R.I.P Rutger Hauer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“All those memories will be lost, like tears in the rain....”

That line, literally cemented the film into place and drove home the fact that the replicants were as human as anyone...

Read a rumor today that it was improved by RH on set? Anyone confirm this?

The Hitcher....best late night HBO film ever...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
The Tears in Rain line was from Rutger:

Also:

One of the greats, and in so many respects under utilized.
Blade Runner (the classic!), Nighthawks (brilliant villainous role) and Ladyhawke (should have made him a leading man)

R.I.P Rutger Hauer.

Outside of Blade Runner, I also enjoyed him in Blind Fury, Wanted: Dead or Alive, and Split Second.

:(

I used to see RH sitting in a little cafe/bakery in Marina Del Rey in the mid 2000's. Never had the gumption to say anything to him because I could never think of what to say.

Recently watched BR with the kids for the first time and he's so good in it. Even though he was in a lot of stuff, I'm sort of surprised he didn't have a higher profile acting career.

both Roy Batty and Rutger Hauer died in the year 2019…

Last edited:
Ok guys.....

Just watched BR again with the kods for the first time....

I think they changed a line I remember on the original cut....

I remember Roys line to Tyrell as....

“I want more life Fuc$&er”

And in the Bluray it is

“I want more life FATHER”

Did I hear this wrong all these years?

Well I looked it up on IMDB an it says:
[Batty wants Tyrell to extend his lifespan]

Tyrell : Would you... like to be upgraded?

Batty : I had in mind something a little more radical.

Tyrell : What... what seems to be the problem?

Batty : Death.

Tyrell : Death; ah, well that's a little out of my jurisdiction. You...

Batty : *I want more life, f **er/father!* (IMDb Editor's note: see trivia section for details)

And in the Trivia section it says:
(at around 1h 23 mins) Roy Batty's odd meld of "father" and "f **er" after he says to Tyrell, "I want more life" is deliberate. Rutger Hauer was instructed to pronounce it in such a way that it could be both; "f **er" was to be used in the theatrical cut, "father" in all versions of the film for TV.

Yup , ending up looking it up last night also.....

Crazy!

I actually prefer “Father” it makes more sense with the clearly conflicted way RH played the role. Some of those “sad little boy” faces he made were incredible.

Especially the scene where he tells Pris Zora is dead.

Actually, both lines were recorded. If I remember well from Future Noir, the US version was released with Father and the international version used ****er. Then, it changed according to releases. The ultimate version settled on father.

Actually, both lines were recorded. If I remember well from Future Noir, the US version was released with Father and the international version used ****er. Then, it changed according to releases. The ultimate version settled on father.

I believe the "pronounced it so it can be both" is so that in post they can adr the line either way.
I prefer the phrase father because it makes the replicants dilemma more relatable/tragic.

Back