R2-D2 Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its pretty clear whoever is in charge of Sideshow's pricing has a mental illness.

I agree!! I think SS is raising prices wherever they can to compensate for losing customers. The problem is that they don't realize that the initial increase in prices is what made them lose customers in the first place. Nothing they produce is worth the price they charge anymore.

"Master, Sideshow is developing an R2 class droid that is just under 2 feet tall."
e6StX8.jpg

"They are pricing it at $2,000 each!"
mGgoeaO.gif

I can't say I've never overpaid for something in this hobby - but this price is simply crazy!! Who in the H$#L would pay 2K for this thing, you've got to be joking. I thought SS was out of their mind for pricing Ren at $570, but this is out of control. :horror

On top of free shipping, I expect Sideshow to announce triple rewards at this same time next year... just to get this thing to move.
Before that, however, they will threaten with a low quantity alert and even the "Checking warehouse for remaining stock" alert. :lol

Check out that Deagositini! https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/build-your-own-R2-D2/
Hasn't come out in the US yet, but it looks great. Actual metal dome, camera in eye, remote controlled. Looks to be a much better deal.

I purchased the 1:1 R2-D2 from Sideshow when it came out, and it was only like $4500 with free shipping. So the price on this little one seems pretty steep.

I would so buy this in a new York minute. I do the MF subscription, and this would be a no brainer. Sideshow better think long and hard about their new pricing model. Getting easier to stop all together. I always have to justify big purchases, and no way in hell can I justify this or Kylo pf.

I agree!! I think SS is raising prices wherever they can to compensate for losing customers. The problem is that they don't realize that the initial increase in prices is what made them lose customers in the first place. Nothing they produce is worth the price they charge anymore.

Agreed. The price increases has definitely hurt sales. Sideshow answer to this, let's raise the prices more. Like liberal governments plan to increase revenue, let's raise taxes more and give less people money to spend.

I think R2 also looks out of Scale when compared to 3PO

He is too small. So you are not even getting true 1/2 scale.

4bCHl31.jpg

4974200-0189939493-Vinta.jpg

1-howlonguntil.jpg

93439-050-F4396605.jpg

tumblr_lk73gmUrAo1qc755n.jpg

Here is the 1/4 scale comparison to each other.

7176-product-silo.png

4bCHl31.jpg

Last edited:
Sideshow economics - sell 10 at $4250 with a huge mark up instead of selling 500 at $2000 like it's really worth. Genius!

Back