R.I.P Hostess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I grew up--am still growing up on these. :(

31susZZ7IGL._SL500_.jpg

Some other company will snatch up all their products. Same thing happened with Mother's Cookies; they went bankrupt, laid off all their employees and then Kellogg snatched up their trademarks/recipes and then put their products back on the shelves.

I wonder how smart the people that chose to stand out picketing a perfectly good job for their union feel now? They probably made $20 to $30 an hour filling twinkies full of shat with great benefits. Now they will have nothing and go make crappy wages or live off the system because they can't find a job. Sad and disgusting.

No, they don't make that much.

Why does everyone seem to think that union jobs are cushy, high paying and the benefits are wonderful? Cause it's not true at all.

There's more to this story than just what you see in the national news. We have one of their factories here in Ohio.

Some other company will snatch up all their products. Same thing happened with Mother's Cookies; they went bankrupt, laid off all their employees and then Kellogg snatched up their trademarks/recipes and then put their products back on the shelves.

Yeah, I have to think somebody else will start making them now... no way can the twinkie just dissapear from the earth.

And they could be doing what the Ford mixing plant did here in my town. Close up long enough to bust the union then hire new people at minimum wage and ****ty benefits.

Nabisco did the same thing in a town near me years ago. Neither place can keep employees long. They're constantly hiring because they work 7 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours a day. We have quite a few factories like that. What a great life to have!

No, they don't make that much.

Why does everyone seem to think that union jobs are cushy, high paying and the benefits are wonderful? Cause it's not true at all.

There's more to this story than just what you see in the national news. We have one of their factories here in Ohio.

Lets say your right Ween. How did their Union help them? I sell insurance for a living. I never walked into a union that didnt have the best benefits. Plus you're in Ohio. Ohio has it bad right now all around. But the people have spoken. ;)

And they could be doing what the Ford mixing plant did here in my town. Close up long enough to bust the union then hire new people at minimum wage and ****ty benefits.

Nabisco did the same thing in a town near me years ago. Neither place can keep employees long. They're constantly hiring because they work 7 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours a day. We have quite a few factories like that. What a great life to have!

A job is a job. Life sucks, it isn't fair, and everyone doesn't win. The sooner people realize that again the better we will be as a nation.

This. :lecture

People bidding on those boxes of Twinkies on eBay are idiots.

I wonder how smart the people that chose to stand out picketing a perfectly good job for their union feel now? They probably made $20 to $30 an hour filling twinkies full of shat with great benefits. Now they will have nothing and go make crappy wages or live off the system because they can't find a job. Sad and disgusting.

why did they start picketing? what was the reason in the first place?

I heard in one of the news channel don't remember which one that someone was already thinking about it.

tumblr_md68xwzZQI1rktm91o1_500.jpg

The Twinkies are sold out everywhere around here! I searched two Wal-Marts, a Walgreens, and Kroger. My girlfriend and I did manage to get a couple bags of the powdered and chocolate donuts though:yess: I'm eating some powdered ones with chocolate milk now; it's delicious:)

We got tastycake brand in jersey,they are way better than hostess anyway.

A job is a job. Life sucks, it isn't fair, and everyone doesn't win. The sooner people realize that again the better we will be as a nation.

But..But..But.. WAIT HOLD UP! Are you tellin me.... Life isn't supposed to be fair for everyone? Everyone doesn't win? Damn, I thought that's what he was selling. He promised. :( (sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back