R.I.P Rutger Hauer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m shocked...
4JcWpMR.gif

:(

I loved watching Rutger Hauer. Roy Batty is the best character in Blade Runner. I also liked Blind Fury, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Hobo with a shotgun, and Split Second. All of those B Movies but very enjoyable.

The Hitcher. I remember him in this after Blade Runner! Wow he was great!

“All those memories will be lost, like tears in the rain....”

That line, literally cemented the film into place and drove home the fact that the replicants were as human as anyone...

Read a rumor today that it was improved by RH on set? Anyone confirm this?

The Hitcher....best late night HBO film ever...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

“All those memories will be lost, like tears in the rain....”

That line, literally cemented the film into place and drove home the fact that the replicants were as human as anyone...

Read a rumor today that it was improved by RH on set? Anyone confirm this?

The Hitcher....best late night HBO film ever...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yes it was!

If you’re a fan of blade runner, go and read Future Noir, a great book on every aspects of BR, with interviews too. Gotta say, one of my icons was Harisson Ford, well, much less after reading the book and his interview where he comes off as an a$$hole, but awesome book. Absolute must read.

Pretty gutted by this news, to be honest, and celebrity deaths rarely hit with me, but man, I've been a fan of Rutger Hauer for what feels like pretty much my whole life. And will remain being so for whatever is left of it, too, I'd imagine.

Everyone will praise his performance in Blade Runner, and rightfully so, but he gave so many fantastic performances that will always live on in my memory - Flesh + Blood, The Hitcher, Soldier of Orange (Soldaat van Oranje), Nighthawks, Turkish Delight (Turks Fruit), Ladyhawke, Salute of the Jugger (Blood of Heroes), Blind Fury, Legend of the Holy Drinker, and Sin City. Even in his slightly lesser films like Wanted Dead or Alive, Wedlock, Split Second, The Osterman Weekend, Surviving the Game, Eureka, Hobo with a Shotgun, and the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or smaller parts like The Wilby Conspiracy, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Valerian, and Batman Begins, Hauer was always great fun to watch.

Like many of his contemporaries, he spent way too much time trapped in dtv hell during the latter years of his career, after Hollywood seemingly forgot he existed, a great many of which frankly weren't worthy of his considerable talents, but everyone's gotta pay the bills, so can't begrudge him continuing to do the job that he loved, even when the material was, too often, not worthy of him or his talents. Still, there were a few fun flicks in there if you dug far enough, and he had some nice tv guest roles over those latter years, too, many of which were a joy to watch.

But it's the above listed films that I'll be revisiting most often in the years to come, continuing to enjoy the performances where he was given something real to sink his teeth into, and delivered the goods every damn time. Rest in peace Rutger Hauer, you will be remembered.

Don't forget Surviving the Game and Wedlock (Deadlock)

Yes there are so many great movies Hauer was in. I forgot those and The Hitcher, and Blood of Heroes, Lady Hawke and Night Hawks. Saddened by this news and will be sad each time I watch one of his movies but glad he has a lasting impression in my life.

Since it doesn't seem to have been mentioned here yet I'll say it - What year did Roy Batty die in? What year did Rutger Hauer die in? What were the odds.

RIP

Sad to have him gone. I've greeted him once at a motorcycle dealership, I couldn't connect the dots standing at the counter as he looked familiar at the time.
He only lived 10 minute drive away and I rode past his home a few days ago. He'll be missed.

I read there's a film coming out starring him, the filming was done before he died.

Back