Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES, YES,
and we are sorry about that.

There are som stories, forgive me not able to share at this stage,
but we had many close discussions of how to run this, and please give us sometime, it will be totally worth the wait.

YES, YES,

but we had many close discussions of how to run this, and please give us sometime, it will be totally worth the wait.

Are the yeses in reference to the Witch King, Gandalf or both? I am in for whichever it is.

YES, YES,

What's minimum number of figures you're planning to release in 2018?

Rasmus...now that your 1st dwarven figure is out will you go into the hobbit ones....gim looks great so I'm pounding the table for all of them

I'm so excited to see how this new Dwarven body is in hand. Curious about the joint systems and dimensions of it when it's all stripped down. Asmus, any chance of this new body being sold in store for customs/kitbashes?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi Asmus,

I just opened my Sam 2.0. Is the cape supposed to be that narrow? It looks fuller on the instruction sheet. I can't tell from the promo pictures.

Sam Asmus cape.jpg

Just to be quite clear, we are getting a Slim Gandalf the Grey right?

So Gandalf (slim) or LOTR, Arwen, Ringwraith (2.0 or just rerelease). Are all these confirmed? Has anything else been teased, confirmed or otherwise?

Wasnt elrond teased also? Hype for elrond. And bilbo too.

By my admittedly unscientific recollection, these are the figures that have been teased by Asmus (please chime in with any corrections/additions/confirmations, you guys):

-Thorin (Sculpt teased.)
-Bilbo (Freeman) (Sculpt teased.)
-Arwen (Sculpt teased. Horse?)
-Eomer (Sculpt teased. Horse?)

Here are the re-releases/2.0/upgraded figures that have been teased/promised:

-Gothmog (Re-release? Shown at a con, not sure if there are any upgrades.)
-Ringwraith (2.0? Re-release? Mentioned.)
-Gandalf the White (New head promised a few years back, but we haven't heard much since.)
-Gandalf the Grey (New head or slim has been discussed. Seems to be in "possibly-but-not-confirmed" territory.)

Figures they've said they want to make and/or plan to make:

-Uruk-Hai/Lurtz
-Gollum/Smeagol
-Sauron

Any others you folks remember?

Asmus? Is this about right? Care to comment on any of these?

Last edited:
I don't recall them actually saying Gollum was in the works. I do remember George saying the issue with him is the body/mechanics of it and of course they are thinking about him as he is integral to the story of the One Ring.

I don't remember anything about revisiting Gothmog or Ringwraith other than they noted that people were interested in the latter being reproduced if nothing more.

Faramir has come up in conversations as well but no confirmation. They asked what outfit we would rather have him in and Ranger won by a long-slide.

I don't recall them actually saying Gollum was in the works. I do remember George saying the issue with him is the body/mechanics of it and of course they are thinking about him as he is integral to the story of the One Ring.

I don't remember anything about revisiting Gothmog or Ringwraith other than they noted that people were interested in the latter being reproduced if nothing more.

Faramir has come up in conversations as well but no confirmation. They asked what outfit we would rather have him in and Ranger won by a long-slide.

Yeah, they've said several times over the years they really want to do Gollum at some point but haven't shared any concrete plans. That's why I put him in the third category. (Only because they've mentioned him specifically.) Not necessarily a figure that's in the works currently, but definitely in the long-term plans.

In his figure thread, it does look like Gothmog might be getting a reissue. Whether that means anything will be different from the first go-round is anybody's guess. Also they have specifically commented on the possibility/probability of a Ringwraith 2.0. (Can't remember which thread, though.) But nothing firm.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about Faramir. Didn't mean to slight the poor guy. Never gets the respect he deserves. First his dad, now this!

Last edited:
Ranger Faramir is my most wanted character left for this entire series. He was probably in my top 5 or so at the start.

Back