look right so I guess my custom had to be the one picked for the photo shoot instead.

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

Last edited:
Great custom Scarlet. The more I see ROTJ paint style on Boba Fett outside of the film, the less I like it, I don't know, I guess it seems to colorful or something for Fett, where the ESB look is more dull and poor looking, kinda appropriate for a scummy bounty hunter. I'm glad Medicom did him ESB style.

Thanks MF. Yeah , I believe it's a matter of taste. I know a lot of people prefering the ROTJ version and some likng the drabby ESB colour scheme better.

Me personally use to like the ESB version but ROTJ is kinda growing on me. Maybe it's the colour of the gauntlets and the way the pouches are arranged on the belt on the ROTJ version.:confused::eek:

Thanks MF. Yeah , I believe it's a matter of taste. I know a lot of people prefering the ROTJ version and some likng the drabby ESB colour scheme better.

Me personally use to like the ESB version but ROTJ is kinda growing on me. Maybe it's the colour of the gauntlets and the way the pouches are arranged on the belt on the ROTJ version.:confused::eek:

The thing that nags me with Fett is that Jango's pack in AOTC was painted in Boba's ROTJ style, making ESB mess up continuity, especially now that Boba's insertion into ANH was done with the ROTJ gear. I like them both, just developing more appreciate for the ESB design as I collect more Fett merchandise and become a bigger fan of the character/costume.

Fantastic custom Scarlet, looks great! Wherre did you source the loose Medicom parts and what figure did you source the rest of his gear from, Marmit?

yeah Lucasfilm really messed up the continuity of Boba's costume when they released the Special Edition Trilogy. However, your configuration of ESB helmet on RoTJ armor is canon because this is how Boba Fett appeared in a number of insert shots filmed specifically for the SE version of RotJ.

Like MF though I preffer his ESB scheme, alot more understated and utilitarian.

The thing that nags me with Fett is that Jango's pack in AOTC was painted in Boba's ROTJ style, making ESB mess up continuity, especially now that Boba's insertion into ANH was done with the ROTJ gear. I like them both, just developing more appreciate for the ESB design as I collect more Fett merchandise and become a bigger fan of the character/costume.

I agree that Boba's costume continuity was ruined with AOTC Jango's Jetpack(tho that particular one was destryed during his battle with Obi wan) and the new insertion for the ANH episode.

Fantastic custom Scarlet, looks great! Wherre did you source the loose Medicom parts and what figure did you source the rest of his gear from, Marmit?

The figure is primarily made out of Marmit. For the medicom parts, believe it or not, I got 2 RAH bobas. I'm using the parts I need and selling off the ones I dont individually
yeah Lucasfilm really messed up the continuity of Boba's costume when they released the Special Edition Trilogy. However, your configuration of ESB helmet on RoTJ armor is canon because this is how Boba Fett appeared in a number of insert shots filmed specifically for the SE version of RotJ.?

LOL, I dint notice that the ESB Helmet was used for SE ROTJ shots. So I guess I dont have to repaint the whole helmet!:D

Guess it's a bit of Star Wars ignorance, there's differences between the Helmet for Boba Fett in ESB and ROTJ?

Guess it's a bit of Star Wars ignorance, there's differences between the Helmet for Boba Fett in ESB and ROTJ?

The only thing I can think of is the shade of green and in certain shots of ROTJ, Boba's helmet had red stripes at the side rather than yellow.

yeah Lucasfilm really messed up the continuity of Boba's costume when they released the Special Edition Trilogy.

On a somewhat related note the SE trilogy really sort of messed up a lot of the introductions of various characters and things. It was cooler to have Fett debut with the rest of the bounty hunters (not just a random "twerp"), the Falcon is now introduced as background scenery during the SE Jabba scene instead of when Luke first lays eyes on it, Vader's shuttle had a grand entrance in ROTJ until the ESB SE gave it a jarringly edited throw-away sequence. And then there's Jabba, who's first scene in ROTJ was much cooler than the awkward conversation he has with Han in the SE.

I'm almost surprised that Lucas didn't pre-empt Vader's iconic entrance in ANH by a quick insert of him saying "Alert the Tantive IV to prepare for my arrival...." :D

On a somewhat related note the SE trilogy really sort of messed up a lot of the introductions of various characters and things. It was cooler to have Fett debut with the rest of the bounty hunters (not just a random "twerp"), the Falcon is now introduced as background scenery during the SE Jabba scene instead of when Luke first lays eyes on it, Vader's shuttle had a grand entrance in ROTJ until the ESB SE gave it a jarringly edited throw-away sequence. And then there's Jabba, who's first scene in ROTJ was much cooler than the awkward conversation he has with Han in the SE.

I'm almost surprised that Lucas didn't pre-empt Vader's iconic entrance in ANH by a quick insert of him saying "Alert the Tantive IV to prepare for my arrival...." :D

That's why I always feel that the original trilogy MUST be viewed before the prequels. There are a lot of little nods to things (such as the appearance of Chewbacca) that only make sense if you're coming to the film already knowing what happens in the OT.

My wait list just converted! :chew I hope he's worth it!

If you like Boba Fett enough and have yearned for a figure that captures his look correctly, you will be. Just getting his helmet shape and angles correct was worth a great deal to me as many in the past have failed to do so.

Very late to the party... but I did finally crack and get the Medicom Boba and I have to say a very impressive figure. Noggin's a bit oversized, but not too bad and overall he's really pretty awesome.

bobaa.jpg

bobac.jpg

I especially appreciate sculpting a bit of chin under his helmet as opposed to a completely blank head.​
bobab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back