Qui-Gon + George Washington = Same Hairstylist?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JustinLuck said:
So what do you guys think? I thickened his hair and darkened his beard a tad bit.

faneditcomparison8cd.jpg

I think your edit looks awesome. Quite a bit better.

I don't know he went from having a GW hair style to one more of what you migh see of Jesus Christ.

jlcmsu said:
I don't know he went from having a GW hair style to one more of what you migh see of Jesus Christ.

LOL, I knew someone was gonna say that! Take your pick, George Washington or Jesus? :D

quigon.jpg

Liam_Neeson.jpg

Looks like Jesus to me! :D

Seriously though, thickening the hair on top of his head really helps make it look more natural and less colonial, while widening the flow of the hair in the back is a good compromise for not having any of it over the shoulders.

Yeah, Qui-Gon's hair in the Sideshow pick is way too thin and it looks really straight. The edited photo looks a lot more like Qui-Gon in the movie with the thick hair and what looks to me like some waviness to it. I think it looks dead on.:dance

I just wanted to post itsalive's photoshop rendition. Very nice. I was nearly blown out of my chair when I saw this pic. It's amazing how just little cumulative changes can make the figure look so much more like Liam Neeson. I think the corrected hair and eyebrows really help bring out Neeson's distinctive eyes. I don't understand why Sideshow couldn't make the figure's hair look closer to this if they had access to all the reference photos of QuiGon...:confused:

quigon2fs.jpg

Well if anyone doesnt like the sideshow one, bust out your scuply and brown paint and go to town. . . . .

I like the redo on the hair in that pic but it doesn't bother me enough to have any real issues.

I'm just at a loss as to why they didn't just do it the same way they did Legolas. That was a flawless execution of virtually the same hairstyle.

Customikey said:
I'm just at a loss as to why they didn't just do it the same way they did Legolas. That was a flawless execution of virtually the same hairstyle.

Agree.

But still we are looking at a prototype.

Ooh, I hate to say it....but that close up of the hair really does look like a bad toupee, I'm sure its just a slight problem that they will fix or something. Or maybe it doesn't look that bad in person. There has been some nitpicking with the figures, and there have been some genuine concerns/flaws, but I think the overall concensus is "yahoo these're gonna be great" so I'm pretty sure everything will turn out all right with Qui-Gon.

Customikey said:

EVILFACE said:
Agree.

But still we are looking at a prototype.

I agree with both of you...I've been pushing for Legolas style hair on Qui-Gon since he was revealed. He DEFINITELY needs the hair to the front over the shoulders too...and puffier at the bottom, and more snug to the head at the top. Just look at the screen-captures earlier in this thread...Some of those fan versions look good...and if the solution is half ears with more snug hair, I'm all for it! It's just got to end up looking less 'colonial' (as was mentioned earlier in this thread) and less like a wig. But the face sculpt is AWESOME!!!

:D

The only reason I can think of why they didn't do the over the shoulder hair is if they wanted to do him from the dual of the fates scene. But of course that goes contrary to the poncho. On the other hand, if the hair were in front it may make it more difficult to put the poncho on. :confused:

Justin...where did you get the idea that anyone thinks the hair criticisms are nitpicking? I only address this because my post is the only one that uses the word nitpicking in it between your two previous posts. But the thing I'm not too sure of is the first words outta my mouth were the hair looked bad, then I used nitpicking in conjunction with "genuine concerns/flaws". Given my statement about the hair it would appear that I put the hair in this category as opposed to the nitpicking. Which is what I do consider it, a genuine concern that I think we all have about the figure, and a genuine flaw if we get the figure and it looks like a wig. And that's without bothering to mention that I said these figures referring to all of them and not just Qui-Gon. Come to think of it...Qui-Gon might be the first figure that hasn't been nitpicked.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the final figure (the one that we'll receive) Will not contain a two piece headsculpt, right?

What I mean is that Sideshow "sculpted" the hair and facial sculpts separately but they will be one piece when manufactured, right?...

That would eliminate the dreaded "hair piece" look and perhaps nullify or at least tone down the "powdered wig syndrome".

Here's hoping.

And by the way, I think that rooted hair Qui-Gon looks ok.

FlyAndFight said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the final figure (the one that we'll receive) Will not contain a two piece headsculpt, right?

What I mean is that Sideshow "sculpted" the hair and facial sculpts separately but they will be one piece when manufactured, right?...

That would eliminate the dreaded "hair piece" look and perhaps nullify or at least tone down the "powdered wig syndrome".

Here's hoping.

And by the way, I think that rooted hair Qui-Gon looks ok.

SSC is experimenting with casting the head and hair as seperate pieces (when neccessary) and then having them attached in the factory. They've done an excellent job with this method so far (Vampire Buffy, Anakin, Legolas, and as far back as Spinal Tap) but seem to have let the concept run amok a bit here. So no, they will indeed be seperate pieces glued together when you recieve it.

Glad you think my custom-painted Qui-Gon is ok. Even did his hair for him. Aint he purty?

Customikey said:
SSC is experimenting with casting the head and hair as seperate pieces (when neccessary) and then having them attached in the factory. They've done an excellent job with this method so far (Vampire Buffy, Anakin, Legolas, and as far back as Spinal Tap) but seem to have let the concept run amok a bit here. So no, they will indeed be seperate pieces glued together when you recieve it.

Glad you think my custom-painted Qui-Gon is ok. Even did his hair for him. Aint he purty?

Ah, ok. Let's hope they use Gorilla Glue to keep that wig on nice and firm...;)

I didn't know the custom Qui-Gon was your's. Amazing job on the hair. That must have been some work getting it to look so sharp and neat, with the hair pulled back like that. Well done.

Back